• Members

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:34 AM

Here's a new good one: here

#2 Geezer

Geezer

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:55 PM

This quest was done in 192 b183. Can it be run in a later release such as the 184 player or 2.10?

#3 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE(schoochie662 @ Dec 21 2010, 06:34 AM) View Post
Here's a new good one: here

Please don't just link to random quest download pages. If you have something to say about this quest, say it. Otherwise I may to have to lock this thread.

QUOTE(Geezer @ Dec 21 2010, 07:55 PM) View Post
This quest was done in 192 b183. Can it be run in a later release such as the 184 player or 2.10?

Usually. Give it a try. There are a few potential bugs, but most beta 183 quests run fine in beta 184 and version 2.10. The 2.10 update is supposed to be the most stable. If you're concerned about game-stopping bugs, it's always a good idea to specifically ask the person who made the quest, I say.

#4 schoochie662

schoochie662

Wizard

• Members

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:09 AM

I've been using 2.10 through level 6 so far with no problems other than game difficulty.

By the way, Radien, there was nothing random about my post. I was calling the community's attention to a new game on another site, the other site didn't even have a help thread yet, and I said the game was "good." I think that's as informative as at least 25% of the usual posts on this site, and there's certainly a precedent for posts like this, for which I've seen no rebuke from the staff.

Edited by schoochie662, 23 December 2010 - 05:42 AM.

#5 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:56 AM

I posted the quest here too.Version 2.10 gets the sound bug i think.

I was looking for feedback about balancing the difficulty and if anything was hard i could put info houses.
I was also looking for suggestions for more things to add to the custom bosses.

#6 schoochie662

schoochie662

Wizard

• Members

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

Hi, tox-von - I enjoyed your game, but I finished playing it a week ago, and since my mind's like a sieve, I don't remember much feedback to give you. There were some times that I got stuck in walls, but I can't remember where now. One thing that puzzled me was that I never did have a final Ganon battle - couldn't find him.

#7 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:14 PM

I was planning to do a custom Gannon but never got around to it. It took me ages to do the Zol.

Edited by tox_von, 29 December 2010 - 07:15 PM.

#8 schoochie662

schoochie662

Wizard

• Members

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:04 PM

It's a huge quest, so no prob. Wish I had the skills to make something even close to it, and I hope you make another one! Still don't understand why more players haven't discovered it yet.

Edited by schoochie662, 06 January 2011 - 06:55 PM.

#9 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:35 PM

If Level One is any indication of what lays ahead, whoooheee babeeee! There is definitely a challenge factor and there is no easy "gimme" item; bring your thinking cap,too. Nice work tox_von!

#10 schoochie662

schoochie662

Wizard

• Members

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE(chiefbigcalf @ Jan 1 2011, 05:35 PM) View Post

If Level One is any indication of what lays ahead, whoooheee babeeee! There is definitely a challenge factor and there is no easy "gimme" item; bring your thinking cap,too. Nice work tox_von!

Glad you discovered it, chief!

Here you go, tox_von. Finally you have a competent player who also takes notes and probably will give you good feedback. Sorry I'm so lame in doing so.

#11 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:45 PM

I am almost done with level 2...but I need magic to use the wand. I would say this quest is moderately difficult, but DO NOT change a thing for the first two levels anyway....at this point in the game, I would heartily rate 5+ out of 5 ( your work is in a select group!!) Now, as for that magic?? icon_thumbsup.gif

#12 schoochie662

schoochie662

Wizard

• Members

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:05 AM

This jogs my memory - throughout there was very little magic available, and this is a key feedback point, tox_von. Sorry that I can't provide specifics to help you with this, chief, but exploration is key in this game.

#13 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:43 AM

ANSWER TO MAGIC:

I am so dumb; take time to read the story message at the beginning of the game; it tells how to acquire magic, plus other desirables icon_redface.gif

BUT...magic continues to be a problem; I only have the original "magic unit" and desperately need more units to continue at a few points in the game. Any help where these magic units can be found?? Is there some connection with the triforce pieces found in the overworld, as the fairy wanted one for the first unit. I was hoping that it was just a matter of going back to her and exchanging these pieces for magic cannisters, but, alas poor Yorrick, that is not the case. icon_unsettled.gif

There really should be more players jumping on this quest...it is truly awesome, challenging, and original ...what else do you want, it is probably here!!

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 02 January 2011 - 08:23 AM.

#14 schoochie662

schoochie662

Wizard

• Members

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

One unit is all the magic I could find, chief, and the triforces seem to serve the same purpose as bait on occasion. You can't give the fairy more than one piece either.

#15 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE(chiefbigcalf @ Jan 2 2011, 10:43 AM) View Post

ANSWER TO MAGIC:

I am so dumb; take time to read the story message at the beginning of the game; it tells how to acquire magic, plus other desirables icon_redface.gif

BUT...magic continues to be a problem; I only have the original "magic unit" and desperately need more units to continue at a few points in the game. Any help where these magic units can be found?? Is there some connection with the triforce pieces found in the overworld, as the fairy wanted one for the first unit. I was hoping that it was just a matter of going back to her and exchanging these pieces for magic cannisters, but, alas poor Yorrick, that is not the case. icon_unsettled.gif

There really should be more players jumping on this quest...it is truly awesome, challenging, and original ...what else do you want, it is probably here!!

You can get more magic unit's in Fairy land. The first fairy that gives you a magic unit behind her use your lantern on the 4 blue trees? You can get bomb upgrades there also. Be sure to take another triforce piece (bait) with you. You won't be able to get another magic unit without it.

Those small triforce pieces it is a shame you can't carry more then one at a time. If you get two you still only have one.

Edited by Artistic, 02 January 2011 - 02:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users