• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#136 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 19 July 2021 - 09:55 AM

Not 3x2, but I think there's a good chance that what you want already exists in Subrosia? I see two useful candidates, I can try to rip them later.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#137 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 19 July 2021 - 11:37 AM

037_oosfurnace.png

The roof of the Great Furnace, a condensed version of the roof, and the furnace itself (which I think has eyes because of Subrosian aesthetic choices and not because a furnace needs eyes). The latter two use half-tiles on the edge. (Here's the source I used if you want to doublecheck how they were used in EDIT: A SLIGHTLY ALTERED VERSION OF the game.) None of them are LttP style, although I can make one if those don't help.

• Demonlink likes this

#138 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 19 July 2021 - 11:57 AM

Hmmmm... I'm thinking I'd like one similar to the ALttP furnace please. What I actually need is for the furnace to be open, to have lava/fire in the middle of it to melt metal and mold it. My idea is the following, the player collects ore and when you have enough of it, you can mold it into an item. I think 3x2 would look good because I want the furnace to be centered in the screen. 3x2 or 2x2 works fine as well. :D

#139 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 July 2021 - 01:34 PM

2x2 can be centered if you place the furnace as an FFC. In fact, it might be easier to handle as an FFC anyways if you're planning on having it animate under certain (scripted) conditions.

#140 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 19 July 2021 - 07:50 PM

038_furnace1.png

I...guess you can use this? But my heart's not in this one, this just doesn't feel very forge-like to me.

039_furnace2.png

I honestly think this or something like it (with pipes going out to the walls in both directions) makes more sense.

• Demonlink likes this

#141 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 19 July 2021 - 11:21 PM

unknown.png
I...guess you can use this? But my heart's not in this one, this just doesn't feel very forge-like to me.

unknown.png

I honestly think this or something like it (with pipes going out to the walls in both directions) makes more sense.

Hmmmm... I'll see if I can work with that. Hopefully I can, if not, I'll give you a shout. :D Thank you!

Btw, are the lava tiles final now?

#142 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 19 July 2021 - 11:27 PM

I think so, yeah. I might pick at the corners even more, but it feels like diminishing returns at this point. And the 3/4 way borders look good.

• Demonlink likes this

#143 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 July 2021 - 08:11 AM

This is more of a creative challenge, but have you thought about making more 2x2 frames for GB or perhaps subscreen elements in general? I've noticed people struggle with subscreen design with their GB quests, and admittedly the frames offered aren't the most appealing/cooperative with being stretched out. Probably not the most in depth or exciting request, but I could see some creative borders and subscreen elements being made from you. :)

• Jared likes this

#144 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 21 July 2021 - 09:32 AM

I don't think this is something I have a head for or have any particular interest in. If someone has something very specific they want from me, they can ask, but honestly searching Spriter's Resource sounds like way less trouble?

• Shane likes this

#145 Zeldaman23

Zeldaman23

Darkie & Dhane

• Members

Posted 21 July 2021 - 09:38 PM

I wonder if you can make lava ocean style.  I did look up in Tiles and I don't see lava ocean style at all.  Expect one act like water.   It kinda okay, but not that good.

#146 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 21 July 2021 - 09:41 PM

Eh...I'm probably not going to do this. It already exists, and the reason that it looks too watery is because lava isn't anything like an ocean.

#147 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 25 July 2021 - 01:16 AM

Hi, guys! I may be a spriter, but I am also a .:pragmatist:. If I can get cool sprites without drawing them then I'll still be happy, and when my interest is piqued I'm willing to go the extra mile to get them.

Please click here to witness what going the extra mile looks like.

#148 Zeldaman23

Zeldaman23

Darkie & Dhane

• Members

Posted 26 July 2021 - 02:54 PM

Eh...I'm probably not going to do this. It already exists, and the reason that it looks too watery is because lava isn't anything like an ocean.

Aw alright.

#149 YoursTruly

YoursTruly

Yours_Truly

• Members

Posted 01 August 2021 - 09:42 PM

here's an example of what I'm talking about

https://www.dreamsti...-image121975110

#150 YoursTruly

YoursTruly

Yours_Truly

• Members

Posted 03 August 2021 - 12:00 PM

I have another request, could you draw a bombpop popsicle sprite and dreamcatcher in the classic style. I'm thinking about using it for a quest. thx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users