Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:04 AM

7/4.

I downloaded it at noon yesterday.

#107 chocobothief12

chocobothief12

Junior

• Members

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:07 AM

you have to delete the save and start over from the beginning after you update to the latest version. thats the only way to fix it

#108 Gendof

Gendof

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:52 AM

Ouch!

Thanks,

I was going to do a replay anyway.

#109 Gendof

Gendof

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:48 AM

Can I start a new game with the update without deleting the save?

#110 chocobothief12

chocobothief12

Junior

• Members

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:12 PM

you just have to delete the file on the title screen. not the one in the folder

#111 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:01 PM

you have to delete the save and start over from the beginning after you update to the latest version. thats the only way to fix it

I wish this weren't true, but half of the time it is due to how ZC saves scripts, plus all the stuff that is adjusted by them.

I'm probably going to work on shifting the locations of Spazer and Plasma Beam and making the giant spider only weak to the former sometime today.

Edit: So, I did a quick test run of the giant spider with Spazer only, and my verdict is that it takes way too long to kill him that way. I'm more in favor if making it where you can have Wave or Charge Beam equipped as well, but you only do damage if Spazer is also equipped.

Edited by ywkls, 05 July 2017 - 01:23 PM.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#112 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:39 PM

Sounds good to me.

#113 chocobothief12

chocobothief12

Junior

• Members

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:41 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=eD6Q3Daa9kQ

part 3 is up. 

Although im not the best lets play commentator, i'm having lots of fun doing this.

I should stop getting so into them though because each video keeps being longer than the last

• ywkls likes this

#114 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:30 AM

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that early Space Jump exploit. I mean, yes; Ice Beam is still a requirement for the Final Metroid boss, which itself is a requirement for something else. It's just that I thought that I'd designed that place well enough where it was impossible to get past the way you did.

Then again, some of the tricks you've pulled off are one's I would've said were impossible, including making that tricky Shine Spark into the one really high portal from the opposite direction I usually approach it from. So I guess this shouldn't surprise me.

Still working on the giant spider rewrite. Quarter damage still takes too long, so we'll see how half damage does. (No defense to beams is way too easy.) 

I'm also pretty sure that what happened with the reserve tank not healing you is a glitch in the code, which I'm currently endeavoring to fix.

#115 chocobothief12

chocobothief12

Junior

• Members

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:16 PM

I went on ahead to scout out my route for the next video, and I don't know if its the plasma beam, or the screw attack, but when fighting a few of the later bosses, the game suddenly slows to a crawl until exiting the room, kinda like that one instance where the serris fight had that same problem a long while back. 

It happened for serris and the eye boss. Not sure if it happened elsewhere but I remember those two for sure.

That space jump room has lots of history, and something always seems to need changing. I get it when its available because when you added the ability to turn off the hyper grip, it also completely changed how it worked. I forgot to mention it as soon as I noticed, but once samus clings to a wall, the only way you could detach from it was by holding the up direction, instead of how it was previously like a sort of wall jump.

There's about an hour left of the playthrough, and I don't know what length I should make the videos to cover it all. I was thinking of doing a sort of cleanup episode

after getting the last of the mandatory items before the homing missle, but I'm not sure if the length from ridley to the screw attack would be long enough.

I also forgot to show off the diffusion missiles doing their little explosion thing, which I didn't even know was a thing until recently. 

thoughts?

#116 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:00 PM

There's about an hour left of the playthrough, and I don't know what length I should make the videos to cover it all. I was thinking of doing a sort of cleanup episode

after getting the last of the mandatory items before the homing missle, but I'm not sure if the length from ridley to the screw attack would be long enough.

I also forgot to show off the diffusion missiles doing their little explosion thing, which I didn't even know was a thing until recently. 

thoughts?

Well, after you get the Screw Attack; you'll still have to do everything left in the ship before the homing missiles. I'm not sure exactly how long that'll take.

Regarding slowdown, it's probably an issue related to the large numbers of projectiles onscreen. The eye has a lot of flying eweapons tracked by ghost.zh while Serris has a lot of enemies. And then there's the tracking of all of your lweapons.

There's not a lot of ways to optimize these scripts, especially when every eweapon and lweapon is affected by them.

File is now updated. Spazer and Plasma beam locations have been switched. (If you've already gotten one of them in the playthrough, don't use the new version of the file.) The giant spider now only takes damage if Spazer if equipped.

I also fixed a long-standing bug with the beams where their locations were messed up slightly when you fired in certain directions with specific ones equipped.

#117 chocobothief12

chocobothief12

Junior

• Members

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

will I have to start a new playthrough if i update the file? or will the changes take effect immediately?

the lets play is missing ice, spazer, plasma for beams, so idk.

Timing on the ship area, as well as cleaning up all the items in the rest of the ice area shouldnt take more than 20 minutes. probably a bit less.

#118 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:39 PM

will I have to start a new playthrough if i update the file? or will the changes take effect immediately?

the lets play is missing ice, spazer, plasma for beams, so idk.

Timing on the ship area, as well as cleaning up all the items in the rest of the ice area shouldnt take more than 20 minutes. probably a bit less.

If you update the file, you shouldn't have to start over since you'll be able to get the Spazer where the Plasma Beam was (and vice versa). Keep in mind that I tested how hard the spider boss was on normal difficulty.

#119 chocobothief12

chocobothief12

Junior

• Members

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:41 PM

how powerful will spazer be against it in relation to what super missiles used to be?

#120 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:55 PM

how powerful will spazer be against it in relation to what super missiles used to be?

Baseline power on the Super Missiles is 10, where you you can fire every half second; but have a limited supply.

Spazer, with Charge and Wave also equipped; does a damage of 7 per beam and fires 3 beams every quarter second and there's no limit to how many you can fire. If you can hit with a charged shot, it is 14 damage per beam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users