• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#121 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 03 October 2020 - 02:40 PM

News that came out of Steve & Alex's Presentation:

-Steve can mine stages for resources that he can use for his attacks or creating stronger versions of his tools.

-Steve's moveset uses a sword, Pickaxe, Axe, Blocks, Minecart, TNT Barrel, and more.

-Final Smash is called House of Boom. Steve uses a piston to launch the opponent into a house full of Creepers and TNT Blocks. The house explodes with the opponent inside and Steve taunts by appearing and eating a steak.

-His stage has 6 different versions that are picked at random.

-Only has 7 songs, 6 of them are rearrangements. All the songs are from spinoffs and minigames like Minecraft Earth & Minecraft Dungeons. None are from the original game because they couldn't use them (and Sakurai said that they sounded too relaxing for fighting).

-New Mii Costumes are Creeper (from Minecraft), Pig (from Minecraft), Diamond Armor (from Minecraft), Gil (from Tower of Drugra), Bomberman, and the big Mii Costume reveal this time is....Travis Touchdown (from Travis....I mean, No More Heroes. Why do they keep doing that?).

-Steve and Alex come out on October 13th.

-Banjo & Kazooie, Terry, and Byleth (Male Byleth only) are getting amiibo. They come out in 2021.

Edited by KEM64, 04 October 2020 - 02:00 PM.

• Matthew likes this

#122 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 11 December 2020 - 12:09 AM

A new character was revealed during the Game Awards. Who did it turn out to be?

Spoiler

Edited by KEM64, 11 December 2020 - 12:11 AM.

• Anthus, Twilight Knight and Bagu like this

#123 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 December 2020 - 12:58 AM

I think they forgot that other Final Fantasy games exist

#124 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 11 December 2020 - 01:52 AM

Given how little anything Cloud came with, I'm surprised to see another Final Fantasy character, even one from the same game. Is it going to be just him, a stage, and two tracks again?

#125 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 17 December 2020 - 11:57 PM

Information Revealed from Sephiroth's Presentation:

-Mii Fighters were revealed first this time. New Costumes of Barret, Tifa, & Aerith as well as the return of the Chocobo Costume and....unfortunately for Super Mario RPG fans who wanted this character as a fighter....the return of the Geno Mii Costume.

-New stage is Northern Cave, which shows things like Holy being unleashed, the Meteor, and the Lifestream trying to stop the Meteor.

-Sephiroth's Final Smash is Supernova, which does damage and inflicts status effects on those who got hit by it.

-Cloud's P2 variation has an updated Final Smash.

-Sephiroth's Classic Mode pits him against all the bosses in the game (except Galeem and Dharkon).

-9 songs added. They come from Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VII Advent Children. 2 of the songs are One Winged Angel (Original and AC's version). Others include Aerith's Theme, Cosmo Canyon, and AC's version of Those Who Fight Further.

-Sephiroth arrives on December 22nd. HOWEVER....If you already pre-ordered the Sephiroth DLC or bought the Fighters Pass Vol. 2, you get access to the "Sephiroth Challenge". This limited time event (From now until December 22nd) pits you against Sephiroth and has multiple difficulties. If you win, you'll unlock Sephiroth and his stage right away instead of having to wait until the actual release.

That's it. Wait, I didn't hear anything about new spirits during the presentation.

• Twilight Knight likes this

#126 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 18 December 2020 - 11:43 AM

There are still four spots reserved in the DLC spirit board, so I expect there will be some.

#127 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 19 December 2020 - 02:59 AM

I'm waiting for the ultimate ULTIMATE re-release with all DLC included. They're kinda taking the piss at this point.

#128 FieryBirdyThing

FieryBirdyThing

Junior

• Members

Posted 19 December 2020 - 07:05 AM

Judging by Mario Kart 8 and its 'Deluxe' re-release, I'd imagine an 'ultimate Ultimate' likely won't happen until the next console, whenever that will be.

#129 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 19 December 2020 - 08:55 PM

Well MK8 was among the many Wii U re-releases due to that console underperforming. Given the success of the Switch, we probably won't have a SSBU port on the next console - it'll be a new entry, if anything. That's my guess anyway.

