Project Storm Help Thread

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#31 HeroHyrum

HeroHyrum

Generic angsty teenager

• Members

Posted 22 September 2020 - 08:48 PM

I did what you asking me. I kinda find it wierd that you can actually push a locked rock but that's kinda cool as well. I've found a ocarina. Now i'm kinda confuses. Should i use it on a locked block ? Because i've tried to use it on certain area but nothing happens. I also didn't found a bomb yet wich i suspect That it's my only way out from the forest area and exploring the tower further.

Check the areas above Gale fields, theres a spot where the ocarina can be used there.

(the more northwestern areas)

Edited by HeroHyrum, 22 September 2020 - 08:49 PM.

• Malstygian likes this

#32 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 23 September 2020 - 02:57 PM

I'm back to finish the quest and managed to beat the red hydra atop Drake tower but - UGH - a stray fireball finished me off before I could run into the gray portal where the dragon once sat. Might I suggest a save point right before the boss room? The (final?) boss is pretty hard and most people are going to lose many times before beating him.

#33 Malstygian

Malstygian

Initiate

• Members

Posted 23 September 2020 - 04:14 PM

I'm back to finish the quest and managed to beat the red hydra atop Drake tower but - UGH - a stray fireball finished me off before I could run into the gray portal where the dragon once sat. Might I suggest a save point right before the boss room? The (final?) boss is pretty hard and most people are going to lose many times before beating him.

Spoiler

• Useless Old Man Wisdom likes this

#34 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 23 September 2020 - 04:55 PM

Spoiler

Thanks for that tip - I did forget to find that item and just knew I forgot something in that level. Beating the hydra without a defensive upgrade is a great challenge for those who love difficult bosses.

Edited by Useless Old Man Wisdom, 23 September 2020 - 06:13 PM.

#35 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 23 September 2020 - 04:59 PM

Speaking of wich i'm currently in the Spatial Space and it's REALLY a maze That we can be lost so easily. I try to figure how to get the treasure chests but there's no way i can reach them and there's a button That i can't activate while steps on it. So i have no way out until i get a item that would activate the switch in the entrance. I've found a key but the wired locked blocks didn't lows when i touch them. Also i've cleared the forest temple only to get nothing but a clue where i can find a supposed sword.

Edited by Sans, 23 September 2020 - 05:00 PM.

#36 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 23 September 2020 - 06:07 PM

Speaking of wich i'm currently in the Spatial Space and it's REALLY a maze That we can be lost so easily. I try to figure how to get the treasure chests but there's no way i can reach them and there's a button That i can't activate while steps on it. So i have no way out until i get a item that would activate the switch in the entrance. I've found a key but the wired locked blocks didn't lows when i touch them.

As Malstygian suggests, you really should make some sort of a map for Spatial Space. This is one of the few ZC quests in which I've bothered to make a map. Keep in mind,

Spoiler

Also i've cleared the forest temple only to get nothing but a clue where i can find a supposed sword.

Red herrings (English-language idiom) abound in this quest.

Edited by Useless Old Man Wisdom, 23 September 2020 - 06:12 PM.

#37 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 25 September 2020 - 12:06 PM

Alright so here's the list on the dungeons i've completed recently;

Forest temple
Drake tower (only to get the Book and the ocarina)
Spatial Space
Deep Sea Ruins

I've did something really wierd in the quest. I don't Know why but With the magic stuff (that i choosed instead of the Crystal Bomb) i did trigged the face of the Drake Tower entrance. I did inspected if something has changed inside but nothing has changed. So i did go everywhere but there was nothing happened at all. So i was wondering if somehow it was bug.

#38 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 25 September 2020 - 12:39 PM

I've did something really wierd in the quest. I don't Know why but With the magic stuff (that i choosed instead of the Crystal Bomb) i did trigged the face of the Drake Tower entrance. I did inspected if something has changed inside but nothing has changed. So i did go everywhere but there was nothing happened at all. So i was wondering if somehow it was bug.

You need to go further

Spoiler
into Drake Tower to see what you triggered from outside. Once you're in the right room you'll be able to walk right through, but you'll also be able to see, on the spacebar map, what you triggered from outside.

Edited by Useless Old Man Wisdom, 27 September 2020 - 01:12 PM.

#39 Malstygian

Malstygian

Initiate

• Members

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:34 PM

Is it possible to do anything meaningful in the post game?

Spoiler

#40 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:39 PM

I will generally not provide much help with the post game because I feel like that if you get through the main segment of the quest then you should already know if you want more of the same but ramped up to eleven. And me providing easy answers would be counter to that.

However, I can answer these two questions:

Is it possible to do anything meaningful in the post game?

Spoiler

The answer to the questions are:
Spoiler

Edited by Mani Kanina, 25 September 2020 - 05:40 PM.

#41 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 25 September 2020 - 10:20 PM

Do I need to grind out rupees in order to purchase a certain

Spoiler
in order to make meaningful progress in the post game?

Disappointingly enough, in the post game, I'm just finding a bunch of secrets I could have found really early on.

#42 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 26 September 2020 - 12:21 AM

I don't think it's possible to grind rupees in the quest, enemies shouldn't drop them, so....

I'm not certain, but IIRC there is not actually any one item that you need to purchase, be it main game or post game. Though certain things are indeed useful.

Edited by Mani Kanina, 26 September 2020 - 12:21 AM.

#43 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 September 2020 - 09:54 AM

Maybe it's another instance of breaking my save file with the 9/11 update, but after that latest update, enemies do drop single rupees and I can also obtain single rupees from cutting grass and bushes. Both enemy drops and single rupees in vegetation are a probably a 1/16 or less probability, but it's definitely possible to grind rupees at a painfully tedious rate. I'm glad I don't need to spend hours trying to grind out an extra 300 rupees. I too have found that it isn't actually necessary to purchase anything in this quest - which just fits in so well with the overall theme of things.

Edited by Useless Old Man Wisdom, 26 September 2020 - 09:57 AM.

#44 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 September 2020 - 12:07 PM

I made some good progress into Fall of Stones, but now am quite stuck.

qV4VHws.png

Am I supposed to somehow unlock this keyblock and then go up the stairs, or access and unlock this keyblock via the stairs?

CK3nWDG.png

In addition to the more obvious objectives in this room, am I supposed to try to access that alcove underneath where my character is standing?

I still haven't found a way into any of that northern tier of four rooms, so perhaps there's yet another entrance I haven't found yet?

Also, kind of related to Fall of Stones:

Spoiler
Images in the quest description suggest the spoilered sidequest should have done something more obvious.

Edited by Useless Old Man Wisdom, 26 September 2020 - 12:10 PM.

#45 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 26 September 2020 - 05:19 PM

but after that latest update, enemies do drop single rupees and I can also obtain single rupees from cutting grass and bushes.

Also, kind of related to Fall of Stones:

Spoiler
Images in the quest description suggest the spoilered sidequest should have done something more obvious.

Yeah you'll need to restart if your thing is this broken. I do apologize, I shouldn't have pushed that update without making it so it required a new save file. All these errors comes down to things that should progress or save, but isn't (due to corrupted global variables). I highly recommend re-starting on a fresh file to proceed, which stinks since I don't want to force players to re-do content, especially in this. But even more critical stuff might be broken further down the line.

I do wanna stress that these aren't really bugs, but rather an result of save file incompatibility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users