Mysteria Revision Project

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:07 AM

Yes.... A few months back, I announced that I was trying to fix a few errors in Adventure in Mysteria (AiM, for short.... Weird, isn't it?), yet after just a little while, I stopped, because of a bug with the Save as 2.10 feature... Well, I decided to use 2.10 again. The other day, it wouldn't open at all on my lappy, yet now, for some reason, it's working on it! So, I'm fixing up a few things, making places look better, etc. Trust me, YOU'LL LOVE IT THIS TIME. And to make things better..... I'M FINALLY LETTING YOU SEE THE PATH TO MT. FROSTBITE. But it's still hidden! How will you see it? Simple- I'm allowing you to get the Lens of Truth BEFORE you get to Level 5! So there you have it. Fixing up the quest and making things work. And look better. For one, it'll be more obvious as to what item to use on a certain thing to get rid of it, thus, you don't have to guess. And yes, that includes the caves that can't be unblocked without a Super Bomb. The way I see it, there should be rocks that are too strong for Normal Bombs to blow up... icon_wink.gif So, here's a list of what I plan to do:

(Key: [O]/[o] = Finished. [-] = Started on, but not done. [X]/[x] = Not finished.)

[x] Move Lens of Truth to another location so it may be acquired before Mt. Frostbite.
[-] Fix many obvious graphical errors.
[-] Make things look better by making new tiles.
[x] Moving things around so as to not make things weird, like the "hidden" shop selling the Boots. That was there just for the sake of using every last item in the game. Pitiful.
[x] Change a few dungeons to make different parts of them look better.
[-] Add new dungeon!! Whoooo!!!!!!
[-] Fix up the overworld.
[-] Redo Levels 1-8 to make them better.

I'll add more when I think of them, and edit this post as I accomplish my plans. Also, please, PM me if you find any bugs or anything with my quest. And please, for Pete's sake, DON'T USE A KEY IN ANY DUNGEON OTHER THAN THE ONE YOU GOT IT FROM! Otherwise, you'll get stuck. However, if I move the quest to 2.11, I could change that pretty quickly.... But no. The enemies are a bit messed up in the latests builds/betas when loading from past quests, so... Oh well. At least I'm fixing things, right?

Edit @ April 4, 2007, 3:14 PM: Well.... I kinda decided to make another dungeon. I am about to work on it. So yeah, makes the quest LONGER. icon_razz.gif

Edit @ April 5, 2007, 3:16 PM: Added new Key symbol. [-] means that fix/addition has been started already, but isn't done yet. Also, look at the time of the previous update- It's PI! Also, thus update has been made 24 hours, 2 minutes after the last one! :O

Edit @ April 10, 2007, 10:43 AM: O_o I'm redoing all the dungeons except Level 9. Also, I'm changing the "mountain" tiles in the NewFirst set... What are they gonna look like? Well...... You'll just have to wait and see. icon_wink.gif

Major Edit: Well... With all the redoing I'm doing, this should be a new quest. Say hello to the Mysteria Revision Project, dedicated to rebuilding Adventure in Mysteria.... One screen at a time.... In fact, I don't think Level 9 will be spared from the redoing, either.... MAYBE.

Edited by Matthew, 10 April 2007 - 10:04 AM.

#2 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

too high for the grocery store

• Members

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:30 AM

Sounds awesome icon_thumbsup.gif Sounds like you're making a lot of changes.

I'll add more when I think of them, and edit this post as I accomplish my plans. Also, please, PM me if you find any bugs or anything with my quest. And please, for Pete's sake, DON'T USE A KEY IN ANY DUNGEON OTHER THAN THE ONE YOU GOT IT FROM! Otherwise, you'll get stuck. However, if I move the quest to 2.11, I could change that pretty quickly.... But no. The enemies are a bit messed up in the latests builds/betas when loading from past quests, so... Oh well. At least I'm fixing things, right?

