• Members

Posted 19 October 2005 - 05:51 PM

When will HoD be released in November?

#2 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 19 October 2005 - 05:57 PM

As it says in my sig., it will be released in November. But with school and such, again it my change. So I will change my release date to November/December to be safe. There is no way it will be delayed futher than December, so you don't have to worry about that. icon_razz.gif

Anyways, again sorry for the delay, this semester has been busier than I think it would be. Also, since I am submiting things to the Fall Expo, then took a lot of time away from the project.

#3 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:05 PM

umm... could you give me the HoD demo 4 file?

EDIT: You deleted the file from the filespace link.

Edited by XdragonSB, 19 October 2005 - 06:06 PM.

#4 Anthus

Anthus

the wild-eyed boy from freecloud

• Forum Moderators

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:18 PM

Damn dude, this is like the 15,000,000th delay icon_razz.gif

I can't wait for this quest. I will be sure to actually finish playing through this one...

#5 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:32 PM

Don't apologize; you have no obligation to release HoD by a certain date.

Also, assuming that Demo 4 is your submission to the Expo, where's Demo 3? I've only seen 2 so far.

#6 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 19 October 2005 - 08:24 PM

Actually "The Hero of Dreams" will not be making an apperance at the Fall Expo. There has been only 2 demos of the game, and I think that is good enough, since I don't want to give away everything in the demos. I want the game to have surprises.

What XdragonSB was talking about was beta 4, as he is a tester. I will PM you XdragonSB when I upload the beta for you. Though, I don't have any time to do it now, please allow me to finish a couple of school things and in a week the upload should be avaible. So just await the PM (in a week).

Also, yes I have been really bad with release dates. The first actual release date was August of 2004. That was a long time ago. But I am a perfectionist and I don't want to release a game that doesn't fit my vision. But I will try my best to finish it ASAP. icon_razz.gif

#7 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:45 PM

Well! That is quite a delay, but at least you're following through. When I design quests, I have the tendancy to delay, and delay, and delay, until I realize I haven't worked on the quest in months. icon_heh.gif

Looks great, though. icon_thumbsup.gif I'm excited for its release.

#8 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:56 PM

Actually "The Hero of Dreams" will not be making an apperance at the Fall Expo. There has been only 2 demos of the game, and I think that is good enough, since I don't want to give away everything in the demos. I want the game to have surprises.

I agree; having too many demos detracts from the quality of the full version. It's like reading a book when you already know the ending.

Also, yes I have been really bad with release dates. The first actual release date was August of 2004. That was a long time ago. But I am a perfectionist and I don't want to release a game that doesn't fit my vision. But I will try my best to finish it ASAP.

Don't rush; I'd rather wait than have you compromise the quality of the game. It'll be finished when it's finished, and no sooner.

That aside, I'm eager to play HoD when it comes out.

#9 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 04 November 2005 - 07:49 PM

Soo... waht is the approximate date of Hod ganna be released? It's november now...

#10 Naldrag

Naldrag

Weeb Trash

• Members

Posted 19 December 2005 - 04:24 PM

Eh... tis a old topic but....... Still going for a release this month? Or have you delayed it again?

#11 Anthus

Anthus

the wild-eyed boy from freecloud

• Forum Moderators

Posted 19 December 2005 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE(XdragonSB)
Soo... waht is the approximate date of Hod ganna be released? It's november now...

I'm not trying to be mean here, but you just don't seem to understand the fact that he does not know! Jeez man, lay off, if I was him, I'd be so annoyed because every other day I get asked about its release time icon_sweat.gif

#12 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 20 December 2005 - 02:01 AM

Well, my computer is basically fixed, so now I am resuming progress as I said as I said in the testing thread. But, again I am bad at release dates. So, lets just say the game will be released in 2006. icon_razz.gif

#13 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

ยท

• Members

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:39 AM

Frankly, I really don't find this to be an issue at all. I believe Shoelace is the only one qualified to be making any estimates here, so why even bother asking? icon_razz.gif

The simple point is, it'll be done when it's done.

#14 Skipper

Skipper

Magus

• Members

Posted 23 December 2005 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE(BH4 @ Dec 20 2005, 10:39 AM)
Frankly, I really don't find this to be an issue at all.  I believe Shoelace is the only one qualified to be making any estimates here, so why even bother asking? icon_razz.gif

The simple point is, it'll be done when it's done.

Yes, I agree: Dont rush a person making a game, it would only make him/her make the game a little worse, due to rushing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users