New subscreen!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

Note: I want feedback on this! Please tell me what you think!

Watch the video. It pretty much sums the whole thing up. For those of you wondering how easy to use the subscreen is, here's your answer.

For those too lazy to go look at the video, here's the subscreen, minus one armor set that I have now added.
Posted Image

Features
  • The 10 equippable items are arranged in circles in the middle. These will be equipped like a normal subscreen.
  • The name box near the bottom-right works for items and armors.
  • The level box near the top-right lets you select your different stats (same as selecting items) and level them up.
  • The armor box on the left lets you equip the game's different armor/weapon sets, and again you can select them just like equippable items.
  • Finally, the skill box (grey) on the bottom right shows extra info related to the selected item. For the magic elements, it lists the spells you have available for that element. For armors, it shows you the skills you can perform with that armor's weapon. For stats, it shows you how much EXP you need to level up that stat.

#2 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

Wow, that's amazing! I love the idea of it. Is the entire thing scripted? I noticed that there are sounds when you click and unclick start, and the subscreen is still at the top. And other things. :)

#3 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

Yes, it is scripted. Any thoughts on the design?

#4 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

This will be an epic quest! Would be cool if you do press right to move the cursor clockwise, left to move the cursor counter-clockwise and up/down for changing the ring / boxes ;D
Also, the EXP system is amazing.

#5 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

Hey, that selection direction would actually be a cool idea! It would probably make it easier to navigate once you're used to it, but I'm afraid it might be unintuitive. What do you think (this question aimed at everyone)?

#6 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

I think the subscreen is awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users