Photo

Screenshot of the Week 341

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Sreenshot of the Week 341 (64 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:03 PM

Well everyone, I'm sure a lot of people are kind of surprised to see me posting a SotW thread. icon_lol.gif I've honestly taken waaaay too much time off from it. I said I would only need a couple months off, but it turned into at least a year. icon_frown.gif But anyways, here are this weeks shots! Put your votes in, and give some feedback! ENJOY!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Ovasity
IPB Image

blackbishop89
IPB Image
Link has been ambushed by Lizalfos, OH NO!

Koh
IPB Image
Gazing upon the waterfall, Link ponders what's for dinner, mah boi.

Yoshidude
IPB Image
Could Yoshidude be making a quest? No, probably not.

Jared
IPB Image
Who cares if I'm cheap? icon_deformed.gif

blue_knight
IPB Image
I wonder what's inside that chest?

Fireblast124
IPB Image
Blue is such a short tempered guy! QUICK! FIND A FIRE EXTINGUISHER!

Ventus
IPB Image
Someone took a wrong turn...

Well everyone, I sure hope you like this weeks screenshots! icon_biggrin.gif

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:08 PM

Voted for Yoshidude's beautiful PR screen. blue_knights custom tiles is the second best shot. I like Jared's and Koh's too. Looks cool how the waterfall goes darker. Though, the only new shots here, I haven't seen already are Fireblast and Ventus..
Oh and BB89, thats a great improvement of the first version of this shot.

#3 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:09 PM

I nulled this week

And hey I thought Had
For my caption??
Oh well...
Great shots all around guys

#4 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE(Ventus @ Oct 16 2011, 02:09 PM) View Post
I nulled this week

And hey I thought Had
For my caption??
Oh well...
Great shots all around guys
No, you had it as "Someone took a wrong." so that's what I posted. But I have gone ahead and fixed that for you. icon_smile.gif

#5 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:13 PM

@Angeal: Thanks! I guess i forgot to put Turn in there icon_lol.gif
Thanks again

#6 Rover

Rover

slam dunk

• Members

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:16 PM

Selhera Village Yoshidude's screen won my vote.

Edited by Rover, 16 October 2011 - 02:16 PM.

#7 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:17 PM

Disqualified from my Vote:
* Fireblast124
* Ventus

Ovasity (5/10) - I give you a 5/5 for creativity and a 0/5 for eligibility.

blackbishop89 (5/10) - Plain and simple. That's pretty much I can say about your screen.

Koh (8/10) - An excellent screen from the Evile Tileset. I love the sharpness of the waterfall. icon_smile.gif

Yoshidude (9/10) - THIS is what I like to see from people using Pure Remembrance. The structure is excellent, the detail is top-notch, and it's appealing overall. One small complaint is how the MC Octoroks style-clash with the rest of the screen, but still, you win my vote this week.

Jared (7.5/10) - Everything flows well except for the palette. It makes the screen overall look stale.

blue_knight (8/10) - Wow, you really enhanced those AoL graphics well. Like Koh's I really like how sharp it is compared to the rest. Runner-up for my vote.

#8 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:25 PM

Ovasity
It is a very nice title screen, but It would be better if you gave a overworld screen 6/10

blackbishop89
Very nice classic screen, alot better now that you changed up the river 7/10

Koh
It is a wonderful screen, but the trees look a bit weird 7.5/10

Jared
A very nice Dor screen, but the ground could use a little more detail 8/10

blue_knight
A excellent recolor of the AOL graphics, this won my vote 10/10

#9 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

Taking care of two shots before I continue:
QUOTE(The Satellite @ Oct 12 2011, 10:07 PM) View Post
Koh - I like the waterfall going down a mountain where you can't see the bottom. Nice touch. The palette seems kinda moody, and it's a pretty good shape too. The one issue I can see is the back of the mountain tiles; they seem to have too much black on the round edges.
QUOTE(The Satellite @ Oct 12 2011, 10:07 PM) View Post
Jared - Another very solid screen; I think what draws me to it are the ALttP mountains being used in it. icon_deformed.gif No but seriously, good design, good detail, good variation. Good use of shadows, it's almost picturesque in a way. Well done.
I will vote for neither, since these were already in S:CA. Might have if they were only submitted to SotW, but I personally don't find it fair to submit a shot to more than one contest. If anyone else does, that's fine; I personally don't, that's all I'm saying. Anyways.

Ovasity - Nice fake rating. Other than that, it's... a passable title screen. Except Melvin there doesn't stand out well enough; he kinda just looks like a multicolored blob against that background.

blackbishop89 - Eh, it's an okay Zero Quest shot. Nothing really stands out that much to me, except that random fire, though I assume maybe it's a campfire? Still though, it's a fine gameplay shot, but kinda average.

Yoshidude - Not bad. It feels like there's not much going on, but that's just in the middle. The edges and corners look really good, though I can't help but feel like something in the middle needs to be... expanded upon. Maybe one more tree or something in the right spot. In gameplay, however, it's perfect, so leave it alone. icon_smile.gif

blue_knight - Very nice. My vote went here. It's the classic Z2 style, with a bit of a facelift. Normally I don't go for these kinds of shots, but it's set up very nicely and appealing to the eye. Well done.

Ventus - Ponies aren't selling points. Neither is the TARDIS. Both have a pretty... flat perspective as well, and either stick out or sink in. It just doesn't look good, and the rest of the shot itself is just... bland. icon_unsettled.gif

#10 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

Voted for ventus because it made me laugh. icon_lol.gif

#11 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:49 PM

icon_smile.gif

And my vote goes to blackbishop89 icon_thumbsup.gif

But it is hard to chose a screen again!

#12 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:51 PM

Ovasity - C-
Title screens rarely impress me in SotW, and this one is no exception. This one works okay as a title screen, but it just doesn't stand up to most of the competitors.

blackbishop89 - B-
It's all right. Works for a classic overworld. The river has a bend to it, to at least help it not look completely fake, but doesn't go above and beyond in that regard. Looks like Link is in a tough spot here, which makes at least that aspect of the screen to be an interesting one. Tree arrangement is simple, but well placed.

Koh - A-
I like it a lot. Nice job. Details are just right, as nothing here is overdone.

Yoshidude - A-
Looks very good, and something I might expect from a screen of its type when wandering through an overworld. Details are very good for a very walkable screen.

Jared - A
Very impressive. For a screen with a simple concept, it looks very superb and very interesting, which is hard to pull off. My vote in a close one among several excellent screens.

blue_knight - A
I think I found my favorite screen that takes concepts from the Adventure of Link. But it doesn't just try to imitate it, but rather tries to reenvision it with other graphics, and in that way it does an excellent job. If I could vote for two screens, this one would be my second vote. Very impressive.

Fireblast124 - C-
Creative on the humor side, but that is it. The rest of the screen is nothing special.

Ventus - C+
Everything this screen has going for it is the custom graphics. But beyond that, there is nothing else all that impressive about it.

#13 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:55 PM

Voted for Ventus just for the Doctor Who reference.

#14 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:00 PM

I didn't like any of the shots so I voted for Ventus because it's fantastic in an ironic sense.

#15 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE(Yoshidude @ Oct 16 2011, 03:25 PM) View Post

Jared
A very nice Dor screen, but the ground could use a little more detail 8/10

No offense to you, but how the HELL can I add more detail?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users