Photo

Screenshot of the Week 29

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Which picture? (Voting ended) (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Which picture? (Voting ended)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 07 July 2003 - 09:13 PM

And the nominees are...

Dart Zaidyer
user posted image
The mini LttP graphics pack is coming along nicely, as you can see. There
are still issues with the trees here, so expect them to change next time.

Petoe
http://www.members.aol.com/finnishflesh/images/sotw29.bmp
MegaMan is on the MegaMall's roof. Cool, huh?

me2
[img]http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.geocities.com/ultimame2/Serienna01.bmp[/img]
I'm not telling you where this is! icon_razz.gif

FlameArrowStar
[img]http://www.freewebs.com/flamearrowstar/zelda002.bmp[/img]
And I do all this for a key...

Nick
user posted image
Another forest shot. How original I've become...

PS. If for some reason your picture isn't up here, just send it to me again, and I will make sure it gets posted next week.

#2 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 07 July 2003 - 10:00 PM

Dart Zaiyder gets my vote, mainly because its something different and quality too!

#3 FlameArrowStar

FlameArrowStar

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 08 July 2003 - 08:28 AM

Yay! Someone voted for me! Now...

Dart Zaiyder: Looks good, but a bad tile.

Petoe: *blinded by the custom tiles* Very nice, though I never liked MM since I couldn't beat any level... But I'll learn how. icon_twisted.gif

me2: There are a few bad tiles on this.

FlameArrowStar: ME! I can't boast about it though icon_razz.gif . All that is custom is my Player Tiles.

Nick: Now... HOW MANY FOREST SHOTS ARE YOU COMING WITH!!!!!! This is the... I forgot how many icon_razz.gif

Null Vote icon_twisted.gif

Edited by FlameArrowStar, 08 July 2003 - 08:31 AM.

#4 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 08 July 2003 - 09:58 AM

Hmm... Close battle. Seems like every picture has still a chance to get most votes... which is a good thing. icon_smile.gif

Let's take a look at the pictures

Dart Zaiyder: Nice looking mini LttP tiles, but there's more issues in the pic than just the trees. Looks too rushed to be in SOTW in my opinion.

Petoe... (Me) icon_rolleyes.gif : Well, it's my screenie, but now I realize that the picture is maybe too empty and the taxi looks bad, so it still needs a lot of work. But 100% in that picture is pure original tiles self made from the scratch...

me2: Maybe the best looking picture, but those tiles look so familiar. I have a feeling I've seen them somewhere else before icon_razz.gif Good pic anyway.

FlameArrowStar: Well... the room looks a little boring and the graphics aren't that nice either... but it isn't a bad picture at all.

Nick: How original have Nick become...

Hmm... I have to think who to give my vote to. Maybe null vote, maybe me2 or maybe myself icon_rolleyes.gif even if it would be quite selfish. But I love originality and I can see only 1 really original pic there...

#5 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 08 July 2003 - 11:27 AM

Hmm. Close week.
Dart Zaider: I almost voted for you. The bad tile doesn't bother me. It's a work in progress and I can't wait for a small LttP set.
Petoe: Nice custom tiles. Though the actual shot isn't all that great.
me2:Cool shot. I voted for this because it just looks interesting.
FlameArrow:Interesting. Though there has been a lot more to get a key. But, the screen is a little bland.
Nick: icon_smile.gif Another forest shot. Well, I don't care about that. It's just bland. Nothing much to that shot.

#6 FlameArrowStar

FlameArrowStar

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 08 July 2003 - 12:43 PM

me2 has some bad tiles!!!! Did anyone see them?!?!? Look at where the water reaches the cliff!!!!! It's not the correct tiles?!?!

#7 Lotus Eater

Lotus Eater

Wizard

• Members

Posted 08 July 2003 - 01:28 PM

Looks fine to me, Petoe gets my vote though, I just think it looks cool.

#8 Dart Zaidyer

Dart Zaidyer

Mystic Beard of Truth

• Members

Posted 08 July 2003 - 02:31 PM

Hmmm.

Me: Of course, I can only comment. I built this screen through a side-by-side comparison between ZQuest and Hyrule Magic. (LttP editor.) It's quite literally the closest you can get to the real thing using these tiles.
Even so, there's a loss of precision in a few places like the plateau where Link's house sits, mainly because fences, rocks and bushes are still at full size. (shrinking them would make no sense.) Plus, the palette for the treetops is ever so slightly wrong.

Petoe: This scene gives me doubts about the quality of the quest on display. The first thing that comes to mind is "bland".

me2: Another regurgitated Pure scene. The setup here screams "Look at me, I don't stand out in any way!"

FlameArrowStar: The HUD is nice. The scene is not.

Nick: Negative points for using Orion's LttP set right out of the box. Normally this wouldn't matter if the scene were at all interesting, but unfortunately it's not.

In all, a bland week where nothing really stands out. *null vote*

#9 Ielen

Ielen

Adept

• Members

Posted 08 July 2003 - 02:33 PM

I voted for Petoe because his screenshot is something different & uniquely nice (MM looks cool).

Me2 is my second favourite.

The rest of the screenshots are nice looking too.

So overall, good screenshots this week icon_smile.gif

#10 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 08 July 2003 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE(Dart Zaidyer @ Jul 8 2003, 09:31 PM)
Petoe: This scene gives me doubts about the quality of the quest on display. The first thing that comes to mind is "bland".

Well, just to let you all know, I've realized that the screenshot I submited this week is far away from the quality that the MegaMan quest really has. So please don't make any hasty judgements before you will see more screenies from me, ok? And the screen would look much better in action because of the animation that's going on (and which can't been seen in a screenshot) icon_unsure.gif

#11 Demimore

Demimore

Junior

• Banned

Posted 09 July 2003 - 07:52 AM

Dart Zaidyer's shot is stunning, I LOVE those tiles.

Nick's shot is pretty sweet too, an easy second place.

#12 FlameArrowStar

FlameArrowStar

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 09 July 2003 - 08:21 AM

Too bad I can't submit stuff other than ZC, I'm creating a sonic game icon_razz.gif Let me see if I can dish up another screen of my quest for SOTW.

Edited by FlameArrowStar, 09 July 2003 - 08:22 AM.

#13 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 09 July 2003 - 08:23 AM

I give up.

You people just can't make up your minds about what you want. icon_shrug.gif

#14 FlameArrowStar

FlameArrowStar

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 09 July 2003 - 12:34 PM

O_o even Nick's bland picture is beating me! O_o

#15 plith

plith

I've been thinking.

• Members

Posted 09 July 2003 - 01:59 PM

That's because his has that element of quality to it. Yours just plain sucks as far as looking at it goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users