• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 18 July 2021 - 06:58 PM

Greetings!

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum to post this in, but I hope so. I really need some help!

I have run into a very big problem while using Moosh's NPC script:

Some FFCs simply don't appear or disappear when Link acquires certain items. This is essential to my quest.

Sometimes I have problems with solidity, too, which seems both linked to layer placement as well as being just random.

I am using ZQuest v.2.50 Build 24. I know very little about scripts and just started using them recently, so I'm really lost on what I should do.

Please help me!

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 19 July 2021 - 05:41 AM

I have run into a very big problem while using Moosh's NPC script:

Some FFCs simply don't appear or disappear when Link acquires certain items. This is essential to my quest.

Are the items you're checking for equipment items? You can tell if they are or not by the checkbox in the item editor, also if you're able to cheat them in via Level 3 cheat. Counter based items aren't compatible with the script so if you're checking if Link has bombs for example, you'd have to give a permanent inventory item along with them as an event flag.

Sometimes I have problems with solidity, too, which seems both linked to layer placement as well as being just random.

Are you using autolayer or manual layering? The NPC solidity layer (either 1 or 2, 2 by default) needs to be enabled on every screen in order for the script to work. While autolayer isn't necessary for this, it certainly helps make things easier to set up. The script will overwrite combos on that layer to toggle solidity but only in places where NPCs occupy.

#3 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 19 July 2021 - 07:45 PM

MY HERO

I was using custom triforce items. Now I've implemented placeholders that have totally resolved the problem. I could have sworn it worked with the triforce items at some point, but I guess I'm just getting things confused.

I use autolayers sometimes, while doing it manually at other times SHSHSHSH but now at least I know what I should be doing when something goes wrong, so it's fine.

Thank you very much, Moosh! You were super helpful. Your script rocks, too. It's simple to use and very effective, it's allowing me to create a vast and living world, so thanks again!

#4 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 19 July 2021 - 11:02 PM

Glad I could help. I'll be looking forward to seeing how your quest makes use of the script. If you ever need it, there's also an addon script for handling branching dialogue:

https://www.purezc.n...=scripts&id=296

It's a bit more complex on the setup end, but adds some extra functionality the original script didn't have room for.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, Mooshs NPC Script

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users