Stream

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#271 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:26 PM

Ok, but don't eliminate straight non-randomized playthroughs of other games as an option please.

#272 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:21 PM

There's Z1 randomizers in ZC, not sure if they're any worse or better.

#273 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:47 PM

They're too long. :P

#274 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:01 AM

Watching SMW rando now. Gave you a bad time, but that's one I'd really like to play as it seems like a whole new game with diff enemies because that changes level strategy. Also minus infinite points for trashing Mega Man 2. That game is amazingly awesome.  :aggravated:

#275 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:07 PM

Hey now, I'm allowed to hold the opinion that that game has a laundry list of problems that its fans are too stubborn to acknowledge. :P

• Anthus and Russ like this

#276 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:31 PM

Oh whoops, did I never announce this here? Well, remember back when I did that "Twelve Hour Speedrun Challenge" stream where I learned the regular ALttP run? I'm gonna be another one of those challenges, this time for Crusader of Centy, which I hadn't even played until last year. The reason I picked that game is for multiple factors. It's partially a meme in the sense that Crusader of Centy was occasionally referred to as the Genesis's answer to A Link to the Past, which as we all know I'm obsessed with. It's also because I actually like that game, and, after watching the any% world record for it, the run actually looks... pretty cool. It's under an hour and there are a handful of neat tricks and skips that make me actually kind of enthusiastic about learning it. It doesn't seem too hard on the surface, but we shall find out for sure once we give it a shot on Sunday.

So yeah, we'll start off watching the tutorial and taking notes from that, watching the WR run again to see if it does anything different from the tutorial, practicing during both of those segments and then we'll do some full runs! This should be interesting and I can't wait to try it out. So hope to see some of you there!

#277 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:03 PM

Once again wanna mention that tomorrow's the 12 Hour Challenge stream! Starting at noon EST (thirteen hours from this post) and going until midnight, learning Crusader of Centy any%! Should be fun, and I'm looking forward to it.

#278 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:39 PM

Another 12-hour stream is a success! It went well from beginning to end and I quite enjoyed learning/running the game. Managed to get three full runs in, could've been four, but there were two runs I had to put down early. Overall though, I had a great time, and finished off with an any% time of 56:45! I managed to save almost twelve minutes of time off the previous run in the process, which I found amazing, especially since sub-hour was my goal. If you like, you can check out that run here before it goes up to YouTube, and the entire stream has been preserved here even though I don't blame anyone for never wanting to watch it all. 

Thanks to everyone who hung out or stopped by! I had a great time and hope you all did as well. :)

#279 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:35 PM

Hey now, I'm allowed to hold the opinion that that game has a laundry list of problems that its fans are too stubborn to acknowledge. :P

Disliking something isn't the same as a design flaw tho.

#280 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

And I'd argue Megaman 2 has multiple design flaws, but I'm not gonna argue that here. I did that three years ago already in my rants thread. Probably more strongly-written than I would've worded it today but the points in it still stand.

#281 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:54 PM

Streaming sometime tonight, a birthday stream, late one, not entirely sure what time I'll be starting but I'll be doing some kind of Randomizer variant. One that's not Triforce Hunt; I love the mode but I'm gonna insert some sort of variety thing for birthday's sake. See you guys there!

#282 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:01 PM

I love it when this happens twice in one seed:

https://clips.twitch...oundTirePRChase

https://clips.twitch...yZebraBlargNaut

Here's the highlight of the stream as well:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/176093623

And soon, hopefully, things will get even more smooth to play, because I finally put in an order for this bad boy. The 360 controller served me decently for a while, but the bad chord coupled with the lack of precision a good d-pad would give me means I needed to... upgrade, I guess? And plus, it would feel better playing SNES games with a SNES-like pad anyway.

#283 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:17 AM

I love it when this happens twice in one seed:

https://clips.twitch...oundTirePRChase

https://clips.twitch...yZebraBlargNaut

Here's the highlight of the stream as well:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/176093623

And soon, hopefully, things will get even more smooth to play, because I finally put in an order for this bad boy. The 360 controller served me decently for a while, but the bad chord coupled with the lack of precision a good d-pad would give me means I needed to... upgrade, I guess? And plus, it would feel better playing SNES games with a SNES-like pad anyway.

Those controllers are pretty nifty, and that's a good price. They're 25$+ at Microcenter, and oddly enough, they have a kiosk for them there (With Shovel Knight on Steam of all games). The buttons aren't exactly the same in feel, but if you're playing a SNES game on PC, it's as close as you can get without hard-wiring a SNES controller to a USB cord, which is technically possible :P

#284 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:23 AM

Possible, but I'm lazy. 

• Anthus likes this

#285 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:30 AM

I'm considering if I want to do any special streams for October, but I'm not usually one to do the "spook" theme. I might revisit some Castlevania games because that's the closest thing I can get and I love those. Maybe 1, 3, 4, Symphony of the Night, Aria of Sorrow. Could be fun. Someone else suggested Ghosts 'n' Goblins, which could be fun because I've never played it before, and have wanted to but have also been hesitant. I sure as hell ain't beating it twice though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Stream

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users