Photo

Discord Server

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:40 PM

PureZC now has an official Discord Server.

Join link: https://discord.gg/e7Vg5C8

Read the text in the #welcome text channel if you join. It has our rules and various announcements.

Discord is a text and voice chatting service that's been making circles on Twitch and a lot of gaming oriented communities in general. You can use it from most modern web browsers without having to install a desktop application. The text chatting is pretty robust and the voice channels are their own thing that's also pretty nice.

For people that want it, there is a desktop application you can download with a few extra features like game detection, hotkeys, and better notifications. But overall, the web version and the desktop application have the exact same interface. There are also mobile apps if you want to check up on Discord on the go.

One of the things we're intending to do with the server is gather PureZC members for some online gaming (tournaments and multiplayer stuff in general), video game races similar to what we did back in 2014, movie watching, and other events that may or may not be spontaneous. We'll probably be announcing the more organized stuff every so often either in this thread or in the forum in general (whichever seems more appropriate).

We'll also be happy to have people that just want to hang out in general. Hanging out and having fun is actually the primary purpose of the server. ;)

If you have any questions about Discord, suggestions for the server, comments in general about the server, or want to announce something you're planning that'll involve the server, feel free to mention it on the server or post about it here. :)

• Rambly, The Satellite, Shane and 2 others like this

#2 FireSeraphim

FireSeraphim

Behold the might of legend!

• Members

Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:02 PM

My apologies if this really isn't fitting for the topic but

I think it's counter-intuitive for there to be two discord servers for purezc and for the official one to not have a #meta and #streaming channel, I also think this server needs a #quest-project channel for those who want to discuss WIP quests and show off what they're working on and a #quest-discussion channel for discussing completed quests and for those seeking a little help on puzzling and challenging quests they're playing.

I really would prefer to only have one purezc discord server to go to rather than having to have two of 'em. since having two servers is rather unwieldy.

I have five other servers I'm on and it's annoying trying to pin down who's pinging me.

basically quoting myself from the discord server and to be honestly I think my suggestion is a good one.
Why not merge and consolidate both discord servers?

Edited by FireSeraphim, 19 August 2016 - 11:13 PM.

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:56 PM

Hey FireSeraphim, glad to see you're taking interest in the discord servers, they're really fun to take part in. :) As for your requests, I believe it was mentioned publicly that #meta (in the unofficial server) and #welcome (in the official server) basically serve the same purpose. The #streaming channel in the unofficial server was due to Lunaria's Hitbox chat glitching up and wasn't actually made to advertise streams and such since every streamer links their streams in the general channels anyways. It's also worth noting the official server has #groupactivities which could function like a streaming channel if needed.

In addition, if we look at the IRC server, most ZC-related discussions are in the main channel so I think the general channel will suffice as means of discussing ZC and quest development.

If the official server gains more popularity, perhaps the possibility of more channels will be taken further into consideration. I can't speak for Lunaria's server however. It also might seem redundant to have two discord servers focusing on the same subject but I believe they have enough differences for both to stay, the biggest being one's unofficial and the other is official and not all users are in both. That, and both are still equally active. I hope you can understand this reasoning.

#4 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:35 PM

News Update: As of the most recent update as I type this, Discord now allows server-specific custom emojis! Right now, there's a limit of 50 per server, and we presently just have... five. All added mostly on a whim from staff, the majority of them based on PureZC memes.

So the reason I'm posting here is: We're looking for your suggestions! I highly doubt we're going to fill up all 50 allowed emoji slots, but we could definitely use a few more to give the Discord a little bit of a unique flavor.

There's just a few things to keep in mind:

- We can't replace default Discord emojis with PureZC ones via this method, unfortunately.

- Nor can we use animated emojis.

- The emojis should look decent within a square grid; they'll appear at 30x30 pixels without accompanying text and 22x22 with.

- All emoji text will be enclosed within colons, as are many of PureZC's and indeed default emojis. Emoji text can only include alphanumerical characters (A-Z/0-9) and underscores.

- Please make sure your suggestions are relevant to PureZC, or, at the very least, the Zelda series. We're not going to add random emotes that have nothing to do with either thing.

So if you guys have any suggestions for emotes that might be great for the Discord, throw them at us! :)

• Shane, Eddy, Jenny and 1 other like this

#5 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:12 AM

http://www.zeldadung...tus-BS-TLoZ.png

:Dimentio:

#6 FireSeraphim

FireSeraphim

Behold the might of legend!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:40 AM

I don't have the sprite for this unfortunately but I would like to propose the sprite of ALTTP Link holding an Item over his head as a emoji candidate (both the one and two handed variants).

