VD "Shovel_Diggy" Script

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Aefre

Aefre

artist guy

• Members

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:31 AM

So in Vintage Dreams, (Have you heard of it?) I wanted to make the shovel a progression item because I saw the "Shovel_Diggy" script, which I assumed meant that when you dug that spot and Item would spawn. When messing with the arguments for the FFC a bit I looked into the codebase folder to look for instructions, to no avail.

So does anyone know said arguments? or if I'm dumb and thats not even what the script does?

Edited by Aefre, 09 January 2019 - 09:34 AM.

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:38 AM

That script has no arguments, but uh yeah. I'm not sure what it does.

Either way flag 99 in the tileset should be for shovel secrets, although I dunno what that means.

#3 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:36 AM

I am using this script in my quest.

There are no arguments. Flag 99 is the flag that tells ZC that the tile is a dig-able spot.

These dig-able spots do spawn random items.

I have been able to work the secrets and flags to get it to dig up a chest if I want to tho.

It 's the only way that I have found to have it give you a specific item.

#4 blanky

blanky

• Members

Posted 04 October 2019 - 07:21 AM

My guess was that Shovel_Diggy might be a blank template for what's described at the bottom of the shovel script. IE. A user-made FFC with a different drop set for only one item. But that's just a guess as it didn't look to me like FFC 14 was fully implemented.

EDIT. For clarification flag 99 does NOT list a diggable spot. Any ground with a script 2 type spawns random items. Flag 99 is for activating secrets, so that you can "dig up" staircases and other combos.

Disclaimer: The part about shovel_diggy is conjecture. I could be way off base if I read it wrong.

Edited by blanky, 04 October 2019 - 07:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users