Mike's Fun House

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 14 July 2019 - 07:16 PM

Hello everybody! Here is a very unique quest "Mike's Fun House".

https://www.purezc.n...e=quests&id=696

Use this thread if you get stuck and/or if you find any bugs.

Hope you enjoy!

• DarkFlameSheep, James24, TheLegend_njf and 2 others like this

#2 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 14 July 2019 - 10:23 PM

Yay!  Its finally out after 5 years in the making.  Hopefully there won't be too many people getting stuck and asking for help because I specifically hounded Mike about getting rid of unmarked and arbitrary secrets and putting out the lens early on.  Most of the quest is slightly above average in terms of difficulty but there are parts of it that I thought were crazy hard.  I'm going to start playing the released version right now.

#3 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:12 PM

I have an odea: a creator's playthrough. Not only would this show all the secrets without anyone needing to ask about them, but it would also show the quest to people who aren't good players.

#4 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:16 PM

That is my plan, but I won't be able start until later next month.

#5 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:37 PM

Well, I have just finished Mike's Fun House for a 2nd time with 412 deaths which was a lot less than the 800 odd I had the first time.  I think its a great quest - one of the best I've played and this is definitely a challenge quest.  I think it will only have a small fanbase of a few like-minded players and I'd be very surprised if that were to change.  Such is the price of making your dream quest - but at least you have your dream quest Mike.

#6 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:59 PM

This is a trying quest.  I can't get the candle or white sword.  I have the three routes for the maze but can't proceed any further after I got the candle.  Where do I go?  Where is the key for the cave in the Generic World and the super bombs?

Edited by sctmorgan, 21 July 2019 - 08:02 PM.

#7 derby77

derby77

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:06 PM

Maybe I missed something, but I have no rupees to get sword

Any help?

Nvm, figured it out...lol

Edited by derby77, 21 July 2019 - 09:20 PM.

#8 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:27 PM

Sctmorgan - use the routes in the lost woods in the north section of the first world.  As for the key you're going to have to post a screenshot and the superbombs aren't found until late in the game.

#9 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 21 July 2019 - 10:21 PM

This is a trying quest.  I can't get the candle or white sword.  I have the three routes for the maze but can't proceed any further after I got the candle.  Where do I go?  Where is the key for the cave in the Generic World and the super bombs?

After getting the candle, you must burn an odd colored bush to proceed further into the woods.

#10 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 22 July 2019 - 06:42 AM

Submit an update in Yloh's place since he's away on vacation. This fixes a really nasty gamebreaking bug in the final dungeon, as well as removing an extra heart piece. I recommend downloading the update if you haven't, as otherwise you won't be able to proceed in the final dungeon.

Edited by Dimentio, 22 July 2019 - 06:43 AM.

• TheLegend_njf, Yloh and Epsalon ZX like this

#11 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:47 PM

James24 and Dimento, thanks for the help.  I can't proceed any further; I can't get anywhere with the second hint LLRL.  I only got the arrows.  I have no candle.

#12 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 22 July 2019 - 09:29 PM

Let me help you out.

I assumed you figured out the first combination. The second screen go left, left, but when you go right, make sure you go right at the bottom right part of the screen, then immediately go left. It will take you to a screen with an odd color tree. Go down from that screen and go down again. You will see a bunch of enemies that you will need to kill. The candle will appear when you defeat the enemies. Use that on the odd color bush.

This is a demo from 2015, but the solutions up to the white sword are there.

https://m.youtube.co...RoH6v_w&t=5657s

#13 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:23 AM

Started this tonight.   I'm 35 deaths in, still on Level 1, and this is incredibly addictive and diabolically brilliant so far.   I have the boomerang, bow and arrow and candle in addition to the L1 sword.  I assume I probably need the better wallet next so I can buy the L2 sword, or maybe the raft so I can get to the key, but I'm not asking for help quite yet.

Edit:  I love this game.  The lava surf maze was annoying and had a bit too much trial-and-error to it but overall this is just great.   My question is - I still don't have the bigger wallet so I can get the better sword.   Can/should I get that before going through the 2nd portal?   I have the six hearts it suggests.

Edit2;  Never mind.   I finally got the white sword!   Just crossed 100 deaths.  A lot of them were preventable.   I keep trying to beat bosses that I should probably try and beat later.     

Edited by SofaKing, 31 July 2019 - 08:57 PM.

#14 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 07 August 2019 - 05:16 AM

Im now In The Boss Fight Vs Mike In The 3rd Dungeon Phase i become a Key but i cant Find a Door ?? Can Someon Help Please or is it the Bug :D

#15 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:49 AM

I saw your video on youtube where you got stuck. After getting the key from the 3rd Dungeon Phase, go back to the spike room. There is a hidden passage on the left wall. You will have to damage boost from your candle to make it, or just use your boots if you have magic. You will then proceed to the final phase of the Mike fight. Congratulations!

• Lordkronos likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users