Photo

Screenshot of the Week 232

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 232 (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite shot!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:30 PM

Evile
IPB Image
Link explores the new city.

Sephiroth
IPB Image
Link finds himself lost in a dungeon overflowed with water and octoroks!

TheMasterSwordsman
IPB Image
(Salt) WATER

Twilight_Knight
IPB Image
Nargad travels through the snowy hazard of Snowhill Valley... Let's find out what Argon keeps hidden there...

T. Platinum
IPB Image

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:07 PM

Eh, it seems like all of these are just old shots that have been edited a little. I'm going with Twilight Knight's.

#3 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:26 PM

So old shots that have been edited make them bad? Kind of strange but the tango never changes. Weeeeee...
I like Evile's and TMS'. I love the little circle of bushes in TMS' shot. It'll take me a while to decide.

#4 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:43 PM

Evile: Pretty much perfect, I can't seem to find any problems...I don't see how this is 'old' Russ, first time I've seen it, or have I missed it somewhere else?

Sephiroth: Woah, with the subscreen and everything else it's just all so...blue, but it is a good dungeon screen. That being said, I'm really not a fan of dungeons screens at all (in SotW) and Twilight Knight's and Evile's both easily beat this one out, but that's cause I'm pretty biased towards overworld screens.

TheMasterSwordsman: Good screen, nothing particularly wrong with it, just doesn't really have the flair of a SotW screen, seems like any other screen, nothing really setting it apart.

Twilight Knight: Great screen, fantastic. I'm still trying to decide between you and Evile. I'll admit I never was crazy for you DoR style, but this one has blown me away. The white is a tad too dominate, but I know it's because of the area. This is gonna be a hard choice...

T. Platinum: Well, the only shot I really didn't like. The water border should not be straight like that, just looks lazy. Lack of two bottom corners being cover is a downside, always cover 99% of your corners, makes the screen seem much more full and complete. The middle hedge clump is just an oval, just too symmetrical for any natural looking bush clump. The first thing that came to my mind when looking at this screen (as I'm sure it did for many others) is where is this log tunnel coming from? I mean, is it just taking a 90 degree cut down into the earth to pop out into some cave? Looks really out of place and ugly. Also, don't put solid objects that close to the edge of a screen where you can enter from. Spikes one combo away? That's brutal man, always keep two walkable non hurting combos between stuff like that and the edge of the screen where you are able to go inbetween screens. And last but certainly not least, it's a JPG! Never use jpg, never ever ever. Reduces the quality of shots horrendously, and I lied, cause that was actually the first thing I noticed when seeing that shot. Don't even take your chances with pngs, or bmps, for fear of the parasite that is photobucket (if you used that) converting them to jpg. Always, ALWAYS, use .gif. You'll be much better off. Also, just ditch photobucket (if you use it) and come over to imageshack.us. Fun times over here, we got cake.

Can't really decide who to vote for...man, Evile and Twilight Knight sure made this one a tough decision...

Edited by Plissken, 12 October 2008 - 06:49 PM.

#5 hinsburg

hinsburg

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:13 PM

Evile: Looks nice, but the Link sprite doesn't really fit in too well.

Sephiroth: Not specific flaws, it all looks nice.

TheMasterSwordsman: Pure at it's best! My only complaint is the tiny bit of land in the bottom left makes too little room for the water, making it look odd. I didn't word that right at all, did I?

Twilight_Knight: I like the pillars a lot! In fact, all of the snowy trees look nice too. Heck, the whole thing looks awesome.

T. Platinum: Seems like a pretty random design, and is that a .jpg?

Twilight_Knight gets my vote.

#6 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:19 PM

Psh, Sun Tower link goes with anything. It's so awesome it doesn't need to conform to styles. (Even though I still think it matches this style fine)

#7 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:26 PM

I'm going with Evile for great design, graphics, and sharp color.

Sephiroth - Everything's too Blue. I suggest playing around with the palletes and choose a different color for the floor. Also add some floor borders to make the design better.

TMS - Very Nice Pure Shot. Above-Average Design.

Twilight_Knight - Very Nice DoR Snow Forest Shot. This is how DoR should be used in terms of design.

T. Platnium - It's pretty dull because it looked like you took a blank screen and added some stuff to it like a collage.

Edited by Dawnlight, 12 October 2008 - 08:27 PM.

#8 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:26 PM

I voted for Evile, I love the Suntower tileset, espcially when modified. icon_biggrin.gif

#9 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:08 PM

I'm gonna go with Twilight_Knight. It's just excellent screen design. It looks like alot of attention was put into little details. And I really love the 2x2 snow-covered trees. icon_cool.gif Nice work, man.

#10 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:52 AM

Evile's is the best one this week. But not by much though. Twilight Knight's is quite epic as well. icon_smile.gif

#11 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:40 AM

Evile: 9/10
Excellent shot. Just beautiful.
Sephiroth: 810
Cool shot, I like the zig-zag in the walls. It isn't terribly detailed, but for a dungeon, that's really all you want.
TheMasterSwordsman: 7/10
Solid shot. It's got a good level of detail, but it does fall into the repetitious Pure shot category. +1 for the DS topic reference, -1 for no exclamation marks.
Twilight_Knight: 8/10
Really great shot- the custom pine trees take away from the shot a little, because they are a bit sharper than the rest of the trees. Everything else is fine, though.
T. Platinum: 5/10
This shot needs work. The details are too random and overwhelming and the shot as a whole is too centralized. The shoreline is too straight as well.

Overall, good week, strong showing by our regulars.

#12 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:52 AM

Yea, I was also a little intimidated by the nothing but blue. So I made some changes.

First of all, I switched to a different dungeon wall set, and secondly, modified floors!

IPB Image

#13 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:29 AM

Evile hands down. I love your bright and colorful shots you always come up with. Not to mention the tileset looks awesome with the building and such. Good job man.

#14 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:44 AM

Evile 9/10
As I said somewhere before, I don't like the 2x2 trees. Though, excellent screen design! The other graphics, especially the houses, are extreme nice, I can see why this is on the lead.

Sephiroth 9/10
Awesome dungeon screen! icon_clap.gif No complaints.

TheMasterSwordsman 8/10
It's actually very good, nice Pure screen. It can use some variety in the trees.

Twilight_Knight 10/10
My shot icon_smile.gif

T. Platinum 6/10
The concentration is in the middle, I don't really like it, actually. It looks bad because the detail is to much in the center.

My vote would have gone to... Evile! Of course! But since I participate too: Nulled.

Also, thanks a million for these compliments! It's a great motivation for me!

#15 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:13 PM

Evile- 10/10 Awesome screen, not much there to complain about. icon_thumbsup.gif

Sephiroth- 8/10 Good design. A little too mono-color for my tastes, but that's it's only real flaw. Good looking.

TheMasterSwordsman- 8/10 Very good Pure screen. It doesn't have too much flare about it but it's a solid screen. Not too bad, but not great either.

Twilight_Knight- 7/10 It looks good at first glance(I like the colors) but if you look at it critically it's very confused and weird looking.

T-Platinum- 5/10 Detail is very confused, the water is too straight, and the design is very basic. It's not ugly, but it could use a lot of work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users