• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE(Moosh @ Jul 10 2012, 02:37 PM) View Post
I have to admit, Skyward Sword link was probably the most feminine Link yet. I mean he wears earings! Sure, they protect him from fire, but they're still earings.

Aw, c'mon, Skyward Sword's not even the first time he's worn earrings.

link

#32 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

The best part is that Link didn't have them as a kid in OoT. They just magically showed up after he was sealed away for seven years. I think we can say Rauru had a sense of fashion that he likes imposing on others.

#33 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

And you forgot TP Link.

I never commented on this topic before, so I'll do that now: No one cares if your quest has gay characters. Just try not to make them gratingly flamboyant unless it's for the laughs, like Leeron in Gurren Lagann. And overbearing romance is retarded even if it's a heterosexual couple, so avoid that too.

#34 SUCCESSOR

SUCCESSOR

Apprentice

• Banned

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

I'm fairly certain Rauru did a lot more to Link than pierce his ears. Locked away alone for a thousand years and suddenly an unconscious boy shows up...

#35 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

I want to play a Zelda game where Link wears a black tunic, has black and red hair, has pale skin, and has a nose hair chain that connects to his earring.

Any of you who believe the statement I just said, please, just don't.

QUOTE(SUCCESSOR @ Jul 10 2012, 06:59 PM) View Post

I'm fairly certain Rauru did a lot more to Link than pierce his ears. Locked away alone for a thousand years and suddenly an unconscious boy shows up...

Not to mention the boy was unconscious for 7 years. I would bet Rauru even showed restraint for the first 2 years, but eventually had to give in.

#36 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE(Rambly @ Jul 10 2012, 01:53 PM) View Post

Aw, c'mon, Skyward Sword's not even the first time he's worn earrings.

link

I just never paid much attention to OoT or TP's concept art. In Skyward Sword, the earings were actually made an equipment item making it kinda hard to avoid.

#37 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE(Moosh @ Jul 10 2012, 06:36 PM) View Post
I just never paid much attention to OoT or TP's concept art. In Skyward Sword, the earings were actually made an equipment item making it kinda hard to avoid.
Well, there were a couple camera shots in OoT that pretty much centered on that side of Link's face. I honestly thought it was kind of hard to miss. icon_blah.gif I think the final cutscene when Zelda was sending Link back in time was one.

#38 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE(SUCCESSOR)

Shane: Played SS, Link is still gay...

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but I've played Skyward Sword three times each from start to finish, and I haven't seen one time his visually showing interest in a man. Can you please show me? Right now, it seems like you can't back up your argument with any sources other then the way he dresses according to the previous post. But that doesn't cut it, sadly, like, at all.

EDIT: I posted this by accident too early anyways on topic I'm cutting my answer short: have as many gay characters as you want, it shouldn't stop people from enjoying it. If it's them getting angry at your game, they have no need for it, it's just a game.

Edited by Shane, 10 July 2012 - 07:49 PM.

#39 SUCCESSOR

SUCCESSOR

Apprentice

• Banned

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE(NewJourneysFire @ Jul 10 2012, 04:38 PM) View Post

Not to mention the boy was unconscious for 7 years. I would bet Rauru even showed restraint for the first 2 years, but eventually had to give in.

Yep. It probably just started out as cleaning, refitting clothing, preventing muscle atrophy... but the body of a unconscious mid teen was too much for a lonely old Sage. After some innocent shaving and ear piercing... Whew... is it getting hot in here?

Shane: You were probably just distracted by those eyes...

#40 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Jul 10 2012, 03:27 PM) View Post
The best part is that Link didn't have them as a kid in OoT. They just magically showed up after he was sealed away for seven years. I think we can say Rauru had a sense of fashion that he likes imposing on others.
According to the official-ish manga, Impa pierced his ears when he returned to Kakariko as an adult.

#41 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 28 November 2022 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE(SUCCESSOR)

Shane: Played SS, Link is still gay...

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but I've played Skyward Sword three times each from start to finish, and I haven't seen one time his visually showing interest in a man. Can you please show me? Right now, it seems like you can't back up your argument with any sources other then the way he dresses according to the previous post. But that doesn't cut it, sadly, like, at all.

EDIT: I posted this by accident too early anyways on topic I'm cutting my answer short: have as many gay characters as you want, it shouldn't stop people from enjoying it. If it's them getting angry at your game, they have no need for it, it's just a game.

skyward sword link is gay wtf are you talking about shane!

it's cool to see gay characters in zc now : ]

• Eddy likes this

#42 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 28 November 2022 - 10:39 PM

No he is not

• Shane likes this

#43 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 28 November 2022 - 10:40 PM

im gay

• nicklegends, Taco Chopper, Shane and 1 other like this

#44 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 28 November 2022 - 10:43 PM

I never commented on this topic before, so I'll do that now: No one cares if your quest has gay characters. Just try not to make them gratingly flamboyant unless it's for the laughs, like Leeron in Gurren Lagann. And overbearing romance is retarded even if it's a heterosexual couple, so avoid that too.

shut the fuck up you ableist homophobe
  • Professor Bedwetter, Shane, Eddy and 3 others like this

#45 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators

Posted 28 November 2022 - 10:45 PM

im gay

ok *puts you in a ZC quest*
  • Shane likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic