Photo

Need testers for Dreams of Yesterday 2013.

• Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

#811 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:47 AM

So I found the L4 sword last night and did the dojo!  Didn't have enough money to buy the items after paying to enter.  I'll have to decide if I want to save up for them.  Best place to grind?  The desert seems pretty good.  Also, I assume the key for sale in Subrosia and the Goron City is the master key and I'll want that?  

Last question - Should I do the Vines and Cave of Mirrors in any order or does it not matter?  Anyway, can't believe I've made this much progress without help.  I told you it would take me all summer but I think I'll probably wrap it up this weekend.  The last couple bugs I found were just graphical and minor.  Do you want me to post every one?  I don't want to be a pest but now that I've got screenshots down cold I'm willing to post them if you still want to try and squish every bug.  Let me know and thanks again for your efforts on this!  It really is one of the best quests ever made bar none.

Edit:  One last question about the desert.  I still feel like I'm missing part of it.  I don't get the hint about the three sticks.  Is there anything useful in the desert besides the triforce level, the well, the shortcut to Crystalia and the stuff needed to get the L3 sword?

Edited by SofaKing, 27 August 2019 - 07:51 AM.

#812 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:03 AM

So I found the L4 sword last night and did the dojo!  Didn't have enough money to buy the items after paying to enter.  I'll have to decide if I want to save up for them.  Best place to grind?  The desert seems pretty good.  Also, I assume the key for sale in Subrosia and the Goron City is the master key and I'll want that?

The items could be worth grinding for, sure.   The best place to grind for money is probably the final area.  They drop better rupee drops, by far.  You can make hella-bank over there real quick.

Last question - Should I do the Vines and Cave of Mirrors in any order or does it not matter?  Anyway, can't believe I've made this much progress without help.  I told you it would take me all summer but I think I'll probably wrap it up this weekend.  The last couple bugs I found were just graphical and minor.  Do you want me to post every one?  I don't want to be a pest but now that I've got screenshots down cold I'm willing to post them if you still want to try and squish every bug.  Let me know and thanks again for your efforts on this!  It really is one of the best quests ever made bar none.

The order doesn't really matter.  They're both similarly annoying. :P   Screenshots are always appreciated!  Please remind me to put your name down in the credits. ^-^  It's a bit of a mess in there but I'll be overjoyed to do it.

Edit:  One last question about the desert.  I still feel like I'm missing part of it.  I don't get the hint about the three sticks.  Is there anything useful in the desert besides the triforce level, the well, the shortcut to Crystalia and the stuff needed to get the L3 sword?

Just one little area that I'm working on (slowly) over the course of time.  I wanted all of the Dream areas to have one secret entrance that leads to one area of a secret level, and each of those entrances unlocks one segment of the main straight path that leads to a large prize.  But I have no idea what that prize should be.  The area will be a colorful mine-like area.

That twig-puzzle in the desert mostly involves finding a path around the twigs in such a way that you'll never have to step near a twig, i.e. in one of the 8 cardinal directions 16 pixels around any twig, and you can make your way east from one screen in particular.  Eventually I can spoil it.  For now, it just leads to a L4 Potion, but that's where the entrance will be.  All entrances will need to be super-bombed, and will glow red from the outside.

#813 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:01 PM

There is a horrible glitch ,when i save on any area on marathon , i get stuck by the left wall , and i had to get my save backup to save my data :swelter:

zc-screen00009.png

on the crypt happend the same thing

Edited by nandobyker, 27 August 2019 - 09:04 PM.

#814 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 August 2019 - 07:07 AM

Yikes. Thanks for that. :blink: That's been fixed. Actually, a whole bunch of warp returns have been fixed. I'm working my way through the list of things in the Integrity Report. It's huge. Most of them are inconsequential, (Yes, an item has spawned on a solid combo. It's a chest! Of course it's solid!) but a lot has been remedied. Thanks for your patience!

I've also added a shortcut through Elf Cave. We only have to navigate that horrible maze once! Huzzah!

Also added all of your names in the credits.

I also fixed the Ganon fight. We can actually fight his last phase now before the rest!

I saved and continued in each "block state" instance of Marathon and restarted at a save statue as required. So that could be fine now.

