Photo

Isle of The Winds help

• Please log in to reply
407 replies to this topic

#16 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:43 PM

Also, do note that you can super bomb the Link statues... What lies within... Well, find out for yourself. icon_smile.gif

#17 4matsy

4matsy

SHE WILL WAKE ONLY WITH THE POWER OF NO. 3 CHEESEFORCE

• Members

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE(Teilyr @ Jul 13 2004, 08:43 PM)
Also, do note that you can super bomb the Link statues... What lies within... Well, find out for yourself. icon_smile.gif

Ah, so that's what works on 'em. Would've been the last item I tried, as I don't like to waste ammo that runs me 50 a piece...icon_razz.gif

Though it seems there's way too many super bomb secrets in this quest. Level entrances, bomb upgrades, and Link statues all need them, and there's, like, 8 of each?...icon_odd.gif

#18 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:18 PM

Getting cash is easy in this quest. Besides, you start with the small wallet... So, I don't want to hear any complaining about only being able to hold 255 rupees. icon_razz.gif

After you get the magic shield (320 on swamp island) just start saving. I'm currently at level 3 and have just over 400 rupees.

Red leevers are going to be your main source of income, as far as enemies go. There's this one room in level 2 that has 10 leevers.. As soon as you see the first one, just shoot 10 arrows, and rack up the spoils. Ching-ching baby.

Desert island is another good place for leevers, obviously.

Other than that, just do as Wolfy said and explore. You'll find lots of money if you just look for it.

#19 Guest_KneeDeepNTheDead (Guest)

Guest_KneeDeepNTheDead (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:18 PM

If you don't like the difficulty, don't play it, i think its been known that DarkFlameWolf doesn't go easy when it comes to quests ;-) not a bad thing tho, I love a challenge

#20 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:30 PM

Well, I'm stuck in Level 6. If I'm supposed to have the Blue Armor by now, no wonder I die so much. But back to the point, I can't find any items. I can tell for sure that there's a lens and a cross in here. I've found the following keys
- The one to the right of the Lanmola pit
- The room with invisible traps just above the triforce room
- The room above the maze with a bunch of invisible dodongos
- Room with invisible enemies (slash sword randomly w00tw00t) 2 screens above and 1 screen right from the Lanmola pit

I used one key at the top left part of the stage. I then entered a room with a bunch of invisible enemies. The next locked door was blocked by switch blocks. I could tell by the speed and movement pattern of certain silhouettes that I was up against multiple blue darknuts, so I ran.

I have no place to go and I can't find the dang cross. Any help here?

#21 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:32 PM

This thread contains all of the topics made thus far about this quest.

I combined them all to minimize clutter.

Enjoy.

#22 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:38 PM

Forgot to mention, I killed all 4 blue wizzrobes in a room towards the top right and found nothing. No walls to walk through or bomb. Did I miss something there?

#23 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 13 July 2004 - 09:17 PM

Okay, to help Happyman, blue armor was in level 4. I suggest you go back there and START LOOKING! It requires the ladder to acquire.
As for level 6, that blue wizzrobe room is where you'll need to be to get the cross. Try looking for anything suspicious. Look HARD at that screen, what appears different in that room? It isn't obvious at first. Look for patterns.

#24 Ielen

Ielen

Adept

• Members

Posted 13 July 2004 - 10:40 PM

Hi DFW, great quest.

I don't know if this has been reported before but there's a bug with the boss room door. Once I got the boss key in Lvl 1, I saved the quest & when I came back I could not enter the boss door.

#25 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 13 July 2004 - 10:45 PM

that's odd, hasn't happened to me or my testers. icon_eyebrow.gif

#26 Ielen

Ielen

Adept

• Members

Posted 13 July 2004 - 10:47 PM

It could be a ZC bug. Last time I encountered this bug when I was playing Mr Z's DoubleVision & the Lvl 2 boss door would not open, even though I got the boss key.

#27 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 July 2004 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jul 13 2004, 09:17 PM)
Okay, to help Happyman, blue armor was in level 4. I suggest you go back there and START LOOKING! It requires the ladder to acquire.

No kidding, these enemies are killing me nonstop. Blue Armor couldn't possibly hurt. icon_dead.gif

#28 synbios1979

synbios1979

• Members

Posted 14 July 2004 - 09:19 AM

My primary recommendation for this quest is rupees are your friends.....you will need a LOT of rupees for superbombs and wooden shields, unless like-like don't provide an issue for you. Also, as has been previously stated explore the overworld.....you can get the hammer after level 4 I think (maybe 5, can't remember if you need the flippers or not), but it's definately worth it as it opens up to you a lot of magic upgrades and other upgrade areas.....along with kicking the crap out of Darknuts icon_lol.gif but this is an extremely fun quest, although it can be difficult at times (especially level 6)....grumble, grumble icon_evil.gif but explore the overworld completely and superbomb anything that looks like it could be blown up....although they are expensive.......LOL, but most importantly, enjoy the quest!!!!!

BTW, happyman.....If you're having that much trouble in level 6, I'd highly recommend going to level 7 and doing it first, searching the overworld and getting more HC pieces and finding the magic sword before doing level 6....especially if you have the hammer....and if you don't.....then find it!!!!! LOL (BTW, I think the dungeon you are currently wondering around in circles in has the hammer as it's prize)

Edited by synbios1979, 14 July 2004 - 09:26 AM.

#29 Ielen

Ielen

Adept

• Members

Posted 14 July 2004 - 12:20 PM

Found a new bug where Link will walk by himself automatically in some areas of the overworld. You lose control of Link during this time until he walks to the next screen.

#30 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 July 2004 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE(synbios1979 @ Jul 14 2004, 09:19 AM)
BTW, happyman.....If you're having that much trouble in level 6, I'd highly recommend going to level 7 and doing it first, searching the overworld and getting more HC pieces and finding the magic sword before doing level 6....especially if you have the hammer....and if you don't.....then find it!!!!!  LOL  (BTW, I think the dungeon you are currently wondering around in circles in has the hammer as it's prize)

It was difficult because I did not have the blue armor. Now that I do have it, my hearts are essentially doubled. Shouldn't have many more problems. icon_wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users