Photo

An Item Fantasy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Poll: An Item Fantasy (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Rating?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 klop422

klop422

Evil Crazy Mastermind

• Members

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:44 PM

For the Third time! Yay!

Anyway, for the people who didn't see this before, here it is:

AN ITEM FANTASY, or

YNA EMIT NATAF S

Actually, the second one's a joke. Call it that if you want, though. I can't stop you... :shrug:

Staff:

Me (klop422): The Creator

Rocks4Free, GrantGreif, and Arceus: Beta Testers

My brother: some ideas, and also helping with the custom .nsf, available here: http://www.purezc.ne...ge=music&id=501 (Free advertising!)

Story:

Spoiler

Dungeons:
Spoiler

Now, go and download it. Please. Here's the project page: http://www.purezc.ne...=projects&id=51 It's ReDemo 1

#2 Einsiety

Einsiety

~ Blaze Fielding ~

• Forum Moderators

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:04 PM

Question, is anything different from the previous demo?

#3 xanadude

xanadude

heh

• Members

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:34 PM

I gave it a zeo, the quest was very glitchy and I couldn't progress properly without breaking the game. Basically unplayable for me.

Edited by xanadude, 23 March 2018 - 11:02 PM.

#4 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:06 AM

So, I played this a bit and I think there are some good ideas, but the demo really doesn't let them breathe. I'm going to kind of bullet point everything, since it'll be easier.

• One of the main issues is that the dungeons are bigger than they need to be. You could accomplish plenty with smaller dungeons but more use of the mechanics of the dungeon.
  • The way the block pushing puzzles work is actually pretty good, but I would recommend adding some complexity to them.
  • The palette of the first dungeon needs to change. Text is completely unreadable.
  • The dungeons should probably have more elements themed around their item than just the shape.
  • The overworld is pretty bland. Some of that is because of a lack of enemies, but some more variety to the areas could be useful.
  • Boulders in level 2 are pretty unfair in a couple of spots, since they're 100% RNG based.
  • I'm sure it's just a side effect of the demo, but there is a pit under some grass in the overworld that basically shatters everything. Not even sure what's going on.

Those are just kind of a summary of my thoughts, but the quest was kind of disjointed, so I guess my thoughts are as well. There's some ideas that work here, they just need refinement. However, as a demo, I'll have to rate this a 2/5, mainly because of the buggy overworld. Good luck!

#5 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:07 AM

I made a video review of the quest, if you're interested.

http://youtu.be/WdaYcWto2IY

#6 klop422

klop422

Evil Crazy Mastermind

• Members

Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:26 AM

Yeah, I haven't made many changes for ages, 'cos I haven't been working on it much. I'm doing more academic workin my spare time (writing, composition, etc.), so I'm not all that motivated. When I get my motivation back, I'll be fixing up a whole load of stuff.

EDIT: Oh, and I'll watch the videos when I have time, by the way.

Edited by klop422, 08 November 2014 - 08:26 AM.

#7 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:46 PM

You should try and go for a record of making the most expo submissions of a single quest.

3 in a role is not enough, I'd try to aim for at least 6 or 7 expos in a role. :)

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 08 November 2014 - 12:46 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users