#130 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 19 January 2021 - 04:05 PM

All of the leaks/articles/speculation floating around on the internet saying that the next DLC character is 

Spoiler
have me on the edge of my seat. Somewhere in the absolute DEPTHS of this forum is a thread about Brawl, and my dream move set for this and I just aghdsi;ghdsogsafsa

probs fake but I NEED IT

Edited by Adem, 19 January 2021 - 04:05 PM.

#131 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 17 February 2021 - 06:35 PM

Nintendo just had a 50 Minute Direct showing off new games coming out in the next 6 months (and 1 coming in 2022), and the Direct started with the reveal of the next character of Fighter's Pass 2:

Spoiler

Edited by KEM64, 17 February 2021 - 06:43 PM.

#132 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 February 2021 - 12:04 AM

Wow, that direct was awful. Come on Nintendo, it's been years now. Give us something exciting.
  • Shane likes this

#133 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 February 2021 - 02:23 AM

Banjo and Pyra are the only two DLC fighters I've had any interest in so far.

That's not to say I don't think the other spots weren't deserved, but I'd been hoping for Xenoblade 2 rep since... the game's announcement. Which, if I'm honest, a rep should've been in the game from the start. Along with an ARMS rep. So in that sense it's a little disappointing, but hey, I'll take her, and I'm glad they put her in without Rex. I love Xenoblade 2, and I think Rex as a character is fine, but admittedly he was my least-favorite of the main cast. Personally I wish they had used Nia instead but I knew that was never going to happen.

So I'm okay with it. I was mildly annoyed they decided to cover up Mythra in her previous spirit art, but, while I was initially frustrated they did the same to Pyra... I actually kind of like it now. Although now I'm just amused because they didn't modify Pyra's spirit but they did her model. Well, whatever.

#134 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 04 March 2021 - 10:35 AM

Information revealed from Pyra and Mythra's Presentation:

-Pyra & Mythra can change into the other one with the Down B special.

-Pyra is the power character (Does more damage), Mythra is the speed one (Attacks faster).

-Mythra's Foresight move is in 1 of her dodges (She still takes damage, but less then it would have been).

-B, Side B, and Up B are some of their specials from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 like Blazing End for Pyra's Side B, & Mythra getting 2 Up B specials (Ray of Punishment, and Chorma Dust if the B button is held down while recovering).

Spoiler

-Rex appears in their taunts and assists in their Final Smash (Blazing Sword for Pyra, Sacred Arrow for Mythra).

-Final Smashes differ (Pyra's is based on getting KOs while Mythra's is based on racking up damage).

-When copying either one of them, Kirby actually does a bit more damage with the B Special than the actual character he's copying's B special.

-Stage is Cloud Sea of Alrest, which has fighters fight on the back of Azurda as he travels through the Cloud Sea. The other party members from XC2 and their primary Blades make cameo appearances. The other Titans and Argentum also appear in the background and Azurda turns his head to look at them (which changes the stage a bit and could mess up recovery attempts).

-Songs include a bunch of area themes from XC2 like Argentum, battle themes like You will Recall our Names (The Unique Monster Battle Theme), a remix of Tiger! Tiger! for some reason (1 of a few remixes), and the battle theme from Torna: The Golden Country. These songs can also be played on Gaur Plains.

-Spirit Board has the party members from XC2 (and Rex's spirit can now be enhanced), villains like Malos, Lora from Torna: The Golden Country, and....

Spoiler

-Mii costumes are the return of the Monster Hunter costumes (Hunter equipment & Rathalos equipment, plus a Felyne hat) and Arthur (from Ghosts n' Goblins). The Mii Costume reveal portion was surprisingly short this time. Even more surprising, there were no Xenoblade Chronicles 2 costumes revealed (Sorry to anyone who wanted a Tora, Morag, Zeke, and/or Lora costume).

-You won't have to wait long for Pyra and Mythra. They arrive later today!

Edited by KEM64, 04 March 2021 - 10:58 PM.

• Adem likes this

#135 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 05 March 2021 - 09:52 AM

I was initially bummed at the Pyra/Mythra announcement (see: like four posts ago lol), but I'm willing to admit when I was wrong about something. :upside: They're a very fun combination of power and speed and you can do some interesting things by changing quickly between characters. I think they'll probably end up a regular for me.

I've never played the Xenoblade games but evidently their marketing strategy is working on me because now I'm tempted...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users