• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:16 PM

Have you ever played a quest that you believe deserves more attention? I'm sure most of us have, considering how many quests there are.

For me, I consider Nostalrul by Nexas an underrated quest. I mean it might not be the greatest quest, but it's good for what it is and what it does. I enjoy that the quest is short and doesn't overstay its welcome even though there are some odd difficulty spikes.

What quests do you consider underrated? 

Edited by Duck, 31 October 2014 - 12:48 PM.

• Shane and Mero like this

#2 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:20 PM

Totally not meant to counter the thread that was made 20 minutes ago.

DayDay.

That's right, I was a jerk twice in one post.

Edited by GrantGreif, 30 October 2014 - 07:20 PM.

• Shane, Eddy, Jenny and 3 others like this

#3 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:22 PM

mario quest

• Shane and LinkFan212 like this

#4 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:23 PM

Honestly, I like this thread so much more than the other thread, as it's far less likely to be locked or lead to a dumb debate that was started for absolutely zero reason.

Anyways, I'd have to agree with GrantGrief actually, DayDay.

It may look ugly, and the strings may be ugly, but there's a perculiar charm about DayDay that makes it fun to play. For one, it's short, so if you hate it, it ends very quickly. Secondly, it's fairly easy, making it one of those quests that you can sit down and enjoy for a few minutes if you're bored.

Edited by Nexas, 30 October 2014 - 07:24 PM.

• Shane, Eddy, Jenny and 4 others like this

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:25 PM

I feel like EddyTheOliveira's quests are totally underrated. I feel like he's a quest developer who usually seems to be underestimated, and makes some pretty neat stuff. I played several of his quests. Sure, some of them were pretty basic, but some of them are hidden underrated gems as well. Mainly the Amy Rose series and Hero's Legend. Nexas's Nostalrul is also another overlooked gem. Incredibly fast pacing, simple but fun gameplay and a humorous storyline... what more could you ask for? Fort Knights by Joe123 is another quest I don't see big talk of. Sure, there are problems, but I feel like it was fun and amazing overall. Now, I'm going into controversial risky territory here, but I do think Hero's Memory (my favorite quest), is underrated. I just feel like it's a true Zelda Classic quest that captures the official Zelda feel so damn perfectly, it's almost scary. And yet, I feel like it doesn't get enough credit for that. And yes, DayDay is underrated, I agree. I thi

Edited by Shane, 30 October 2014 - 07:28 PM.

• Eddy, Jenny, TheLegend_njf and 1 other like this

#6 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:28 PM

Link To Tortuga.

Alright you can flame me now. :unsure:

#7 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:29 PM

BUT FRANKY!

...I like that quest too. :x

#8 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:40 PM

Hero of Dreams. It just doesn't get the praise it deserves. chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f

• Nathaniel, Air Luigi, Eddy and 8 others like this

#9 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:50 PM

At this point of time, Tothetop, Eiyuu and MegamanDRWR.

• Shane likes this

#10 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:03 PM

Tothetop

Derailing joke posts aside, I have to agree with you on this one. I really think this quest is a pretty underrated gem from the demo I played. A lot of effort and creativity was put into it, and yet I barely see any real discussion about it. Hell, I don't even think I've seen a download link. Is it even out? Some great quests are just destined to fall in the shadows, and it's a sad truth, really.

#11 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:09 PM

So, I feel there's a difference between a solid quest, and a terrible quest, and I feel like this quest is solid. For one, you have to actually consider the time frame it was made in. 1 day was put into this quest, and in the end, it was pretty solid. I keep looking through the reviews saying this quest is god-awful, when clearly it's not when things like Yeto's Quest exists. Is it very good? Not really, but it's still a solid quest, and you have to at least commend the creator for the time frame he used to make this.

Edited by Nexas, 30 October 2014 - 08:10 PM.

• Shane likes this

#12 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:13 PM

Perhaps Here We Go Again by Scootaloo. As one of a bunch of 5th quest entries, it was mixed in with a lot of big names and I think it got lost in the shuffle. It's a solid NES-style quest that takes the familiar overworld and mixes it up just enough to be interesting, and has all new dungeons. I had a lot of fun with this one.

#13 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:22 PM

Derailing joke posts aside, I have to agree with you on this one. I really think this quest is a pretty underrated gem from the demo I played. A lot of effort and creativity was put into it, and yet I barely see any real discussion about it. Hell, I don't even think I've seen a download link. Is it even out? Some great quests are just destined to fall in the shadows, and it's a sad truth, really.

It was never finished, it's still a 2.10 demo. It's longer than a full length quest anyway. I spend more than 25 hours to get to floor 10. The second half of the quest needs a ton of polish and balance of difficulty, but it's still awesome. Floor 9 (day/night system) is a milestone in ZC, and I found weird that no one tried something similar with the possibilities of 2.5.

• Shane likes this

#14 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:34 PM

There's three off the top of my mind. Eiyuu for one, it's really deep and well-crafted in atmosphere, story, secrets, design, and replayability. There's many secrets and collectibles and ways to play through the game that it offers replayability unlike any other quest that came before it, and there's plenty of clever tricks and original items to boot. Definitely deserves more attention.

The other two are Zelda Conquest and Triforce of Terror by Xavier/a30502355. Both are actually quite fun to play, and while they may have issues with backtracking and tough difficulty at times, they're really fun romps with enjoyable dungeon and world design. Sure, they also have quite hokey bosses and really goofy characters and dialogue, but it gives the games their own charm and in my opinion make it quite amusing. Both are definitely worth a look at, but I hardly hear many people talk about them.

Oh, and as of right now, Isle of Rebirth. chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f

• strike likes this

#15 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:20 AM

DayDay. No I'm actually serious about that. Lemme quote what Nexas said:

It may look ugly, and the strings may be ugly, but there's a perculiar charm about DayDay that makes it fun to play. For one, it's short, so if you hate it, it ends very quickly. Secondly, it's fairly easy, making it one of those quests that you can sit down and enjoy for a few minutes if you're bored.

I can say exactly the same thing about DayDay. Nuff said'

Another quest that pops into my mind would be The Hero's Memory. Despite a lot of people loving this quest (including me), I still find it to be kinda overlooked and I honestly think it should get a lot more praise than it currently has, but hey that's just me. This seems to be the only quest where original Zelda dungeons were used to their maximum and the flow of the quest was superb. Also, that overworld theme... IT'S STILL STUCK IN MY HEAD MAN ;_;

Also, thanks Shane for the shoutout :D

Edited by EddyTheOliveira, 31 October 2014 - 05:21 AM.

• Shane, Haylee and Aevin like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users