Photo

Screenshot: Challenge Accepted #91

Shoelace

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Who should win? (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote your favorite

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Shane

Shane

Average Quest Maker

• Members

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:38 AM

Requirements:

• Screen Type: Floating Islands or Underwater
  • On-screen Criteria:
    • Your screen must either take place in the sky or beneath the surface of water.
    • Must include a entrance to somewhere indoors (cave, house, temple, etc.)
    • And of course, you are allowed to use any tileset you wish.

Entries:

Eddy

H6kz4kc.png

In the underwater depths of the Endless Sea. (I swear it doesn't take 10 hours to get to this point)

Joelmacool
jQ4CdAB.png
Suddenly, Link and the octorok realise they were made for each other. 

Shoelace
VUqFmFJ.png
Hanging out... outside the temple.

xBijmSo.png
I used to make original subscreens for my screenshot submissions, but for now you got to deal with this.

Current Challenge:
  • Remake any screen seen in the first Legend of Zelda game, using that as a base.
  • Use any tileset except classic.
Our current place in the rotation is in red!
  • Screenshot Challenge
  • Rebirth Challenge
  • Screenshot Challenge (Special)
  • Rebirth Challenge
  • Screenshot Challenge
  • Rebirth Challenge (Special)
  • Screenshot Challenge
  • Rebirth Challenge
  • Wild Card Challenge
  • Custom Challenge

(I spent a good chunk of my time trying to get hidden tags to work, but they didn't want to, so yeah.)

• Joelmacool likes this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:28 AM

Nulled for this contest, but here we go anyways:

Joelmacool - Looks like a nice shot, really like the perspective here and everything looks really cool.

Shoelace - Really nice job with this screen. I love the whole overworld-dungeon mashup and this tileset looks so cool.

Avataro - I see you had a similar idea to my shot, with the same tileset too :P Nice job with this one, though I'm not so sure about overworld ground tiles being used for underwater, that seems kinda odd.

• MermaidCim likes this

#3 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 11 March 2016 - 12:03 PM

Voted for Eddy, I like the colors a lot, only amy does not fit in.

Can't wait to try these jumping (?) Flowers out, shoelace. The perspective seems messed up though, I always fight with the walls being the only things not seen from the front myself.

Avataro and Joelmacool look flawless but boring at the same time. Always nice to see crazy tracy though.
  • Eddy likes this

#4 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 11 March 2016 - 12:06 PM

Voted for Eddy, I like the colors a lot, only amy does not fit in.

Nah, I dunno. I think she fits in just fine. Should've seen her before I got these sprites, now those were unfitting :P

Thanks for the vote btw

#5 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:27 PM

So this is essentially the Bioshock Promotional challenge? :P

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 11 March 2016 - 05:28 PM.

• Russ likes this

#6 Shoshon the Elegant

Shoshon the Elegant

White Tiger King!

• Database Staff

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:20 AM

Eddy: I really like yours cause it feels like something I'd actually see in an Oracle game. And those are two of my favorite games in the series. It also feels underwater so it matches the theme. Pretty lively too.

Joel: Another solid screen that I could see in a Zelda game. It's fairly likely and I like the caption.

Shoelace: Another solid shot, but unlike the others, I feel it just goes a little extra with the decoration, so well done.

Avataro: Still see this as a screen that could be in a game, but also not the first one I would use as a screenshot? I feel that alone it doesn't feel enough "underwater".

Still everyone has solid entries. Well done.
  • Eddy likes this

#7 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:05 PM

This is a really great collection of screens! :D

I love what you've created Eddy, an underwater area to explore that feels full of life and terrain. For some reason the Cheep-Cheeps look a lot more appealing in a top-down view. Maybe it's just the angle of my screen, but I feel it's a little too dark and a little too saturated, making it slightly hard to see what's going on.

Joelmacool, everything looks great. Voted here. The widened tree with the dual highlights looks a bit odd, but I'm sure that's a tileset issue, not a screen design issue. Also, the patch of grass between the trees under the bridge looks like a bird- not important, but I can't unsee it now. As for the octo fetish... uh...

Shoelace: I'm not really feeling that MC style wall along the south edge of the screen. It's a perspective that you would only find indoors in an outdoor shot. The trees right next to the wall really make the two battling perspectives obvious. Nice colors though.

Avataro: I find this shot visually stunning, the palette is beautiful and the textures feel great. My only complaint is that the right edge of the screen is kind of boring. Just adding one thing could make that a non-issue.

• Eddy and Joelmacool like this

#8 Eddy

Eddy

"The Hylian Champion"

• Database Staff

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:41 AM

I love what you've created Eddy, an underwater area to explore that feels full of life and terrain. For some reason the Cheep-Cheeps look a lot more appealing in a top-down view. Maybe it's just the angle of my screen, but I feel it's a little too dark and a little too saturated, making it slightly hard to see what's going on.

Thanks! And that's interesting because the screen doesn't look that dark to me, I can easily see what's going on. I guess that's Oracle of Ages' past underwater palette for you :P

• Cukeman likes this

#9 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 13 March 2016 - 11:36 AM

Null Voted

This time around I really like Eddy's, it really makes it seem like you are under water, it just looks really cool. :)

My shot, was pulled from in-game, so throughout the level, you go in and out of the temple, so the perceptive will be off.  Nothing I can really do unless I changed the perceptive of my entire game.  But oh well.  lol.  But yes, those flowers are a lot of fun. :D

• Eddy likes this

#10 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:47 PM

All of the screenshots are great, hard to decide! ^^

In the end, Avataro got my vote, because of the simple, but great screen-design. :)

#11 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:59 PM

all good screenshots, but my vote go to Joel

the idea of ​​crossing that bridge let me understand the danger of being in such high place

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 13 March 2016 - 01:59 PM.

• Cukeman and Joelmacool like this

#12 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:16 AM

Nulled for this contest, but here we go anyways:

Joelmacool - Looks like a nice shot, really like the perspective here and everything looks really cool.

Shoelace - Really nice job with this screen. I love the whole overworld-dungeon mashup and this tileset looks so cool.

Avataro - I see you had a similar idea to my shot, with the same tileset too :P Nice job with this one, though I'm not so sure about overworld ground tiles being used for underwater, that seems kinda odd.

We seem to have the same wavelength.

This was close between Eddy, Joel and Shoelace. I pretty much had to look very closely. In the end, I went with the one that really screams, 'Play me first'.

Eddy.

• Eddy likes this

#13 Shane

Shane

Average Quest Maker

• Members

Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:15 AM

Shoelace wins with 41.38% of the vote. Congratulations!

VUqFmFJ.png

Final Results:
  • Eddy (6 votes [20.69%])
  • Joelmacool (9 votes [31.03%])
  • Shoelace (12 votes [41.38%])

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shoelace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users