I had the same problem in Celestrial Shadows with the key problem. The best way to fix it is to make sure they need another item before they can open it. That usually works... (I hope you know what I mean by that)

#3 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 06 April 2007 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Apr 6 2007, 01:30 PM) View Post

Sounds awesome icon_thumbsup.gif Sounds like you're making a lot of changes.
I had the same problem in Celestrial Shadows with the key problem. The best way to fix it is to make sure they need another item before they can open it. That usually works... (I hope you know what I mean by that)

Thanks! By the way, I know that all of my dungeons (just about) have an odd predicament in the last rooms where you have one room where you get a key, and another where you get the Boss Key, right behind a Locked Door. I'm gonna try to change that a bit. >_> I'll try my hardest to make it work! Also, I'll move some items around. Like, Magic Boomerang won't be in Level 4 anymore, and instead, you'll get the Ladder. Hey, makes more sense than getting it in Level 3, where it's USELESS! XD

Hey, I have a favor to ask. I need a banner for this QPF, so I can maybe attract more visitors (it's like people only go to the QPFs of well-known and great questmakers.....). So, anyone think they could make a good one? I'd appreciate it. icon_smile.gif

#4 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

QQ QQQ Qq qs;f;; qQ

• Members

Posted 06 April 2007 - 10:39 PM

I'll have a shot at the banner. Do you need a specific outline?

#5 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE(Taco_Chopper @ Apr 7 2007, 12:39 AM) View Post

I'll have a shot at the banner. Do you need a specific outline?

Outline? Like what? A line around the banner? Or do you mean like a base for it, like an outline of a paper?

#6 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

QQ QQQ Qq qs;f;; qQ

• Members

Posted 07 April 2007 - 05:17 PM

No, like any specific details, like the title or something?
Not a base... icon_toast.gif

#7 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE(Taco_Chopper @ Apr 7 2007, 07:17 PM) View Post

No, like any specific details, like the title or something?
Not a base... icon_toast.gif

Ah.

Basically... I just want it to show the name of this QPF, and a basic image of what the name means to you. Or something. ..How 'bout this? Checkerboard background, with a Link on both sides. (Animating, if you can. If not, then no animation.) Thanks.

#8 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

QQ QQQ Qq qs;f;; qQ

• Members

Posted 08 April 2007 - 02:28 AM

I made a few banners, Matthew. Here they are.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Special thanks to Google Images. icon_biggrin.gif

But I still have gotta figure out how to do the linking URL in the images... icon_question.gif

#9 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:12 AM

...I meant a Link sprite, like from a ZC tileset. XD Sorry I didn't make that clearer. Anyways, PTU Link will do. icon_razz.gif And please, make the background show some sort of clubhouse on it. icon_razz.gif

#10 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:11 AM

Well, like I said in the edit of the first post, the Adventure in Mysteria you once knew is now no more! Instead, I've begun the Mysteria Revision Project, which is dedicated to rebuilding Adventure in Mysteria the RIGHT way. However, it's currently just me. If you'd like to help, please, let me know in this topic or in a PM and tell me what you'd like to do! So yeah. Thanks. icon_smile.gif

#11 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:30 PM

Well, I guess I should make a list of who is taking part in the Mysteria Revision Project.... >_>

Nuvo- Overworlds
Animus01- Beta testing
Revfan9- Tiles/Palettes

...I'll edit this when I get more people to join in...

Also, check the Support Banner Thread for the banner for the Mysteria Revision Project.... I'm trying to make it look better.... C'mon, if you've got a good one, SHOW IT TO ME! icon_smile.gif

Edited by Matthew, 11 April 2007 - 08:24 AM.

#12 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:03 PM

Well, always glad to help, I'd be willing to help with the palettes and tiles, if you want to enhance the tileset at all for the remake...

#13 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE(Revfan9 @ Apr 10 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Well, always glad to help, I'd be willing to help with the palettes and tiles, if you want to enhance the tileset at all for the remake...

Well, I don't really need any help with the palettes, per se, save for a few custom ones I might need. But it'd be nice to have some help on the tiles. icon_smile.gif

Speaking of tiles, you have any good circus-type tiles? (Both indoor and outdoor....) Animus said the reason he downloaded the original is for Evil Circus, so he really wants that to stay... problem is, I don't want to keep it if I don't have any good tiles for a circus...

#14 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:31 PM

Alright. What bit/palette do you want it in?

EDIT: Okay, I found these 2 chipsets. But I still need to know the bit/palette you want them in...

IPB Image
IPB Image

Edited by Revfan9, 10 April 2007 - 09:40 PM.

#15 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE(Revfan9 @ Apr 10 2007, 11:31 PM) View Post

Alright. What bit/palette do you want it in?

EDIT: Okay, I found these 2 chipsets. But I still need to know the bit/palette you want them in...

IPB Image
IPB Image

Hmmm..... Animus showed me those EXACT same tiles. XD But anyways... I'm currently using all Palettes up to Palette F, I believe it is, so... You can either make your own (if you want), or you can just recolor it into a cset in Palette 0, the main overworld one. (But please, if you DO make a new palette, please at least make it so it works with the normal mountain and ground tiles... and water.... >_>) Either is fine. icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users