Edited by FireSeraphim, 29 September 2016 - 05:41 AM.

#7 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:08 AM

One of the things we're intending to do with the server is gather PureZC members for some online gaming (tournaments and multiplayer stuff in general), video game races similar to what we did back in 2014, movie watching, and other events that may or may not be spontaneous. We'll probably be announcing the more organized stuff every so often either in this thread or in the forum in general (whichever seems more appropriate).

Was this ever a thing since it was mentioned here? :P

#8 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:18 PM

Unfortunately, no, and I had been considering even before your post whether or not we need to retain the #groupactivities channel. Seeing as it hasn't been used since its debut, and there haven't been any real efforts by the community to take advantage of it, we've decided to remove the channel for now.

#9 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:29 AM

So with the new Zelda almost out, how about a temporary channel exclusively for Breath of the Wild talk/spoilers? :)

• Shane likes this

#10 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:53 PM

Definitely willing to do that! Would people prefer if it was a main channel that users who don't want to participate in would just mute it, or would you rather there be a separate role we can apply to users who want to view the channel?

EDIT: Attached a poll. We'll let this run for a few days.

#11 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:20 PM

another server I'm on does the option A thing. Just mute it. Outta sight, outta mind. Just stick it below the General channel.

Edited by Eppy, 27 February 2017 - 04:21 PM.

#12 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:55 PM

Well it's looking like the former option is the most popular, but I'll leave this up about another day and see if anything sways. If not, we'll get to making that channel! Also open to more suggestions about the channel itself.

#13 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:36 PM

Well, it looks like we have a way to do both! Since the "mute" option won out, that will be the primary method, but thanks to Nick, we now have a bot that can manage your permissions and even remove you from even seeing the channel. That's accomplished by typing "?rank nobotwspoilers" in the chat window, and that message will also return your access if you wish to look in it later.

But the channel's up! The rules are written within, but copied here too:

Welcome to PureZC's official The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild general discussion channel! Here you may share chatter about your experiences with the game as you play through it, or, if you so desire, chat with others who are playing it even if you don't own the game! This channel was made to keep potential spoiler talk from the main #general room, but do be aware that there may be some spoilers within. While this is somewhat inevitable, we do want to set a couple of ground rules here:

1. No major story spoilers. While other aspects of the game might be minor spoilers, we would still like for you to allow others to experience the story for themselves.
2. Don't explain how to achieve a goal to the rest of the channel unless asked and the other active participants do not mind.
3. As always, respect others' wishes. If you are active in this channel, you must expect there to be some degree of spoilers, but on the other token, try not to be too spoiler-heavy yourself! There must be some sort of healthy balance.

All that aside, happy chatting, and enjoy the game!

NOTE: If you do not wish to follow this room, you can either mute the channel or use DynoBot to remove your access from it entirely. To mute the channel:

- Desktop/browser: It's as simple as clicking the bell icon above the chat window! Alternatively, you can right-click the channel name and check "mute #breathofthewild."
- Mobile: While viewing this channel, tap the three vertical dots at the top right, then "Channel Settings," and toggle the "Mute Channel" setting. Note that this is for Android; I'm not certain if iOS is muted the same way.

To revoke your own access to it, simply type "?rank nobotwspoilers" in any chat window. You can regain access by typing the same.

Enjoy! Or enjoy staying spoiler-free. Either way!

#14 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:23 PM

So the Discord server passed the 100 member mark recently (this includes both online users and offline users). I know that's not a big deal compared to many of the larger Discord servers that easily have hundreds of people online at once and I know it's not anywhere near as active as those servers, but it's still pretty great to see so many people interested in stopping by for a bit! :)

Edited by Nick, 24 March 2017 - 03:52 PM.

• The Satellite, Eppy, Shane and 2 others like this

#15 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:33 PM

There's now a separate #zeldaclassic channel on the server! This was both an older and recent request, and since the Discord has become quite active lately, we've decided to implement it. Note that we're not necessarily going to enforce that all ZC discussion stays in this channel, consider it more of a secondary discussion channel. Or primary ZC discussion channel. Your choice! As another example, if you want to talk about what you're working on but there's a preexisting conversation in #general, you can post it in #zeldaclassic instead!

Again, we're not really going to enforce what discussion goes where, it's more of a convenience. Let the community decide!

*they decide to lynch me*

WAIT NO I TAKE IT BAC—

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users