Overworld 'Blocking' Draft

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

This is a blocked out, color coded map of the overworld for the quest. I know this in itself isn't a lot to look at, but I'm trying to show off the type of map flow I'm going for here.
Posted Image
I've taken inspiration mostly from AlttP, and Minish Cap in terms of layout, but I want to have a lot of different areas, but not make it too huge. This is a 12x12 overworld map. I think 16x16 would be to big for me to finish, and 8x8 was too small. This is a happy medium. This might look confusing, but the grey area in the center is the town, and the varying green areas around are fields, and rivers (darkest green). The yellow area down south is where you'll start, and you'll have a forest (cause those are mandatory), a mountain area, and romp through all the typical Zelda norms, but there's some other stuff here I'm not spoiling ;)

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

I have began working on the overworld in accordance with a sketch I drew based off of this blocking. It is a bit rough right now, and most of it only features the core geography, but I'm liking how it is turning out. There are a few graphical things I'm not quite sure about, such as keeping the FF3 water, or switching it with a NESified MC water set, and the mountain tiles need a bit of polishing. Palettes are also all still WIP, and don't reflect the final color choices. Now here's an actual map of what if drawn out so far. I'm also throwing in some random caves for fun.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users