Photo

Screenshot of the Week 194

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 194 (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite screenshot of this week!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:46 PM

Billy - your screen looks wonderful. I don't know if it's quite as detailed or well-designed as CC's or Evile's, but you get my vote for being our "Most improved."

CastChaos - Looks like a good screen, and very well detailed. But the bottom house kind of looks weird.

Evile - looks great. Nice palette and design.

TacoChopper - kind of plain, but good nontheless.

The(s) - Custom Tileset? Well, it's okay, but the tiles look kind of weird.

#17 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:56 PM

CastChaos gets my vote!

#18 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Jan 21 2008, 06:58 AM) View Post

Heh? What? I don't see where you see through the roof... You mean the transparent NPCs on the roof?

That must be it. Because the staffol, deku, and zol are slightly blurred, it gives me the impression that I am seeing through something rather than simply seeing something. But if they are blurred on purpose, then I suppose the ambiguity is all part of the reaction.

#19 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:42 PM

CastChaos, what might help, if that is transparent water like you say, make a bit of a blur below the Zora's head. I think that would make people realize it was water a bit better.

(At first, I thought it was a Zora Mask icon_heh.gif)

#20 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:53 PM

Billy: Well, it's great to see you making strides and improving so much, this screen still has problems, but overall it is your best BY far. 7/10

CC: Ok, town shot. I say ok cause I had some problems processing it. Like the transparent water on the left, I thought it was a cement walkway until Shoelace told me it was water, also some of the detailing seems really outta place. And I hate the MC houses with a passion, and mixing them with aLttP houses just looks wrong to me. 7/10

Evile: Well, your LoT style strikes again. icon_razz.gif
Great palettes and AMAZING screen design. This is one of my favorites from you. 9/10 *vote*

Taco Chopper: There are a few problems with this screen I saw right away. The biggest is that the house is completely blocking the ladder. With those house tile's perspective there is two combos of solidness. The ones where you can see the front walls with the doors and stuff, and the combos directly above it. So, the house placement just makes the ladder completely useless. Also, the bottom row of combos and the left column of combos is very bland with no variety. 6/10

The (s): For a custom tileset this is really cool looking, my vote almost went here for originality but Evile's beat you out. Keep making stuff like this though, I'm liking it a lot, it looks easy to be able to just pick up and play. 8/10

EDIT: 700 posts. icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Plissken, 21 January 2008 - 02:54 PM.

#21 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Wizard

• Members

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:05 PM

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! The first of the seven signs of the PureZC apocolypse. Billy Ronald has the best SotW shot!

#22 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:08 PM

Voted for Evile. The dark greens are a bit too dark to my eyes, but besides that, the palette and especially the screen design are good.

billy ronald's was good, but it felt like it was trying to do too much in a single shot. ChastChaos' was a bit cluttered, and Taco Chopper's and The (s)'s weren't graphically as impressive as the others, but still creative.

#23 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE(fuzzyman @ Jan 21 2008, 04:05 PM) View Post

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! The first of the seven signs of the PureZC apocolypse. Billy Ronald has the best SotW shot!

That's somewhat mean, yet somewhat funny at the same time.

CastChaos: That transparent water needs some work. The zora looks like a decapitated zora head that was thrown on the street.

#24 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE(russadwan @ Jan 21 2008, 08:05 PM) View Post

CastChaos: That transparent water needs some work. The zora looks like a decapitated zora head that was thrown on the street.
I... didn't even know it was water. @_@

#25 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:00 PM

I can see where the depth is in the water, but the problem is that the bottom of the transparent water seems to "overlap" the part that shows depth.

#26 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:09 PM

Nulled.

Billy - You've made a lot of improvement. This is actually a great pure screen. Keep it up, man!
CC - A little bit too much going on but I likes.
Evile - Good shot overall, but nothing that you haven't shown us before.
Taco Chopper - Too many strait mountains, and not enough ground detail.
The (s) - A tad awkward, but it has a nice feel to it.

#27 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jan 21 2008, 06:37 PM) View Post

I... didn't even know it was water. @_@

I didn't untill CastChaos said it was. CC, try adding tome ripples in the water, or something of like that, to make it easier to see that it's water.

#28 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:20 AM

I know that shot isn't my best work, I might have a new shot in the comp some time soon if I can get back into ZC. haven't touched it in days. icon_sweat.gif

#29 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:21 AM

I thought it was water till I saw the head actually. The body, I think, needs to be seen. Otherwise it look strange.

#30 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE(russadwan @ Jan 22 2008, 04:48 AM) View Post

I didn't untill CastChaos said it was. CC, try adding tome ripples in the water, or something of like that, to make it easier to see that it's water.

It's full of ripples, I can assure you. However, it's your time for realizing that the screen is nonanimated. And this is SHALLOW transparent water, so I can't put big ripples there. Oh sorry... I can... but I won't.

Also, to those whos say there's too many things in my screen: I bet if it had a few things less you were whining because of no detail. Like when you did when it really had a few things less.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users