Photo

Screenshot of the Week 372

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 372 (56 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 runaru

runaru

:3

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him, They / Them

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:18 PM

Voted for Shane! Good job!

#17 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

Marco just tickled my fancy, this week!

#18 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

PrinceMSC
IPB Image
Far from home.
[/quote]

I like this one( Prince) a lot! Shows originality.

#19 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

I voted for Shane. It reminds me alot of the GBC Zelda's and the palette is absoloutely wonderful.(It's quite original too icon_lol.gif) To think you made this from such a simple concept map icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Dragonite, 25 June 2012 - 01:25 PM.

#20 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

Shane - Pretty good shot, but I still say the ALttP rocks stand out too much and should be "demade" to fit with the set better. Other than that, no problems.

Ventus - I honestly feel that this one is the best this week and it's where my vote went. It's got that old style with a pleasant new flair, the flowers and grass actually work, and I just like the colors for some reason. Well done.

Hergiswi - Very nice, very reminiscent of the GB sidescrolling segments, although the differently-colored blocks near the top confuse me, unless that's how it was in those segments.

Gonken - It's pretty generic, but I suppose that's the Z1 style for you. icon_shrug.gif

Nolornbon - Those roofs... they honestly just kill the perspective on those entrances there. The fronts look fine, but then these flat roofs make it look like the building just collapsed backward. icon_unsettled.gif Otherwise it's a good shot, though there's something off about the wall colors.

Marco - Seems mostly fine, the water looks odd though, and I'm not sure I care for the palette, but that's about it.

PrinceMSC - It's a very good shot. Not as good as the last one but it's good design-wise and graphically. Not much more to say.

#21 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Jun 25 2012, 07:15 PM) View Post
Gonken - It's pretty generic, but I suppose that's the Z1 style for you. :shrug:

I agree. I can use any style, and this is the Z1 style for Nintendo, and I design like that instead of the cluttered standard DoR design. :)

#22 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Jun 24 2012, 09:31 PM) View Post
PrinceMSC: I'd still prefer to see some enemies or a subscreen or something, but everything else is so well-done that it wins my vote anyway. So there ya go.
I know you would like to see a subscreen and some enemies in the screenshot. And I would like that too. But the thing is I have yet to make those tiles. I guess I could wait until I get a subscreen and enemies before showing off the next screenshot. I don’t know, we’ll see.
QUOTE(Nolornbon @ Jun 25 2012, 10:15 AM) View Post
Is that a tar pit in your shot, PrinceMSC? Maybe you plan to make a tar dungeon?
Yeah, it’s a tar pit. I still need to make more doodles for it. And yes, there is going to be a tar dungeon. I have a few little neat things going to take place in the design of it. I think you guys will like it.
QUOTE(Nathaniel @ Jun 25 2012, 10:59 AM) View Post
When you know you really like something to the point that you barely have to say anything, it's among the very best.
That’s very nice of you to say. Thank you.

#23 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

I can't remember who asked certain things, so I'll just do this in a random order.

1) The blue thing is a thwomp; they're common in sidescrolling screens in Oracle of Seasons.

2) The keese were supposed to be hard to see, which is what made them such a pain in the ass in the GB series.

3) Unfortunately no, I don't have a script. =/ I'd imagine it would make this screen easier to pull off.

4) Believe it or not, the discolored bricks at the top were actually in Oracle of Seasons. It seemed sort of weird at first, but after looking at it for so long it seems natural to me.

Part of the reason I submitted this shot is because I love getting feedback to improve in ZQuest. Most of the screen functions well, but the Thwomp (which is somewhat like a 2x2 trap) is perplexing me. Usually it descends when Link is right next to it and then you can walk across the top, but I'm not quite sure how to pull it off. Would anyone have any ideas?

Edited by Hergiswi, 26 June 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#24 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE(Hergiswi @ Jun 26 2012, 11:18 AM) View Post

Part of the reason I submitted this shot is because I love getting feedback to improve in ZQuest. Most of the screen functions well, but the Thwomp (which is somewhat like a 2x2 trap) is perplexing me. Usually it descends when Link is right next to it and then you can walk across the top, but I'm not quite sure how to pull it off. Would anyone have any ideas?

Shoelace had one of those smaller thwomps in Hero of Dreams. It probably used combo cycling and a temporary trigger or something to cause it to attack when you approach it. In that quest you can's walk on top of it though. I can't think of a good way to do that only using combo cycling.

#25 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:33 PM

Shane - 4 votes = 7.84%
Ventus - 5 votes = 9.80%
Hergiswi - 3 votes = 5.88%
Gonken - 4 votes = 7.84%
Nolornbon - 3 votes = 5.88%
Marco - 8 votes = 15.69%
PrinceMSC - 24 votes = 47.06%