looking for upside-down 1st quest

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lasersquirrel

lasersquirrel

Sparkly Glimpse of Hope

• Members

Posted 01 October 2020 - 10:10 PM

I'm looking for a quest I remember seeing/reading about - it's just the first quest, but the visuals are changed so that the overworld looks like dungeons, and the dungeons look like overworld. I spent a couple of hours last night looking through the quest database here, and the one at zeldaclassic.com, and I couldn't find it. Does anyone know the name of this quest, or where I can find it?

• Magi_Hero and Lightwulf like this

#2 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 02 October 2020 - 05:01 AM

There was a quest with that concept called Flip First by Neppy, but it was never finished. You can check the project page for it though - there's a few screenshots for reference so you can see if it's what you were thinking of.

That same idea was also recently revisited for PZC's 2020 summer quest contest. Check out Shoshon's entry of the same name. It was done in a different tileset, but it's basically the same thing.

• lasersquirrel and Lightwulf like this

#3 lasersquirrel

lasersquirrel

Sparkly Glimpse of Hope

• Members

Posted 02 October 2020 - 10:44 AM

That one by Neppy might well be it. It's about the right age, since I haven't been here in 15 years or so, and it's using a modified version of the Zelda 1 tileset, which is close enough to what I remember. I'm a little sad that it's not finished. :(

Thanks for your help! :)

• Lightwulf likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users