Please Respond:

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 21 December 2017 - 05:30 PM

This is a question for tje questmaking community, and I am asking it for determining the future / continued support of 'Small Mode' when using ZQuest, in versions after 2.53.0.

Do any of you use the small view, and if so, why?

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 21 December 2017 - 05:37 PM

Nope. I don't.

The only reason I'd see for still using it is if, for some reason, people need more screen space for other stuff.

Perhaps you could make a poll, unless you don't mind manually tallying the results. :P

#3 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 21 December 2017 - 05:58 PM

If by small mode, you mean non-fullscreen, then yes, I use it. I dislike fullscreen mode in a lot of shyte.

#4 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:04 PM

Yes I do. I have only been able to use it in small mode. Might have something to do with me using a Mac. I really don't know how fullscreen would be because I haven't been able to use it like that...

• Cukeman likes this

#5 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:32 PM

There's a full screen mode?
  • Eddy and Cukeman like this

#6 TheTrueMarioMaster

TheTrueMarioMaster

Initiate

• Members

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:40 PM

I use to not be able to use full screen mode but I found away around it.  Only time I actually use window mode is when I am working on my quest so I can see both windows and check for bugs in the quest.

#7 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:52 PM

Same.

i.e. I am also a Mac user and there is no fullscreen option

or rather, it doesn't work when I click on it

Edited by Cukeman, 23 December 2017 - 05:30 AM.

#8 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:58 PM

I'm pretty sure small mode here refers to 2.5.x's ability to use a less complex GUI that looks more like <2.11.

It is accessed under options (along with fullscreen toggle) in the editor.

#9 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:58 PM

Pretty sure he's talking about this

C5SSGyN.png

Classic would be the small mode. And nah, I dont use it.

Edited by Avataro, 21 December 2017 - 06:59 PM.

#10 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:14 PM

Small / big modes have nothing to do with fullscreen. Small mide is the 2.10 (and earlier) UI, while big mode is the 2.50+ interface. I will post screenshots tomorrow, if you are all still unsure on what this means.

#11 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:16 PM

I think I know what you mean. If I am understanding correctly, no I have never used small mode. :)

#12 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:23 PM

Small / big modes have nothing to do with fullscreen. Small mode is the 2.10 (and earlier) UI, while big mode was introduced with 2.50. Using small mode, some basic 2.50+ features are somewhat hidden, and if no-one us using it, then continued support of UI adjustments for it adds compounded work for no reason.

I used to use it on my 9" netbook, as large mode was too big for my screen resolution.

#13 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:47 PM

I use classic mode at 4x scale because fullscreen doesn't work, 2.5 at 1x scale is too small and I can't scale to 2x because my monitor resolution isn't high enough.

Also, since I have an ultrawide monitor I like having ZQuest on one side and my map design stuff on the other. Easier to work that way.

Now, IDEALLY I'd like a 2.5 interface that fits a 1080p display at 2x scale.

#14 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:48 PM

I use non-full screen and small mode. Not full screen because I'm on Mac and full screen doesn't work. Small mode because the elements in big mode are like, too small for me I think. Or maybe it's just because I got used to small mode and don't like change.

Right-click scroll to combo is working totally great instead of having 3 combo panels.

I'd love to see ZQ somehow use a more modern UI to be totally honest, something like the Unity UI. Don't know how possible that is if it would require a total rewrite.

#15 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 21 December 2017 - 09:35 PM

I use small mode exclusively. Large mode is simply too large and clunky for me, say nothing of the fact that I've been using small mode for over a decade and know my way around it far better than large mode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users