Photo

DarkMatt's "Fun in the Sun" 8-bit Extraordinaire!

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#16 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE(Lukaz @ Jun 14 2010, 06:46 PM) View Post

Cosmo, I can´t find out the combination of the puzzle in level 3. Please PM me the solution icon_cry.gif

5 blocks should be pushed to the west, push the other 5 near the entrance to the east. I don't have a pic, sorry icon_neutral.gif
  • discipleofweb likes this

#17 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE(cosmofield @ Jun 14 2010, 11:02 AM) View Post

5 blocks should be pushed to the west, push the other 5 near the entrance to the east. I don't have a pic, sorry icon_neutral.gif

Thanks cosmo for puzzle tips. Have beaten level 3 & 4, and have now a hard time in level 5. I wonder if I for now could have better items, have just blue ring and white sword. Problems with the lower eastmost room, the chest disappear when entering the room. The upper eastmost room seems to be emty, or is it ?? - It looks like I spend a key for nothing there. A very hard level. icon_eek.gif

#18 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE(Lukaz @ Jun 14 2010, 10:55 PM) View Post

Thanks cosmo for puzzle tips. Have beaten level 3 & 4, and have now a hard time in level 5. I wonder if I for now could have better items, have just blue ring and white sword. Problems with the lower eastmost room, the chest disappear when entering the room. The upper eastmost room seems to be emty, or is it ?? - It looks like I spend a key for nothing there. A very hard level. icon_eek.gif

I think Blue ring was accessible from the start, and white sword can be picked after level 1 (need one loose HP also) Anyway, there's two rooms with dissapearing chests, the first room (near the entrance) you need to walk a specific path (north and then east) in that room. The other room can be reached through a bombable wall. I'm also stuck in level 5, have found the book but can't reach it, Have 2 keys but I think I need the wand because there's a statue in one room. There's also a dark stone in one room, maybe need the 2nd bracelet. X_x

IPB Image

#19 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE(cosmofield @ Jun 14 2010, 04:14 PM) View Post

I think Blue ring was accessible from the start, and white sword can be picked after level 1 (need one loose HP also) Anyway, there's two rooms with dissapearing chests, the first room (near the entrance) you need to walk a specific path (north and then east) in that room. The other room can be reached through a bombable wall. I'm also stuck in level 5, have found the book but can't reach it, Have 2 keys but I think I need the wand because there's a statue in one room. There's also a dark stone in one room, maybe need the 2nd bracelet. X_x

IPB Image

I think you misunderstood me, I HAVE the blue ring and white sword but I want better items. I can see that we are at exactely same point and have same items, but you have 2 more hearts. Do you have any idea about the top most NE room ?- You have to use a key to go there, but nothing can be found. icon_blink.gif

Edited by Lukaz, 15 June 2010 - 12:46 AM.

#20 Darkmatt

Darkmatt

Pastel Heart

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE(cosmofield @ Jun 14 2010, 03:14 PM) View Post

It's fun watching you brainstorm.

Here's a hint: by the looks of your map, you were where the wand is.

Anyway to hide spoilers or do I have to resort to PMs to keep secrets?

#21 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:15 AM

We have a 'spoiler' BB code.

QUOTE(Darkmatt @ Jun 12 2010, 03:51 AM) View Post
"Fun in the Sun" is the product of me taking advantage of 2.5's new and extremely useful features with a side of fooling around. Since PureZC doesn't accept 2.5 quests and Zelda Classic is getting...umm...treatment, it's going to be hosted on mediafire for the time being.

ZC Realm accepts 2.5 quests.

#22 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE(Darkmatt @ Jun 15 2010, 10:04 AM) View Post

It's fun watching you brainstorm.

Here's a hint: by the looks of your map, you were where the wand is.

Anyway to hide spoilers or do I have to resort to PMs to keep secrets?

