Photo

Screenshot of the Week 372

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 372 (56 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:43 PM

Shane
IPB Image
ITS A SECRET TO EVERYBODY!

Ventus
IPB Image

Hergiswi
IPB Image

Gonken
IPB Image
hi

Nolornbon
IPB Image
Nikki's journey has taken her into the depths of a large sewer with a village in it.

Marco
IPB Image
Equestrian Palette

PrinceMSC
IPB Image
Far from home.

#2 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

PrinceMSC wins my vote icon_smile.gif

Marco is in a close second place. Very beautiful palette and all around screen design!

Everyone else is good, but nothing cough my attention.

#3 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

Shane:
What's the "secret," where Link is hiding?...

Nice, basic outdoor screen, but without any subscreen, player character, enemies, or other details, it's too generic to think much else.

Ventus:
That's a nice Classic-style screen you've got going there. Simple, but good. Could be a little cramped, though, depending.

The subscreen needs work. The "Hit Points" label is closer to the tech bar than the hearts. Heck, you might just want to do away with both labels. I would put the tech bar below the hearts either way, though. That's how almost all games do it. And spread out the icons on the right half of the subscreen to look less cramped.

Hergiswi:
Hey, does this use a side-view ladder script? Very nice. icon_smile.gif This is a screen I'd love to see in action, because if it does what it looks like it does, that'd be tough to pull off in ZC. I hope you succeeded.

Nice graphics, too. The bats are very hard to see, but I'm going to assume that was intentional.

Gonken:
Hmm, interesting pale palette there; it's a little purplish. This is a nice Classic screen, to be sure, but there's not much to distinguish it.

Nolornborn:
A village in the middle of a sewer...? They'd better have a darn good reason to be living there, because that's pretty nasty, and extremely unhealthy. Even for a video game.

The design isn't bad, but it's a little too "busy."

Marco:
Ahh, I see you've made some changes to a few commonly used Pure graphics. That's nice. Some DoR graphics in there, too. This is a good-looking screen, though the walk flags are not very obvious, so I suppose its functionality depends on whether the flippers are a part of your quest.

PrinceMSC:
Wow, very impressive. icon_smile.gif Your tile-drawing skills continue to show through. This is a simple transition screen, but still... Link is there, and it has a presence of sorts.

I'd still prefer to see some enemies or a subscreen or something, but everything else is so well-done that it wins my vote anyway. So there ya go.

#4 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

I voted for Ventus it's the only one that really appealed to me.
The fancier screens felt like, been there done that to me.

#5 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

I voted for the Half-Blood PrinceMSC. Neither of the other shots look that great IMO. icon_shrug.gif

#6 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:34 AM

Marco snagged my vote this week.

#7 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:57 AM

Wow. It comes down to Marco and PrinceMSC for me. Prince's is quite appealing due to the tileset, but also very contrasty... I thought I was looking at mountains suspended in space at first. Marco also has some nice colors, though the water seems strangely busy... it's like it doesn't meld well with the rest of the screen. Still, I think I will side with Marco here. Good work, everyone. icon_smile.gif

#8 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:16 AM

Shane's is the most refreshing of the bunch to me, with that palette on those GBC graphics. The layout is nothing fancy, but that is a good thing in this case. The placement of the objects is well done. As soon as the image loaded I wanted to vote for it.

Hergiswi: I'm interested in seeing this one in action! It has better tile placement than the previous shot I'd seen from you. Also, captures the Gameboy feel fairly well. Well done.

#9 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:05 AM

Prince's got this one by the balls yet again.

Marco, you've got a very close second, though.

#10 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

Shane :
Design and palette area great, and it looks like it's from somewhere in the beginning, with bushes blocking the path. Do the rocks have any purpose?

Ventus :
Standard PZC Classic screen. :)
The ground detail may be too crowded.

Hergiswi
Look's interesting, what is the blue thing?

Gonken
hi

I wanted to do something simple, making a classic screen with classic design, I combined my favorite design elements from the game and made a custom palette on top of that. Didn't intend to win. :P

Nolornbon
Looks like houses inside a dungeon :p. The orange is a bit repetitive but the green looks okay.

Marco
Looks like most of your screens, feels a bit too open in some places. Otherwise good design.

PrinceMSC
I like those bridges a lot, and the design is good as usual. The purple water blends in good with these tiles too, compared to the light blue water used last time.

#11 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

I wish there was a good female character for the classic set, because I am in need of one. Is that a tar pit in your shot, PrinceMSC? I have had dreams about there being a tar dungeon in Ocarina Of Time. Maybe you plan to make a tar dungeon?

#12 InvertedMean

InvertedMean

Initiate

• Members

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

vote ma brotha

dat gonk design.

#13 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE(InvertedMean @ Jun 25 2012, 09:48 AM) View Post

vote ma brotha

dat gonk design.

This. Just made my day.

Shane: You already posted this screen, so I'm not fond of seeing it again here. 6/10

Ventus: The design is pleasant, but the palette is below par. I feel more contrast would be better. 2/10

Hergiswi: I see what you aimed for but, I don't know I don't like the design or screen. It feels empty without order. 2/10

Gonken: Simple, open and flowing. Exquisite palette and harmony. 5/10

Nolornbon: Your screens often clash in perspective and the palettes are horrible. The design is crammed and the color is loud. 1/10

PrinceMSC
: Damn. 10/10

#14 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

Shane - B
Pretty nice what you have here. Would be even cooler in the player.

Ventus - B-
It's not bad, although something about the flower arrangements bother me. Perhaps it doesn't feel right colorwise when combined with that plain ground color. I dunno.

Hergiswi - A-
That looks like a lot of fun. The hint of bricks near the torches is a very nicely added touch as well.

Gonken - C+
Nothing wrong with using classic, but this screen is nothing special. It works, but I can't really go with anything beyond that.

Norlonbon - A-
Very nice! I can see you getting mixed responses on the coloring, although I really like it.

Marco - A-
Fantastic usage of an autumn setting, and thus where most of my rating goes. Might be one too many tree colors though, thus slightly overdone in that aspect. I find it distracting once one screen uses more than three colors for tree leaves, but again, not a huge deal.

PrinceMSC - A
Now this just reaches for perfection, thus my highest possible rating. (Colleges don't do A+, kids icon_razz.gif) When you know you really like something to the point that you barely have to say anything, it's among the very best.

Prince easily gets my vote. The rest is a competition for second, although there were still many other great screens this week.

#15 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:23 AM

I went with Prince, too. It has the special something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users