Photo

Screenshot of the Week 310

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

Poll: ! (60 member(s) have cast votes)

!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

Molten Onyx
IPB Image
Just look at those single-layer mountains! Look at 'em I sa- I think we might've already been through this...

Orin XD
IPB Image
Yet another avanced shot of Diamond quest. I have made new ghosts; Muh, ha, ha!

ZeeLiam
IPB Image

Pokemonmaster64
IPB Image
Too late for Screen Rebirth, but there's always Screenshot of the Week!

Yoshidude
IPB Image
Link senses a great energy in the forest

Furion
IPB Image
Ǝxɬarу Ħaʝэɳs

#2 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:48 PM

They're all pretty good this week, I had trouble deciding. In the end, I voted for Molten Onyx with Zeeliam in close second. Those single layered mountains just really appeal to me I guess.

Edited by ZebraStallion, 06 February 2011 - 04:49 PM.

#3 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:52 PM

I voted for Zeeliam because he was able to make a non-crowded neo-classic style screenshot with actual structure. Rather than just having everything everywhere in totally random sequence.

#4 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

They're all so good Dx! HARD TO CHOOSE, so I choose Pokemonmaster64. I can't review them, because they're all appealing D=!

#5 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:59 PM

Molten Onyx: It looks nice, but you have a bit of a problem with obstructing objects and things like bushes on the edge of the screen...also, why are the items in the subscreen so classic looking? Is that BACON?
Orin XD: This is the perfect case of enemies ruining a good screenshot. All those enemies and projectiles everywhere makes it hard to see the screen in its full glory. This would be fine during gameplay, but when it's a screenshot, it's best not to have so many enemies, especially not ones that shoot fire...
ZeeLiam: It's a nice screen, but I don't really like the palette...the colors of the trees don't match well with the rocks and water...or maybe it's just me...
Pokemonmaster64: What a nice screen. Why this is the gosh durn purtiest thang I ever seen. I think I should give myself a PRRROMOTION! Subliminal messages here are not -> VOTE FOR ME NOW!
Yoshidude: See the thing about trees is that they're supposed to obstruct your vision and these don't really- aw now I'm just nitpicking...this is a brilliant screen! I think it just might win...
Furion: Aaaand then this comes along. Is this even Zelda Classic? You...you...see that little speck of light back there. That was my thunder. And you stole it. If this doesn't win I will be very surprised.

Edit: Let's hope that if I lose, I'm at least less than 5 votes behind...

Edited by Pokemonmaster64, 06 February 2011 - 05:00 PM.

#6 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:01 PM

I think the best is Molten Onyx' screen.. but wait! Who made this awesome atmospheric forest screen? Yoshidude, of course! I vote for you icon_biggrin.gif
Yeah I like forests, and I like this tileset. There is nothing wrong with this screen!

#7 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Feb 6 2011, 02:59 PM) View Post

Furion: Aaaand then this comes along. Is this even Zelda Classic? You...you...see that little speck of light back there. That was my thunder. And you stole it. If this doesn't win I will be very surprised.

Haha, that's funny. I don't expect to win honestly, but thanks.

Molten Onyx
: Very decent shot. Balanced and well rounded.
OrionXD: This shot is not very pleasing to my eye. The tree by the stairs bottom kills the shot. The outline just doesn't compliment the overall dull view.
ZeeLiam: Well done. No complaints!
Pokemonmaster64: This would be a great shot, if you had added some variety of color other than green. Otherwise you blended the natural feel very well.
Yoshidude: Meh. It feels like it lack something, again with the color variety.

#8 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE(Furion @ Feb 6 2011, 05:05 PM) View Post

Pokemonmaster64: This would be a great shot, if you had added some variety of color other than green. Otherwise you blended the natural feel very well.

Wut? I don't see anything in the shot that I could make NOT green...Orange trees wouldn't look as good in my opinion and well...I don't see many non green trees in real life... As for the grass...well...are there any other shades of grass in DoR in the particular palette I chose?

#9 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:12 PM

Red, orange, or yellow would make the shot look more decent in my opinion. a dying yellow bush, for example, is what I am getting at.

#10 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE(Furion @ Feb 6 2011, 03:12 PM) View Post

Red, orange, or yellow would make the shot look more decent in my opinion. a dying yellow bush, for example, is what I am getting at.

Or a few gray stones would work well too.

#11 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:18 PM

See the problem is, I'm not a great tile artist or a great palette maker...person...thing, so if DoR doesn't come with dying yellow bushes, I'm sunk.

#12 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:31 PM

Molten Onyx - 9/10
I love this screen. Crisp, clean, and definitely the best shot this week. I nulled, because I'm in it, but I woulda voted here had I not been in it.

Orin - 7/10
I like the colors, and it gives off a nice feel. But I don't like how crowded the screen is at the bottom, try removing the big tree in the bottom-middle so that the whole screen can have a little more breathing room.

Pokemonmaster - 6.5/10
It seems functional, but I don't particularly like it. The colors are all the same, and the design is pretty boring. I'm not really sure what you could do to improve it.

Yoshidude - 7/10
Great job! This is a real improvement over you're past SotW entry. The whole screen seems very raw (in a good way) and the colors are crisp and nice.

Furion - 7/10
I wasn't really sure how to rate this screen. Although it isn't really Zelda, the colors and design are nice. You did a good job.

#13 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE(ZeeLiam @ Feb 6 2011, 05:31 PM) View Post

Pokemonmaster - 6.5/10
It seems functional, but I don't particularly like it. The colors are all the same, and the design is pretty boring. I'm not really sure what you could do to improve it.

Wut? By definition isn't something considered near perfect when you can't think of any way to improve it? I mean, your description doesn't really match the rating in my opinion...Also once again with the colors...you want purple trees and blue dirt? Fine. Maybe next time I'll give you purple trees and blue dirt...not meaning to rage here, but I can feel another one of my infamous landslide losses coming here...

Edited by Pokemonmaster64, 07 February 2011 - 12:52 PM.

#14 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:53 PM

I voted for Zeeliam this week. It's the most colorful and eye-catching out of all of the shots.

#15 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:55 PM

Wow, i didn't notice i would have such a competition this week, icon_doh.gif
good screens guys icon_thumbsup.gif

Edited by Yoshidude, 06 February 2011 - 06:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users