Photo

Screenshot of the Week 233

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 233 (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Here are this weeks contestants!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Oct 22 2008, 02:28 PM) View Post

I don't recommend using P. Enhanced Trees. Just add more ground detail. *shrug*

Finally, somebody who agrees with me. Like I said in the screenshot topic, don't use the edits. Use the originals.

#32 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:38 PM

LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN!
Okay, I just NEED to say something, even though I'm not supposed to be here -.-

There's NOTHING wrong with that screen, Angeal. In fact, I love it... a bit too much. I love that it's so "simple", but THAT'S how I think Pure should be used.
Don't you listen to anyone else that's said something negetive... cause this looks great... EVEN WITH THE STRAIGHT MOUNTAINS! I don't know how you pulled that off.

Also, the updated screen is better, obviously, but the new stone path REALLY kills it :/ Go back to the old...

Now, for those of you who's like "OMGHe'snotsupposedtobeherenowlulz", I just came in to check mah PM's icon_biggrin.gif

#33 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE(Angeal @ Oct 22 2008, 08:40 AM) View Post

OldIPB Image New IPB Image
This is what I have done to remedy the Basiciness of my shot. It looks tons better if you ask me.

Some of the shading is a little weird, but the design is better. Just a couple things...unless the body of water is small, the water border tiles on the right don't fit. And Linkus has a remade version of the stone path tiles in DoR 2.0. It's a not-that-hard recolor away.

And to those who said I could use more ground detail: I was trying to avoid that 'cause I thought too much of those tiles would look too crowded. And all of the in-ZC MC cave screens I seen don't have a ton of detail on the floor. icon_shrug.gif

#34 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:43 AM

I was thinking of adding textured grass to it, and different tufts of grass where the current ones are.

#35 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:44 AM

Ok Angeal, I'll review it as to how I like to see Pure done. Hell, I'll even make the screen as I would do it. First, I do agree with the mountains being too straight, I like mad erratic mountain changes. I do prefer the older graphics but there are some parts I'd change around. Like the path, I'd just go with more of a naturally wore down dirt path, looks nicer and more like it belongs. Also, I go for insane tree variety, you'll see that in the pic. I'm a sucker for the 'bladed' grass combo in Pure, I rarely ever use the just pure green block. Transparent water is a must in my mind. I do my detailing in a different way then you I guess, it's just preference really. Guess this paragraph could've served better as a list...oh well.

I'm mainly just showing what I would do with this screen. This is by no means perfect Pure, it's just my style, and you wanted feedback so here ya go.

IPB Image

If you want me to set you up with my transparent water edit collection just ask me, I'd be happy to share em with you.

Man, I overuse the summer palette...

#36 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:56 AM

Actually yes, Plissken, I would love transarent water. Wouldn't mind having it myself. icon_biggrin.gif I think Ill take you up on that offer.

#37 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:15 AM

Ok, here we go.

IPB Image
IPB Image

The stuff at the top left of the first one is used to go underneath the sea foam shoreline on the second pic. So, the shoreline stuff in the first pic goes on layer 0, with a Shallow Water combo type, and the edited shoreline on the second page goes on a transparent layer one.

Underwater details and lake/river/ocean floor goes on layer 0, with the appropriate combo type. Water goes on transparent layer 1, above water details (includes the waves on the bottom of page 1) goes on layer 2 above the water. I've only made underwater details compatible for the one type of dirt, but I did include just plain underwater floor for the rest of the dirt if you want to adapt details onto their too.

Anybody is welcome to use these, if you have questions on any of them just ask.

#38 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE(Plissken @ Oct 25 2008, 10:15 AM) View Post

Ok, here we go.

IPB Image
IPB Image

The stuff at the top left of the first one is used to go underneath the sea foam shoreline on the second pic. So, the shoreline stuff in the first pic goes on layer 0, with a Shallow Water combo type, and the edited shoreline on the second page goes on a transparent layer one.

Underwater details and lake/river/ocean floor goes on layer 0, with the appropriate combo type. Water goes on transparent layer 1, above water details (includes the waves on the bottom of page 1) goes on layer 2 above the water. I've only made underwater details compatible for the one type of dirt, but I did include just plain underwater floor for the rest of the dirt if you want to adapt details onto their too.

Anybody is welcome to use these, if you have questions on any of them just ask.

Wow Plissken! Can I use that as well? They look really nice. icon_smile.gif

#39 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:25 AM

Yeah, anyone can use them. Made a topic in DE just now so more people can use them.

#40 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:48 PM

Could see myself using those tiles later on.

One thing I got against Plissken's shot is the water isn't very deep. If it's supposed to be the ocean it's nowhere near deep enough.

#41 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:11 PM

He didn't provide a section of the mountain as to where I could see how far it went down, so I just kinda made it one. *shrug*

#42 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:33 AM

ZebraStallion [9] ** [20.93%]
Zenith [23] ** [53.49%]
Angeal [3] ** [6.98%]
CastChaos [8] ** [18.60%]
Total Votes: 43

This week's winner is Zenith! Congrats on the win! icon_smile.gif