#1 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:49 AM

Kmhcg4e.png?1  sqh9CvK.png?1

Chapter 5: The Power Bracelet

Welcome to another Inside Chapters. My focus is to have items in the quest that you will use throughout the game. We are going to look at an old but great item, The Power Bracelet.

Using the Power Bracelet, Link can grab objects and pick them up. This is used if you want to throw bushes at your foes, or if you need some to be heavier to press down a switch. It is a great item that you will be using throughout the quest.

One of my favorite things I scripted together was The Bomb Flowers two years ago. I must be a pyro, because I absolutely love blowing things up. There are three different 3 different types of bomb flowers. I went over two of them: Blue Bomb Flowers are normal, when picked up, you have a certain amount of time to throw them,and the Green ones are Remote Bomb Flowers. :D

Here is the video for Chapter 5:

• Ricky of Kokiri, Eddy, Sheik and 2 others like this

#2 Soma C.

Soma C.

Mr. Coreaix

• Members

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:24 AM

Awesome stuff, man.

Can't wait.  You're applying real Zelda mechanics to your quest and it shows.  Never seen such innovative stuff hit a ZC quest before!  Not to mention ambitious...

• Shoelace and Deedee like this

#3 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:27 AM

Awesome stuff, man.

Can't wait.  You're applying real Zelda mechanics to your quest and it shows.  Never seen such innovative stuff hit a ZC quest before!  Not to mention ambitious...

Thanks!  I am glad you like it so far.  All of these things really have been made in ZC before.  There are tons of talent on this site which I am really excited for the future. :)  But my goal is to create a balance.  Balance and design is probably the most important thing you can do when making a good.  No more how good your scripts are, it is way you execute them.  

• Avaro and Soma C. like this

#4 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 24 November 2016 - 12:06 PM

You accidently used a 4 there instead of a 5.

This is looking good! The script for the bomb flowers seems to be working flawless, although I remember chain reactions to be faster in OoT and PH, almost instant actually. It might make for better puzzles when its slower though, so I'm fine with it.

Edited by Avataro, 24 November 2016 - 12:06 PM.

#5 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 24 November 2016 - 12:41 PM

Wow this is fantastic, did it take you a while to learn how to script

#6 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 24 November 2016 - 12:59 PM

You accidently used a 4 there instead of a 5.

This is looking good! The script for the bomb flowers seems to be working flawless, although I remember chain reactions to be faster in OoT and PH, almost instant actually. It might make for better puzzles when its slower though, so I'm fine with it.

Fixed.  Thanks for catching that.

Yeah, I slowed it down a little bit.  I have a puzzle kinda like the OoT tower that crashes down and it looks better when it is slower.  If more people think otherwise, I can speed it up, doesn't affect things, it more of a preference. :)

Wow this is fantastic, did it take you a while to learn how to script

It took me a long while.  I still don't have enemies and Tango very well though. >_<

#7 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:09 PM

Wow, I gues I have a long hall ahead of me then if I am to learn myself. Also good luck to you on your quest to finish this quest 😀

Edited by Nightmeres, 24 November 2016 - 02:47 PM.

#8 Soma C.

Soma C.

Mr. Coreaix

• Members

Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:45 PM

Thanks!  I am glad you like it so far.  All of these things really have been made in ZC before.  There are tons of talent on this site which I am really excited for the future. :)  But my goal is to create a balance.  Balance and design is probably the most important thing you can do when making a good.  No more how good your scripts are, it is way you execute them.  

Ah, ok.  I've played a bunch of quests but clearly not enough if I haven't seen such awesome scripts.  Looking forward all the more to see how well you implement cool stuff to existing stuff lol

:)

#9 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:57 PM

As someone who wasn't a big fan of Hero of Dreams, I'm really looking forward to this. The lovely screen design, the items, all those sort of things. Can't wait for the next!

Edited by Dimentio, 24 November 2016 - 04:57 PM.

#10 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:23 PM

I can only agree with everybody else that things are looking great. What I want to add is that you did a good job on that Link sprite sheet, too: spriting all the pulling and throwing sprites (plus all the other stuff like the "emotions"/expressions or the water dripping down you showed in earlier episodes) must have been a lot of work and I think it's indicative of just how much care you are putting into the details. Keep up the good work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users