PureZC Fall 2018 Expo
Hey everyone, it's that time of year again! Submissions for the 2018 Fall Expo are now officially open! For those of you who don't know, the Expo is essentially a showcase of our member's Zelda Classic latest projects. The whole idea behind the Expo is to allow members to show off their hard work and receive constructive feedback while also showing members what kind of content they can expect to see in the future. It serves as a boost to individual project attention and to community engagement overall. Please read the instructions below to get started!
If you are interested in submitting an Expo entry, all you have to do is make a topic within this forum. There's no requirement as to the format of your topic as part of the point is to come up with a good and creative layout to show off your content to the fullest. Once you post your topic, it will automatically be hidden from view. Therefore, before you submit, please read and review the rest of the information in this topic, shown below, to make sure your submission abides by the guidelines. Additionally, please preview and proofread your post to make sure everything looks good on your end before you click "Post".
Allowed Expo Submission Content
- Quest projects and work-in-progress tilesets
- Quests and tilesets completed since January 1st, 2018
- New scripts, music, etc.
Keep in mind that we are pretty flexible in terms of what you can submit to the Expo, so don't let the above list restrict you. If your submitted content is not allowed, we will let you know. If you are not sure that your content is allowed in the Expo, feel free to contact either Aevin or myself, or simply post a reply in this thread.
Things To Keep In Mind As You Are Creating Your Submission
- You are allowed to make multiple Expo submissions if you so choose.
- PureZC will host up to 10 images for each submission. Simply link your images within your post using an external image hosting site such as imgur, and we will move them to PureZC's hosting for you. You are allowed to have more than 10 images, but those beyond the first 10 will have to be hosted on another site.
- Similarly, PureZC will host only 1 quest demo per submission. You can link your demo using something like Dropbox, and it will be moved for you. If your demo uses Enhanced Music, it must be linked separately from the demo itself as the music will not be moved over to PureZC's hosting.
- If you post your submission and realize you've made a mistake, you may contact either Aevin or myself for small edits. If you want to make major changes, simply create another submission and we will replace it for you.
- Hide your signature to make things look more professional!
- Although it is not required, feel free to include a submission poll for people to easily review your content. Additionally, you can include questions to get people to give you specific feedback. Remember, this is your submission, so format it the way you want!
Submission Deadline: Saturday, October 20th, at 11:59pm EST
Expo Opening: Saturday, October 27th
(Note: EST stands for Eastern Standard Time. If you are unsure what time that correlates to in your timezone, simply Google "11:59pm EST" and Google will automatically convert the time to your specific timezone.)
Once the Expo opens on the stated date, all submissions will be viewable in this forum for everyone to see! We hope everyone will participate in viewing what's in store this year as well as providing constructive feedback to help support the developers! Lastly, thank you for reading, and we hope you all have a great time with this year's Expo! We can't wait to see what everyone will submit! If you have any questions or concerns, you may write a post in this topic or contact either Aevin or myself.