I can see one chest in one of the warp tile-rooms but I have trouble reach to it. Is the wand in there? And what's in the farmost north-east room? A locked door leading to a dead-end? icon_unsettled.gif

Ok, I got the magic book now but I still need a clue for the wand, only wandering in circles here... ¬_¬x

Edited by cosmofield, 15 June 2010 - 05:18 PM.

#23 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:00 AM

*bump*

Hello lukaz and vravelo, is anyone still playing this, I think I will put it on hold. icon_neutral.gif

#24 Darkmatt

Darkmatt

Pastel Heart

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:53 AM

If you're that stumped:
Spoiler

#25 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE(Darkmatt @ Jun 16 2010, 02:53 PM) View Post

If you're that stumped:
Spoiler

Thanks a lot, I've been to that room several times already, obviously it is something to find there, I didn't looked carefully enough. icon_biggrin.gif

Btw, the »midboss« could also be that room with all the Zols and flowing sand, really hard the first 2-3 times, those red stalfoses was very easy, use the candle and block their beams. ¬_¬

---

I didn't found a map in level 4. There's two rooms that apparently was empty: One room with a "spider" shape on the floor and the other room had 6 shooting statues and one of these small dragons, I feel that I forgot something in level 3 also because I have one unused key. icon_neutral.gif

Edited by cosmofield, 16 June 2010 - 09:28 AM.

#26 Darkmatt

Darkmatt

Pastel Heart

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE(cosmofield @ Jun 16 2010, 07:08 AM) View Post

Thanks a lot, I've been to that room several times already, obviously it is something to find there, I didn't looked carefully enough. icon_biggrin.gif

Btw, the »midboss« could also be that room with all the Zols and flowing sand, really hard the first 2-3 times, those red stalfoses was very easy, use the candle and block their beams. ¬_¬

---

I didn't found a map in level 4. There's two rooms that apparently was empty: One room with a "spider" shape on the floor and the other room had 6 shooting statues and one of these small dragons, I feel that I forgot something in level 3 also because I have one unused key. icon_neutral.gif

The midboss room is the one with the funky music. Also, arrows are the boy's best friend.

Took me until now to realize why that is. Sword shooters for some reason wasn't marked as an enemy that cannot be beaten. Since you can't kill the shooters, the map never appeared. It's fixed now. Not going to release an update IMMEDIATELY though. I'll wait until a couple more bugs come in. I think the other room you're talking about is intentionally empty, if it's the top-left one.

#27 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE(cosmofield @ Jun 16 2010, 06:00 AM) View Post

*bump*

Hello lukaz and vravelo, is anyone still playing this, I think I will put it on hold. icon_neutral.gif

I couldn´t do any progress in level 5 so I went level 6 and have got the flute there.
- How did you get the book in the corner ??

#28 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE(Lukaz @ Jun 16 2010, 05:18 PM) View Post

I couldn´t do any progress in level 5 so I went level 6 and have got the flute there.
- How did you get the book in the corner ??

You need to watch your steps in that room, I first walked down to the down-right corner (without the hidden block appearing) and then used arrow to kill all those gels. icon_unsettled.gif

So the flute is in level 6, need to return and look further, thanks. Thought that you need the flute to open the entrance. icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by cosmofield, 16 June 2010 - 10:26 AM.

#29 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:34 AM

Hi cosmos,I haven't played this quest yet
I'm a little reluctant to install v2.5 build
I downloaded and will install today
no news from lukaz -- he may be busy or something -- talk to you later
((really I'm far far far away from home today icon_eek.gif ))

quote name='cosmofield' date='Jun 16 2010, 07:00 AM' post='649942']
*bump*

[/quote]

#30 Darkmatt

Darkmatt

Pastel Heart

• Members

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:40 PM

Just to let you know, I've updated the post with a pretty important update. You should probably go get it RIGHT NOW.

Don't worry about your save files. They'll be fine. (Why'd you think this update would break them?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users