Photo

Gerudo theory: not really mostly female after all?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 09 March 2018 - 12:34 AM

You can't be gay or straight if you lay eggs.

#32 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 11 March 2018 - 04:35 PM

Perhaps that's the other piece of evidence that means that they do give live birth? In game evidence does show that Nabooru is attracted to Link, implying attraction does exist for them.

• Dark Ice Dragon likes this

#33 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 20 March 2018 - 12:02 PM

Breath of the Wild really fleshed out the Gerudo.

Before playing Breath of the Wild, all I knew about the Gerudo was they shared many characteristics as the amazons. My knowledge of the amazons is that they used men to breed and that is it. If their child was a girl, they would raise it. If their child was a boy, they would return it to the father and leave them both. There is a darker theory about why the carpenters are imprisoned in Gerudo valley. That theory is they were going to be breeding machines for the Gerudo. Kind of like that episode of Futurama. Ocarina of Time does say they go out to seek boyfriends, but that is it. No seeking relationships and no marriage. My connection of the Gerudo to amazons made me see them as a race that treats women highly superior to men. At the most, I could see the Gerudo seeking one night stands with cute Hylian men. 

After playing Breath of the Wild, I see the Gerudo in a whole new light. I feel like they are tied down by their laws of being an all female society. They seem to be torn between their way of life and finding true love. They have classes on how to attract men, they go to the Lover's Pond, and travel across Hyrule in search for true love. Some of them have to return home without their husbands just to make ends meet. This is very onerous as one Gerudo woman couldn't be with the one she loves while trying to work due to his sickness. It seems like they have an amazon society, but they truly want to live normal lives as women.

You can say I have a theory. The Gerudo were once a true amazon race that didn't need men at all, but as hundreds of years passes, they began to open up and hunger for true love and a companion for life.   

Oh wait, this thread is about how the Gerudo are not mostly female. Well let me think ... magic would be a good explanation. It ignores all logic and you can easily say their children are magically women without any Hylian properties. The other theory, which was mentioned earlier, is how the Gerudo have a dominant gene that makes their children into women with Gerudo properties. You can even go as far as to say that their bodies may attack any fetus with the y-chromosome thus killing any unborn male children. Gannon would be an exception as the're mutations in genetics. In terms of male Gerudo being really feminine, there is not enough evidence to support that theory.     

That's my game theory!

• Anthus and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#34 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:08 PM

I wonder if all Gerudo males would have green skin like Ganondorf, and not the orange/ brown skin of the female Gerudos. 

#35 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:29 PM

I wonder if all Gerudo males would have green skin like Ganondorf, and not the orange/ brown skin of the female Gerudos. 

not sure, if gerudo females have children whit other tribes, is possible they are not too similar

In the case they lay eggs, Is also possible that there something like the bees, females develop from fertilized eggs and males from unfertilized eggs. Because a male is haploid (has only one copy of each gene), his daughters (which are diploid, with two copies of each gene) share 100% of his genes and 50% of their mother's. Therefore, they share 75% of their genes with each other

• Anthus likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users