• Please log in to reply
1310 replies to this topic

#16 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE(ms_zelda_lady @ Nov 15 2008, 04:29 PM) View Post

I'm on the 2nd floor of the Source level and I'm stuck in 2 places. I can't figure out how to get the right door to open so I tackle what you called the tricky area on the bottom part of the map. I've tried all different things and I'm now down to 3 bombs and I don't want to waste them in case I really need them to finish up the floor later. I even tried to come from the right side of it but I can't get to the tile that makes the blocks go down
The other place I'm stuck in is the room where I use the hookshot to go all around the room but I really need to make a bridge appear to go up thru the key door. I was thinking that clue from the man in the Windmill who kept saying go around but all I've gotten is dizzy from going around.
I tried to hit what possibly looks like a metal thingy but that didn't work either.
Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_lady

For the tricky area, know that the bomb needs to be placed just before the shutter, not on it. The purple conveyor belt can be burned. The blocks are needed to be bombed. But it's just an alternate route from the main stairs to the eastmost part, all you can get is a meat (3 heart refill) there now.
As for the gap room, you really need to hookshot the grate on the middle. Try it from many sides, I don't remember having problem with it. I just checked in ZQuest, it should work.
Also, the windmill guy's hint refers to a completely different area. icon_wink.gif

#17 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:41 PM

Made it to Steaming Systems. Got one key, but I can't figure out where to use it. And then there's that one chest that really doesn't want me opening it. icon_sweat.gif

#18 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:50 PM

That chest was a funny idea, wasn't it? icon_smile.gif
So, great that you are already there. The top row has the locked doors. So if you keep going north, you surely find a keyhole or two, especially at the northeast. Keep in mind that this is a bomb-consuming dungeon. Also, if you don't see crack on the wall in a room, look at an adjacent room that has crack... memorize its place, go back to the crackless room and bomb where the crack was in the other room. Also don't forget switching on/off machines with boomerang, hookshot or just by stepping near a switch.

#19 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:19 PM

...Can't find any cracked walls...but I did find one more key and one locked door, but that just let me boomerang a propeller in the basement...

#20 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:24 PM

Thanks for the help. I'lll be going there later to hopefully finish the dungeon.

#21 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE(Zenith @ Nov 15 2008, 07:19 PM) View Post

...Can't find any cracked walls...but I did find one more key and one locked door, but that just let me boomerang a propeller in the basement...

It just let you do it? That's the key! What you call "basement" is the lava floor. The nortest row of the entry floor has the stairs leading down to the lava floor, and each of them lets you activate a secret that removes a blockade so that when you go down by the westmost stairs, you can simply go all the way to the wast (on lava floor) and explore the lava floor. Maybe you didn't know that:
1. The valve (propeller) on the second screen can be boomeranged to open the nearby shutter.
2. The huge limestone block can be molten even by your L1 lantern.
3. Most northwest and southeast shutters can be bombed.
When you see a long south/north corridor with skelettons and go all the way north, keep in mind that there's all rooms have bombable walls.
If you get the compass at the west, you can see how many keys are on the floor. This many locked door there are, plus the boss lock. (You can burn some small blocks, too!)

#22 Zorlaf

Zorlaf

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:21 PM

Where is 2nd dungeon?

BTW nice Game icon_thumbsup.gif

#23 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:26 PM

Thank you, Zorlaf. icon_smile.gif
So, the 2nd dungeon is at the southwest part of Mt.Death. First go to the mostnorthwest point of Hyrule Field, hookshot to the hookshot tree in the gap, enter the caves... on Mt.Death, there's Goron City's entrance to the south. That's an easy source for super bombs. You need to blow up the chunky hill at the southwest. To reach the 2nd dungeon, you never need to go more east than where Goron City is, and you never need to go more north than where the grassy snake area is.

#24 Zorlaf

Zorlaf

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:51 PM

But how to enter three doors in the beggining of Mt.Death Caves?

