The Darkness Within help

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#16 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:18 PM

How do i beat the werewolf with Dracus? It's seriously making me angry.

Edit: I finally killed Marcus and ZC crashed.

Edit 2: Now it didn't crashed when i beat it.

Edited by Norzan, 28 November 2015 - 06:15 PM.

#17 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:08 PM

Sorry about the crash... That's actually a bug with the version of ghost.zh, a scripting library for custom enemies, that this quest uses. If I updated it to fix the crashing, it'd probably break a lot of other enemies in the process so it's one of those things we just have to deal with.

Funny you call him a werewolf. I always looked at that sprite as a guy wearing an animal-looking helmet to be intimidating. I might have misinterpreted that sprite...

#18 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:28 PM

He looks similar to the sprite of the werewolfs of  Final Fantasy 5. At least to me he does.

I'm missing one Half Heart Piece and i have no clue where it is.

#19 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:45 PM

Hrm... there's one in every level (aside from Forgotten Groves, which has two), so make sure you check that. The one in Dracus's snow level is often missed, as it requires you to kill all enemies on a screen that Chase passes through solo initially. If you're not missing one of the main level heart container halves, I can compile a list of all of them in the game.

#20 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:55 PM

Got the one in the snow level, got both in Forgotten Groves and got each one from all the levels. I think a list telling their locations would help.

#21 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:00 PM

Okay.

Sanctuary Isle:
- One screen north of the dock, bomb the wall to lead to a cave containing a heart half.
- From the dock, head all the way right, then up one screen. Bomb the rock for a heart half.

Nycus Isle (Hill):
- At the top left screen (requires a key from the bottom left screen), kill all enemies for a heart half.

Eastern Archipelago (Island Chain):
- Up, up, and right from the start, there's a heart half, though it requires hitting a switch accessed from the northern part of the archipelago.

Eastern Archipelago (Large Mountain):
- From the entrance to the main cave system (one north of where you start at the bottom left), go up, left, bomb the southern wall. Climb up a floor hear to open the path to a chest with a heart half.

Those are all the overworld heart halves. If you have all those, and one from each dungeon (with the exception of the first, which has two), you should have them all.
  • Norzan likes this

#22 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:11 PM

It was the one in Sanctuary Isle, north of the dock in the bombable wall.

#23 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 29 November 2015 - 11:22 AM

Can't seem to find Link's side boss key in the Sky Tower. Any clue in finding it would be appreciated.

Edited by Norzan, 29 November 2015 - 11:23 AM.

#24 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 November 2015 - 05:09 PM

It's at the top left screen of the Area 1 (the snowy mountain). Getting there requires lowering the blocks from Dracus's side of things in Area 2. To get there, climb up to Area 6 (the mechanical area) and navigate to the top right screen. You'll have to refight the bombchu miniboss there. It helps if you charge up the orbitars with the flamethrower enemies in the central room of the area before fighting the miniboss. When it's defeated, you can walk down the stairs to Area 2, hit the switch, then swap over to Link in Area 1 and grab the boss key.

#25 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 29 November 2015 - 05:16 PM

I need a small key on Dracus' side to get through the lock that is in the screen after entering the stairs that pop up after killing the bombchu miniboss.

#26 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 November 2015 - 05:29 PM

There should be three keys on Dracus's side. One is in Area 2 (the autumn forest), though this one requires hitting the switch in Area 1 with Link. To get to that switch, you have to bomb the cracked wall on the right side of the top center screen of Area 3 (the underwater magma area) and head down the stairs. The other two keys are both in Area 4 (the clifftop fort). One can be obtained by solving a puzzle in the bottom right screen. The other is in the bottom center screen, but requires hitting the switch in Area 3 with Link. To reach that switch, you have to go to Area 5 (the floating fortress) and make it to the top left screen. Hitting the switch drops a block down, which allows you to reach the switch on the top left screen of Area 3.

#27 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:06 PM

Just finished the game and got the good ending. The last battle was intense and enjoyable.

#28 csal321

csal321

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 20 March 2021 - 03:30 PM

I need some help! I am on crystal island, and cant beat that stinking blue/purple boomerang thrower down the stairs.. I almost feel like I got here too early, and am not strong enough. What do I do?

#29 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 20 March 2021 - 07:26 PM

Okay... if memory serves, that's an optional encounter for a heart half. If you want to beat it now, you could try stunning it with the A button flame (assuming it doesn't resist, which it might; I don't remember), or using the targeted explosion spell to blitz it. But I think this was intended to be fought later.

I also want to take the opportunity to preemptively apologize for anything bad you run into in the quest. It's quite old at this point and I'm pretty ashamed of some of the decisions.

• csal321 likes this

#30 csal321

csal321

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 22 March 2021 - 04:09 PM

Noted- I love playing beautiful quests, so that is why I chose this one... there doesn't seem to be much out there. Anyway, I figured as much, but I don't know how to go back. After the cut scene dropped me off at the start of that location, I saved it. So I don't think I can go back now.. o dear, I guess I have to start over then, am I correct?

Otherwise, I have this key and I don't know where to use it...was thinking it was over there, but I may then be wrong....

Could I have just really messed myself up?

BTW thank you so much for responding, even though the last one was so long ago....I still love my zelda games!

Edited by csal321, 22 March 2021 - 04:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users