Photo

Screenshot of the Week 539

Lightwulf Joelmacool RedTribeLink

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 539 (44 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 December 2015 - 01:00 AM

Lightwulf

Lightwulf.png

Link makes his way further into the Ogg Temple, finding more skull Keese and weird skull-things throwing boomerangs.  "Hey, is that the boss key?  How do I get up there???"

(This may look familiar from another thread; I reduced the number of enemies on the screen 'cause it had 10 enemies before.)

Joelmacool

Joelmacool.png

It's ice to submit a shot today!

RedTribeLink

RedTribeLink.png

The search for your grandmother continues in a new sector.

• Lightwulf and Joelmacool like this

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:58 AM

I voted for Joel's ice shot.

• Lightwulf and Joelmacool like this

#3 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:01 AM

Lightwulf - Already made my comments over at S:CA, so I won't go too much into detail here. It looks great anyway, but a bit too cluttered with enemies.

Joelmacool - It is very ice to see you submit a screen. This looks pretty nice, with a very cool icy setting. Nice job.

RedTribeLink - Is this Slipstream DLC? Screen looks pretty cool and I noticed that portal at the top, wonder where it goes? :P

I voted for RedTribeLink this week, with Joel or Lightwulf in close second.

• Lightwulf, Joelmacool and Joaish (RedTribeLink) like this

#4 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:04 AM

I voted for RedTribeLink simply because it got me excited. All the shots were good this round, but my excitement for more Slipstream was why I voted.

Also Joel, you are cold hearted for making that pun.

• MermaidCim, Lightwulf, Joelmacool and 1 other like this

#5 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 22 December 2015 - 04:56 AM

Of course, I nulled since I'm in this one.

Joelmacool - Very interesting mix of ice combos! :D  It just makes me wonder if Link will need an item to cross that water or if defeating the Keese and Wizzrobes will make a path appear. :) ... For a minute there, I thought there was something wrong with the statue in the lower left corner, but now I see that the upper part is on layer 3 and the Wizzrobe's magic sprite is causing the extra black covering the lower portion of the statue's face.  What timing! :)  I don't see that every day!  Nice shot!

RedTribeLink - Wow!  Nice fire-and-ice theme you've got going on in this shot! :D  A snowy scene with an icy pond, but a bit of lava to the north and what looks like a Fire Lynel!  Pretty Cool! ;)  I noticed the green tree; it makes me wonder what would happen if I used the candle to burn that tree. :)  Also, I must say that I find your subscreen intriguing; I'm not used to a level system, and I'm not sure what the red "x"-es next to the health balls are for, so it entices me to want to try this quest! :D  I'm also curious as to what that item in the B slot is.

Lightwulf - Already made my comments over at S:CA, so I won't go too much into detail here. It looks great anyway, but a bit too cluttered with enemies.

Cluttered?  :puppyeyes:  I'm not sure if you noticed that there are less enemies.  The screen layout is, indeed, the same, but instead of having 4 flying Keese and 6 Goriyas (total of 10 enemies which, I agree, was cluttering the screen), I reduced it to 2 flying Keese and 4 Goriyas.  ... Is 6 enemies still considered "cluttering" the screen?  :confused:

• Eddy, Joelmacool and Joaish (RedTribeLink) like this

#6 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:07 AM

Cluttered?  :puppyeyes:  I'm not sure if you noticed that there are less enemies.  The screen layout is, indeed, the same, but instead of having 4 flying Keese and 6 Goriyas (total of 10 enemies which, I agree, was cluttering the screen), I reduced it to 2 flying Keese and 4 Goriyas.  ... Is 6 enemies still considered "cluttering" the screen?  :confused:

Now that you mentioned it, I guess I haven't really noticed that there was a difference. Looking at it again, the screen is fine with only 6 enemies. My bad lol

• Lightwulf likes this

#7 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:07 AM

The reason I'm not going with Lightwulf here is because the other 2 screens are just slightly better for me. But you made some valid points indeed.

I'm not even gonna get into the ice puns, but hey what do I know...? i'm just chillin in Cedar Rapids. LOL :)

Anyway, Im going RedTribeLink because for me it's such an incredibly unique screen. Everything about this screams to me 'I must play this immediately!'

Edited by MermaidCim, 22 December 2015 - 10:08 AM.

• Lightwulf and Joaish (RedTribeLink) like this

#8 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 27 December 2015 - 09:50 PM

With 43.24% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 539 is Lightwulf!

Lightwulf.png

Congratulations!

Voting totals:

- Lightwulf (16 votes [43.24%])

- Joelmacool (10 votes [27.03%])
- RedTribeLink (11 votes [29.73%])

• Lightwulf likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lightwulf, Joelmacool, RedTribeLink

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users