Photo

Custom Subscreen Screenshots

• Please log in to reply
1493 replies to this topic

#16 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:25 PM

Agh, thanks a lot Gashin, now I've got to work on my items for my quest/tileset. But the pallette wasn't balanced very well anyway.
Very nice subscreen though--I'm going to wait until most of the bugs are worked out.

#17 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:02 PM

Heh.. I'm using a sorta "trick" to get around the bug with the per-dmap subscreens...

user posted imageuser posted image

If you haven't noticed, but some of that information reguarding the dungeons is set via the "Minimap Graphics" on page 4 of the dmap editor. icon_wink.gif

EDIT: The "medallion" is actually the quiver.. I need to rip some quiver sprites into my quest... The bomb bag is not going to be used in my quest though. icon_razz.gif

Edited by Sephiroth, 11 August 2006 - 05:04 PM.

#18 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:36 PM

Very, very nice Gashin, Freedom, and Sephiroth! I like how Sephiroths' is 'organized'. I need to start playing with the subscreen editor some more.

#19 Skipper

Skipper

Magus

• Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:58 PM

"Organization reduces the limitations!"

...that came out of nowhere. Anyway, those subscreens are VERY nice. I especially like the style/element Gashin made his subscreen be. I don't know if those words describe it, but that's what I feel.
Freedom, yours is awesome, too. Just a little note, but how about a different background? I don't know much about the subscreen editor myself, but how about you make the background of the subscreen be a "map" of the current place you are at? Other than that, very nice.
And now, for Sephiroth. I LOVE the organization. Love it. I don't know whether it IS organized, but... it sure does look organized. Very good job.

Edited by skipper, 11 August 2006 - 05:59 PM.

#20 Sacred Nym

Sacred Nym

Wizard

• Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:57 PM

To be frank, they're all great.

#21 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:09 PM

... great. I can't do crap worth customizing a subscreen.

#22 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:19 PM

These are all fantastic. Suddenly I wonder if subscreens deserve their own category of submission for the database. It is not necessarily custom to one quest, it is not a tileset, and it is not a loose tile. Hmm... I gotta keep the site staff on their toes. Don't hurt me for saying that! icon_redface.gif

The only argument against it that I can think of is that it might not be broad enough to deserve its own category.

#23 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:15 PM

These are excellent. Can't wait for that tutorial Gashin!

#24 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE(Freedom @ Aug 11 2006, 11:24 AM)
Just curious, did you set your subscreen in your dmap?

View Post

Yes I did. ZC works if I play on a dmap with an unaltered subscreen, but it freezes when I move on to a dmap with the altered subscreen.

#25 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:40 PM

how... how did you master this so quickly...? icon_neutral.gif

#26 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:47 PM

Nobody has mastered it. icon_wink.gif
just slap you a copy of a tileset in 2.11b11 and start playing with it, then if you mess up you can just drop another copy of the tileset in over it and you've lost nothing and gained experience in how it works, what to do, and what not to do. icon_wink.gif

Yes I did. ZC works if I play on a dmap with an unaltered subscreen, but it freezes when I move on to a dmap with the altered subscreen.

Maybe you can start removing a piece at a time in the subscreen and trying it, until you find what you did that it doesn't like.

Edited by Freedom, 11 August 2006 - 11:50 PM.

#27 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:51 PM

But... they all just look.... so good... mine has a retarded grey backround which I don't know how to even fix.

#28 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE(Link75 @ Aug 11 2006, 05:36 PM)
Very, very nice Gashin, Freedom, and Sephiroth! I like how Sephiroths' is 'organized'. I need to start playing with the subscreen editor some more.

View Post

Link75: Just wait until you see the finalized subscreen and I place all my items/equipment onto it. icon_wink.gif You may think it's organized then...

QUOTE(skipper @ Aug 11 2006, 05:58 PM)
"Organization reduces the limitations!"

...that came out of nowhere. Anyway, those subscreens are VERY nice. I especially like the style/element Gashin made his subscreen be. I don't know if those words describe it, but that's what I feel.
Freedom, yours is awesome, too. Just a little note, but how about a different background? I don't know much about the subscreen editor myself, but how about you make the background of the subscreen be a "map" of the current place you are at? Other than that, very nice.
And now, for Sephiroth. I LOVE the organization. Love it. I don't know whether it IS organized, but... it sure does look organized. Very good job.

View Post

Organization is much better when working with a subscreen... You don't want to stick the ladder over in the area of selectable items or vice versa... I've had ZQuest crash on me plenty of times messing with the subscreen editor. icon_razz.gif

QUOTE(Mighty Darknut @ Aug 11 2006, 11:26 PM)

View Post

DMap-specific subscreens are still bugged.. What you should do is open a quest that contains no altered subscreens, and go to quest->misc data->subscreens and edit/overwrite the ones that are already there. That's how I did it.

#29 Love For Fire

Love For Fire

Adept

• Members

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:09 AM

Here's a shot of my new subscreen I made for my quest Oracle of Wind.

user posted image

There are still a few things I haven't ironed out. The sword is supposed to be to te left of the bow. The quiver will be next to the HCP once I get the tiles for it. Underneath the triforce is supposed to be the large map, but for some reason it won't appear. It appears on the old subscreen and I can't figure out what I'm doing different...

And please ignore the passive (bottom portion)... I have done nothing to that yet. I will be getting rid of all the redundancies such as the 2 game times and minimap titles.

I would like to have my hearts in 2 rows of 10. Is this now possible?

#30 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:22 AM

Love For Fire, I think that subscreen is a bit TOO organized. That, and the right side of the screen needs to be filled big time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users