• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#16 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 14 September 2020 - 10:03 PM

Spoiler

I think this secret is very clever, and is keeping in the logic of similar objects that the runic projectile triggers in the quest. This particular secret strikes me as a direct take from Tribute to Yeto's Quest, where the player had to use the boomerang from outside the castle to obtain something essential from inside - seemingly baffling, yet totally obvious once you have done it.

#17 Malstygian

Malstygian

Initiate

• Members

Posted 14 September 2020 - 11:46 PM

I think this secret is very clever, and is keeping in the logic of similar objects that the runic projectile triggers in the quest. This particular secret strikes me as a direct take from Tribute to Yeto's Quest, where the player had to use the boomerang from outside the castle to obtain something essential from inside - seemingly baffling, yet totally obvious once you have done it.

Fair enough. I may be in the minority, but I didn't like it.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#18 HeroHyrum

HeroHyrum

Generic angsty teenager

• Members

Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:22 AM

so ive just reached storm village and im pretty stumped on where to head off to next, any hints??? also i dont know why but whenever i exit one of the east houses in the village there seems to be a small shadow link up on the little plateau? i dont know if it has anything to do with what im supposed to do but i found it a little creepy haha

#19 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 15 September 2020 - 09:08 AM

Spoiler

It does not matter. They are both damage upgrades so usefulness is subjective and depends on if you value the items for combat and how you use them in combat.
  • HeroHyrum likes this

#20 Malstygian

Malstygian

Initiate

• Members

Posted 16 September 2020 - 05:57 PM

so ive just reached storm village and im pretty stumped on where to head off to next, any hints??? also i dont know why but whenever i exit one of the east houses in the village there seems to be a small shadow link up on the little plateau? i dont know if it has anything to do with what im supposed to do but i found it a little creepy haha

Spoiler

• HeroHyrum likes this

#21 HeroHyrum

HeroHyrum

Generic angsty teenager

• Members

Posted 17 September 2020 - 11:21 PM

Spoiler

Yeah i finally got through all that and ive just now got bombs and found the forest temple and water shrine down by like like beach but it seems im still missing a few items for either of those, ive been enjoying the whole quest so far, definitely makes you think outside the box for a lot of puzzles.

Edit: i also just got the red book from drake tower

Edited by HeroHyrum, 17 September 2020 - 11:45 PM.

#22 HeroHyrum

HeroHyrum

Generic angsty teenager

• Members

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:22 AM

I just reached spatial space and i think i might be stuck here, i only have the rapier, small shield, airhorn, bombs, the red book, and one of the run key things, have i gotten soft locked?

#23 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 18 September 2020 - 06:58 PM

I just reached spatial space and i think i might be stuck here, i only have the rapier, small shield, airhorn, bombs, the red book, and one of the run key things, have i gotten soft locked?

No, you will find what you need to get out inside of it. But you can't leave till then, it's why there is a warning by the save point.

• HeroHyrum likes this

#24 HeroHyrum

HeroHyrum

Generic angsty teenager

• Members

Posted 19 September 2020 - 03:35 AM

No, you will find what you need to get out inside of it. But you can't leave till then, it's why there is a warning by the save point.

welp looks like im gonna be spending several hours trying to find out what to do hahaha, amazing quest though so far! i like how creative you got with puzzle solving!

#25 Malstygian

Malstygian

Initiate

• Members

Posted 19 September 2020 - 09:18 AM

welp looks like im gonna be spending several hours trying to find out what to do hahaha, amazing quest though so far! i like how creative you got with puzzle solving!

Map it - that's what I ended up doing.

• Mani Kanina and HeroHyrum like this

#26 HeroHyrum

HeroHyrum

Generic angsty teenager

• Members

Posted 19 September 2020 - 02:47 PM

Map it - that's what I ended up doing.

ill give that a try, i think ive got most of the area finished cause i have a key and the ether sword with most of the area completed but i just need to find which way to go to proceed through.

though i have no idea how id keep track of where everything leads but ill figure that out when i get to it.

edit: In the middle right part of the map theres a room with keese and baubles and a chest with a pink switch/button in the middle of the room that wont activate, am i right to assume i need the item for it?

Edited by HeroHyrum, 19 September 2020 - 03:05 PM.

#27 Malstygian

Malstygian

Initiate

• Members

Posted 20 September 2020 - 12:29 AM

ill give that a try, i think ive got most of the area finished cause i have a key and the ether sword with most of the area completed but i just need to find which way to go to proceed through.

though i have no idea how id keep track of where everything leads but ill figure that out when i get to it.

edit: In the middle right part of the map theres a room with keese and baubles and a chest with a pink switch/button in the middle of the room that wont activate, am i right to assume i need the item for it?

I found no way to activate the switch.

As for the map, even though you're never given a physical map of the place, you can still clearly see an 8 x 8 grid. If you consider the bottom left to be (1, 1), then your starting point is at (4, 1) with the following mappings:

South: Exit

West: (3, 1)

East: (5, 2)

North: (4, 2)

Keep repeating and you'll have your map.

• HeroHyrum likes this

#28 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 22 September 2020 - 11:13 AM

I've got the bow and arrow but i'm really stuck in the game. I try to solve this puzzle but somehow i have a feeling that i should have a bomb or something else right ?

200922055641603104.png

Also i can't really go anywhere and i can't get thoses key so i guess that's so far as i can go.

20092205582260097.png

200922055822213581.png

There's a dark area in the dank cavern but i can't see anything so i can't go there...

Edited by Sans, 22 September 2020 - 11:14 AM.

#29 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 22 September 2020 - 02:21 PM

You need to explore the forest further to find the way forwards, you need not venture into the dark cave.

#30 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 22 September 2020 - 03:19 PM

I did what you asking me. I kinda find it wierd that you can actually push a locked rock but that's kinda cool as well. I've found a ocarina. Now i'm kinda confuses. Should i use it on a locked block ? Because i've tried to use it on certain area but nothing happens. I also didn't found a bomb yet wich i suspect That it's my only way out from the forest area and exploring the tower further.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users