New file.
  • nandobyker likes this

#815 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 August 2019 - 09:20 AM

Now i cant co north on any screen , it keeps me block , i trow flame and even that it block

zc-screen00006.png

#816 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 August 2019 - 10:38 AM

Can I have a copy of your save file, please?  Just upload the DoY250.qst and the zc.sav file, if you don't mind.

Does it happen if you continue / save / restart?

I just tested it using the version I uploaded to Dropbox this morning and I'm not getting that on that screen.  It seems fine.  I tried it with the yellow/blue blocks in both positions.  The only thing I can think of that would make that unwalkable is if it were suddenly a Dungeon style Dmap (Not impossible, but heavily unlikely.)  but you'd still be able to at least walk on those empty floors up and down, if not left and right where Link is in that screenshot.

Can you describe how long you've been in the dungeon since that started happening?  In other words, how soon did that happen after you replaced the save file and re-entered that dungeon?

#817 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:02 PM

when i press the yellow switch the problem solved

, then i managed to beat marathon cool boos thru

now i try go get in deku tree and the purple guy still block me, what i have to do?

zc-screen00003.png

Edited by nandobyker, 28 August 2019 - 12:02 PM.

#818 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:14 PM

Weird.  I'll try going into Marathon straight from the previous location and fuxxing around a bit.  Thanks for the update.

As for the masked Purple guy, when you beat the boss of Enigma Castle, did you see him bringing up guards from the courtyard up to fight you?  Those guards cleared the way for you to enter the Courtyard where the Mana Cannon was being built.  Head back to Capital Port, but instead of going to Enigma Castle's ramparts, head along the base of the castle south of the Enigma Dungeon entrance.  Defeating the (awesome) boss in there will clear the way for you.

• nandobyker likes this

#819 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:56 PM

Weird.  I'll try going into Marathon straight from the previous location and fuxxing around a bit.  Thanks for the update.

As for the masked Purple guy, when you beat the boss of Enigma Castle, did you see him bringing up guards from the courtyard up to fight you?  Those guards cleared the way for you to enter the Courtyard where the Mana Cannon was being built.  Head back to Capital Port, but instead of going to Enigma Castle's ramparts, head along the base of the castle south of the Enigma Dungeon entrance.  Defeating the (awesome) boss in there will clear the way for you.

oh i see , another new quest to do thats cool

got it, now i am on deku tree jungle , thanks

Edited by nandobyker, 28 August 2019 - 02:01 PM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#820 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:47 PM

Oh jeez, i had never been this far , cross fingers :)

zc-screen00001.png

Game completed, Congratulations

that final boss was aweasome 

finaly i did make justice to beat the game that i could not did last time

thanks for all your help shadowtiger and support

we see you next time :bounce:

Edited by nandobyker, 29 August 2019 - 08:27 PM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#821 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 29 August 2019 - 08:48 PM

Aaaaaah, congratulations! :D I'm so happy for you! ^.^ Thank you for all of your patience, understanding, and diligence! Did you see your name in the credits? I really hope you did. It was in the most recent update.

#822 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:40 PM

I'm a bit behind nandobyker but finished Mirrors and Vines and got my medallions.  Marathon awaits.  Only recent minor bug was this again when I went to beat the weird boss in the castle.   

zc6rFiW.png

• ShadowTiger likes this

#823 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 30 August 2019 - 05:47 PM

Aaaaaah, congratulations! :D I'm so happy for you! ^.^ Thank you for all of your patience, understanding, and diligence! Did you see your name in the credits? I really hope you did. It was in the most recent update.

i did , and thanks for that, i will try now Lost Isle, everyone talks of that quest , must see if is good or not

• ShadowTiger likes this

#824 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:22 PM

Lost Isle was a little hard for me to get into, but once I did, it was an incredible gaming experience.  

This game is partly so great because it is hard, but fair and fun.   But this freaking invisible maze in the Elf Cave is straight bullshit.  

• ShadowTiger and nandobyker like this

#825 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:43 PM

Lost Isle was a little hard for me to get into, but once I did, it was an incredible gaming experience.  

This game is partly so great because it is hard, but fair and fun.   But this freaking invisible maze in the Elf Cave is straight bullshit.  

ok thanks, i see that it have duke nukem midi sounds cool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users