11 replies to this topic

#1 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 November 2007 - 07:51 AM

Review of Origin by DarkFlameWolf
Reviewed by: CastChaos

This quest is what people commonly call 1st quest "remake", but DFW rather calls it "reinvisioning". True, this is a gigantic upgrade to the 1st quest. And the biggest shining: this quest comes with three difficulty modes, all are different, and connecting to each other. Beating the second mode automatically places you into third mode, with keeping all of your items!

The overworld layout is basically the same as in the original LoZ, but bettered with the Pure tileset and improved Minish Cap tiles. The overworld is partitione into a lot of areas, all with its own palette, music, design and feeling. Exploring is a very important thing, especially if you are playing the second difficulty mode, where finding the secrets makes playing the third mode easier, and possibly more fun! The connection between the modes is more living you would think: you can find hidden rooms and strange ornaments in the first mode, but they get an use only in the harder modes.

The dungeons have totally different gameplay, while keeping the name and formation of the original ones... well, at the hardest mode, they get really varied. The theme remains the same, for example in the original LoZ, Level 6 could be considered the ghost dungeon, so in Origin, there are a lot of wizzrobes and you can change between the material and spiritual plane. There are even minigames to spice the fun.

This quest only can be played well on the Lost Isle/Origin specific ZC build!

GET THE LOST ISLE ZC BUILD HERE:
========================
http://www.sephiroth...-Isle-Build.zip
or here
http://edc-info.net/...-Isle-Build.zip
or here
http://www.zshare.ne...2803393d7c3d04/

For Linux users, here is your build link:
http://www.sephiroth...le-Build.tar.gz

And for our lovely mac users: http://www.sephiroth...e-Build-Mac.zip

I give this quest a 3/3. 1 point for graphics. 1 point for design. And 1 point for overall quest play.
3 thumbs up on this one. icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif
This is how DFW turns the 1st quest into a wonderquest.

Feel free to post YOUR own feelings about this new quest here. We prefer you rate it in the Database, but you may here as well.
Remember to ask your "how do I..." questions in the CQD forum.

#2 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:12 PM

This quest is definitely the greatest remake of both 1st and 2nd quests of the Original Zelda I have ever played. Those who think this is just another 'remake,' you haven't even tried to play this quest.

#3 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 25 November 2007 - 04:36 PM

I'm playing the quest but can't find Level 2 and the bottle. Any hints from anybody. Also, I have brought quite abit of stuff but no bottle.

#4 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 25 November 2007 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE(sctmorgan @ Nov 25 2007, 05:36 PM)  

I'm playing the quest but can't find Level 2 and the bottle. Any hints from anybody. Also, I have brought quite abit of stuff but no bottle.

You can't ask it here, sctmorgan!

Ask for help here.

#5 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:21 AM

Wow, this is old but I just noticed you reviewed Origin. LOL When did I miss this? Thanks! XD

#6 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:04 AM

I have a small question, I started to play this quest in latest 2.5 beta, now I noticed it probably only work in another specific build. Do I need to restart my quest or is the latest 2.5 versions capable of playing this also, since the quest was submitted in 2007? icon_neutral.gif

#7 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:07 AM

I probably would have asked this in the General ZC Discussion or the Custom Quest Discussion, but that's not going to stop me from answering. icon_razz.gif

I've heard that it can work in the newer builds, but if you want a sure-fire means of playing it without problems, then yes, you will have to restart on the Lost Isle specific build, unfortunately.

#8 That1LinkDude

That1LinkDude

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:27 PM

Does the lost isle specific build have a launcher?

That's the only way I can get zelda classic to work on my computer

#9 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:11 PM

No it, doesn't, but I'm pretty sure if you copy the Zlaunch file from a newer beta (or the Zlaunch file and manifest file from 2.10.2) into the Lost Isle Folder, it will work.

#10 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE(Russ @ Apr 12 2010, 11:11 PM)  

No it, doesn't, but I'm pretty sure if you copy the Zlaunch file from a newer beta (or the Zlaunch file and manifest file from 2.10.2) into the Lost Isle Folder, it will work.

Yes, it will definitely work if you do this. I have a launcher set-up in just about every version of ZC I have on my PC, and not one of them give me problems. icon_wink.gif

In the future, however, please post questions regarding ZC itself in the General ZC Discussion area. This thread is intended for discussion of the quest itself, not the version needed.

#11 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:02 PM

So who here has actually tried the Dome of Trials in the 3rd quest and succeeded?

#12 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:13 PM

I believe I may have...I kinda cheated and skipped over the 2nd quest though. (I used another build and pressed enter after beating the first quest to get to the first screen with all my items. Not sure if this works in the LI build...)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users