Edited by Zorlaf, 15 November 2008 - 02:52 PM.

#25 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:26 PM

Death Mountain is awesome CastChaos. I've been exploring and found Goron City and managed to get a few lovely things. In a room on the east side I can see the blue money bag but when I go into that room it's gone. I've tried a few things in that room and looked for a secret passage from the other room but nothing is working. I really want that moneybag so I can get that red suit I saw earlier. I've never come across a shield yet so that red suit would really be of help. I did take a raft ride earlier and got a clue about moneybag but in looking around that area I didn't come across it.

#26 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:38 PM

Zorlaf:
You need to have the Sapphire of Zoras. Beating the first dungeon isn't enough, you need to go back to the Zora King and he gives it to you now. icon_smile.gif

ms_zelda_lady:
Thank you for compliment. icon_smile.gif About that moneybag, it's in fact a deku nut bag and you can't get it, it's just a joke. And of course you will get the blue suit first and the red one only much later.
Also... you mention a raft ride and a clue about a moneybag... I absolutely can't remember such thing, where you saw it? The first moneybag that you will get isn't even crafted yet! You either misunderstood or after I made that hint, I changed plans, making the hint bogus... In fact, I don't even remember any conversations that take place right after raft paths... O_O

#27 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:25 PM

Figured out how to get to the east side of the dungeon. Didn't get what I had to do with the big block. Gonna recommend you make it look like the "limestone" ones.

Can't figure out how to get to the dungeon item. I'm guessing it's in the room on the map with the different colors, like it was in Source of the Flow. Tried every item I got on the shutter door south of it, and it wouldn't open.

#28 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE(Zenith @ Nov 15 2008, 10:25 PM) View Post

Figured out how to get to the east side of the dungeon. Didn't get what I had to do with the big block. Gonna recommend you make it look like the "limestone" ones.

Can't figure out how to get to the dungeon item. I'm guessing it's in the room on the map with the different colors, like it was in Source of the Flow. Tried every item I got on the shutter door south of it, and it wouldn't open.

No, no, colourful room on the map doesn't only mean item, it can mean one timed event, too. Exactly like in this case. The dungeon item isn't mapped this time, for reasons you will see later. You need to go through the whole floor to get the dungeon item and then use that item on the shutter. So, now go all the way to east (where the waterfall is), then directly south is a key, there's another key more south, but you need to go around to get it (skip the first south passage though). Then another key is found by going all the way west through traps, goriyas and hookshooting places then a bit south and killing all the keese there. This way you can unlock the locks at south, then progress on the last bit of the lava floor. When you are in an enclosed room with lava, try walking over it at many points til you find the correct one.

#29 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:41 PM

Nice touch CastChaos......LOL If I remember correctly I rode the raft to the left side of Hyrule, north of the village. I got a magic container and I burnt a chicken which led me to a house that gave a clue about being smart enough to find a moneybag. No Big deal I probably misunderstood.
How do I get the heart piecethat in the left side of Goron City? I can't move the blocks and I can't figure out what to do.
BTW I'm still looking for the 2nd dungeon. I bombed a big square blob with a red bomb to go more southwest. I got to an area with a large V carved in the hill. Is this the right place? I had to backtrack to get more bombs but I wanted to make sure I was in the right place. BTW is there somewhere I can get a shield? I could really use one.

Edited by ms_zelda_lady, 15 November 2008 - 04:42 PM.

#30 Accr89

Accr89

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:52 PM

I must say that your game has a very Dramatic opening!!! icon_smile.gif

Anyways I made it to the 1st level on the second floor and I can't seem to figure out how to get to the room pat three door keys. I already found the hookshot, but I can't make the first key door. I tried going the tricky way and figured out the bomb trigger and lattern trigger, but then it just sends me back to the other side of the map. Any suggestions CastChoas???

Otherwise, really great game, haven't seen one this good in awhile, nice job!! icon_thumbsup.gif

Edited by Accr89, 15 November 2008 - 04:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users