"Fun in the Sun" II: Shadow of the First

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

Has anyone played this quest yet?  How do I get to the north rooms.  The hint says an explosion which I've tried to no success.

#2 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

Has anyone played this quest yet?  How do I get to the north rooms.  The hint says an explosion which I've tried to no success.

Hi stomorga, can't help you still,, just started and found level two.. it got to many flying floor tiles

but riped this dungeon using the snappi  way, searching for LVL 1 now.. be back with more info!

#3 Darkmatt

Darkmatt

Pastel Heart

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:15 AM

I need more info than this before I can start helping you out.

#4 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:40 PM

Darkmatt,

I have completed levels 1 - 5.  I was able to complete level 5 without visiting the upper north rooms.  I'm assuming the hammer is in the upper rooms so that I can reach level 6.  I have used bombs on the walls and tried to wall through them but I still can't reach the upper north rooms in level 5.  I can see on the map that I haven't visited the upper north rooms yet.  Can you advice?

#5 Darkmatt

Darkmatt

Pastel Heart

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

Spoiler

#6 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

Zelda Crashed...I had to restart the quest.  I can't remember where I got the hammer...Can anyone give me a hint?  I know to reach level 6 I need that hammer.  

vravelo,

I haven't played in days now but have you found a blue suit/ring?     What level R U at?  Did you complete the quest???

Edited by sctmorgan, 29 June 2013 - 09:28 AM.

#7 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:32 AM

First of all, I need to say...wow, this quest is hard.  I'm at 40 deaths and I just found Level 3.  Seriously.  The last one that got my death count that high at all was Armageddon Quest.

That said, though...I wonder if it's mainly because I'm missing some things.  Sure, I've managed to pick up the White Sword, Magic Shield, Bow, Wooden Arrow, Blue Candle, Raft, and a wallet upgrade from shops, but I've beaten two dungeons, and I've found only two heart pieces...one in each dungeon.  Having only 5 hearts against enemies that can hit for up to 2 is killing me...literally.  I've found a few secret caves, but they've all had money in them.  Furthermore, I've run into a handful of suspicious looking areas--like that heart-shaped formation in the plains--but I haven't found any way of revealing anything.

Is this quest like Zelda 1, where the secret areas are under arbitrary bushes or behind randomly-placed bombable walls that leave you tearing your hair out trying to find?  Or is there a method to the madness?

#8 Darkmatt

Darkmatt

Pastel Heart

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:26 AM

Spoiler

-----

Yeah a little overworld exploration every now and then won't hurt your chances.

Spoiler

So question time, how are you guys liking the colors and the music?

#9 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

Since Zelda Classic crashed the first time, I save everytime I get an item and then copy the Zelda.sav file to make a copy.  I'm at level 6 now by going a different route since I don't have the hammer.  In level 6 you will need the cross because the enemies are invisible and I don't have the cross or hammer yet.  

Yes, the enemies are super hard compared to the items that you get.  In level 6 the arrows don't hurt anything.  This quest is hard and you will get a lot of deaths so be prepared.  I have found levels 7, 8, and 9 but need additional items before I will enter them.   :toast:  :omg:

The colors used are good and the trick with pushing bushes is new to me.  I thought you push rocks and shot arrows at darts instead of rocks. :bounce: Good luck to everyone who is playing this quest.  It will keep you on your toes.

On another note, is the blue suit a blue boot?

#10 Darkmatt

Darkmatt

Pastel Heart

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

Okay, now I'm curious.

How long have you been playing it, and, how many times have you died in it so far?

#11 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

I've been playing for about a week including the time I had to restart because Zelda Classic crashed and I lost my saved file.  I've died maybe over 100 times including the saving after every item (10 hours of playtime).  I'm in level 6 with only the red sword (wish I had one even better).  I'm confused on the different boot colors (brown, red, blue?). 

Okay, which lone tree in the green forest is the item I seek?  I've burned, pushed, shot every tree there by level 7.

Edited by sctmorgan, 30 June 2013 - 04:26 PM.

#12 Avalee

Avalee

Junior

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

This game is hard but so far I have made it past Level 4. I have the 2nd wallet, ladder, hammer from level 3 and whistle from Level 4. I just spent one playing time with the candle burning and pushing everything outside. Found Level 7 that way. Also bought the blue ring some where. That is my problem I can not remember where I got stuff or where to go. Good thing my son can help me remmember. I have alot of other stuff but dont have the game open to remmeber. I either bought or picked up what looks like a little red ring of some type. The only thing I can think of is that it makes the sword shoot when you get to one heart as it does nothing else. I sure need the shooting sword cause I do get to one heart alot. LOL Looking for the better boomarang. Do we get one in this game?

On to Level 5

Av

I looked and this is what I have so far plus what I said from all four Levels. There is alot of HP from bombing everywhere outside. I cant remember if I got any by burning or not. Memory loss from OLD age. LOL

10 Hearts

30 bombs

35 arrows

Faster Bow

Raft

Ladder

Bomb bag upgrades

2 Quiver

Bigger Wallet can go over 500 now

Edited by Avalee, 01 July 2013 - 08:52 AM.

#13 Avalee

Avalee

Junior

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

Been blowing the wistle, bombing and burning. By blowing the wistle in the Forest by lake I got a "Gem of Magic". Does anyone know what this is? It was not placed in any of the other inventories but in the middle of them.

Also went to the graveyard and blew around and YEAH. Got the 3rd sword. Plus money and another heart piece. Still not upgrade on the boomarang.

Never mind I just found the upgrade to the boomargang. Interesting. Found it by accidently pushing a bush. LOL

Av

Edited by Avalee, 01 July 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#14 Darkmatt

Darkmatt

Pastel Heart

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

You guys do know there's a .png in the zip that explains items, right?

It even has nice ASCII icons that are as vague as the descriptions you're giving me!

#15 Avalee

Avalee

Junior

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

You guys do know there's a .png in the zip that explains items, right?

It even has nice ASCII icons that are as vague as the descriptions you're giving me!

Well thank you so much kind person

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users