Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:46 AM

Some release notes for SwanSong~Genesis

Built, Tested, and Relesed in the 1200 beta
Download the 1200 here

Download The Quest Pack

The map is functional in most areas including caves and dungeons.
To use the map press the spacebar.
Alt zooms in and Ctrl zooms out
Enter exits the map.

This is an easy quest, if enough people request it, I'll see
about doing a hard version release.

Playing this in any other version than it was released in is
almost sure to cause bugs, do so at your own peril.
Please report any bugs you may find so I can fix them so the
playing experience can be as good as we can make it.

There are 10 small MP3 files packed in with the zip, keep them
in the folder with the game, they are sound effects used in
certain areas.
Their names all begin with "swan" so they will be easy to keep
track of.
A small overworld map is also included in the zip as well as some
cavern maps, these should help you learn the areas.

game play tips

I suggest taking the levels in order, otherwise you may need
an item you don't have as of yet.

Getting to know the overworlds is a good idea, you'll need to
return to areas often, and there are items, if collected early,
that will make game play easier, like the mushroom.

The Dead hills are little talked about by the people of SwanSong,
but they hold great wealth, you should return there often.
The more items you have the further into the hills you can
progress.
You can also access the castle area and castle town once you get
the mirror shield if you have the flippers.

The Story
SwanSong~Genesis isn't a remake of SwanSong, it more of a continuation,
that happens some years later.
Most of the areas you remember from SwanSong are still where they were,
although time has changed them a lot.
Some areas time destroyed and new communities sprang up in their place.

Queen Elise is still the rightful ruler of the kingdom, but she has
become imprisoned by the evil one, and needs your help restoring peace to
the Kingdom of SwanSong.

IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

In SwanSong~Genesis the traditional "passageways" have been replaced with
sidescroller levels, here are a few of those.

The Beehive

Castle Passageway

The Icehouse

The Firehouse

In one of the side quests in SwanSong~Genesis, Link must restore the water to Zora Meadows.
The Zora are so pleased that he is given the flippers, and access to their waterways.

Zora Meadows before

Zora Meadows after

The Castle Grounds in SwanSong~Genesis

Castle Grounds

Hope You enjoy this quest
HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUEEN ELISE!

I want to thank the ZC community as a whole for helping make this quest possible

#2 Sir Evan

Sir Evan

Adept

• Members

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:00 AM

icon_awesome.gif

I must have magic powers or something. I posted in the other thread and this popped up. icon_razz.gif

Downloading currently, hopefully playing within minutes.

...Seriously, my face looks like this right now icon_awesome.gif

#3 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:59 AM

Holy balls holy balls holy balls holy balls holy balls. Thank you, I love you. icon_awesome.gif
Happy birthday Elise!

Huzzah!

#4 Daemon

Daemon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:01 AM

I played a bit of this for... About 55 minutes now. I was online just as this popped up, lucky me. icon_razz.gif

I really like it. I got stuck in level 1, so I went exploring. Now I realize I just need to go back to level 1, and figure it out.

I like the sound effects a lot! Well, I like the sound effects themselves, but more of how they're used. A dog barking while on screen made it that much more enjoyable. icon_smile.gif

The only things I dislike about the game so far are trivial. One being that you can't use Roc's Feather on all screens. The other being that MC Link makes every enemy look small. Although I still don't really notice it that much. icon_razz.gif

I'll play more later. Good job on this.

#5 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:08 AM

I had to download build 1201 for Snow Leopard so I could run it. Hopefully it should work! I think it looks great, and I hope my words are backed up when I play it. icon_wink.gif

#6 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE(Daemon @ Mar 26 2010, 12:01 AM) View Post

I played a bit of this for... About 55 minutes now. I was online just as this popped up, lucky me. icon_razz.gif

I really like it. I got stuck in level 1, so I went exploring. Now I realize I just need to go back to level 1, and figure it out.

I like the sound effects a lot! Well, I like the sound effects themselves, but more of how they're used. A dog barking while on screen made it that much more enjoyable. icon_smile.gif

The only things I dislike about the game so far are trivial. One being that you can't use Roc's Feather on all screens. The other being that MC Link makes every enemy look small. Although I still don't really notice it that much. icon_razz.gif

I'll play more later. Good job on this.

Roc's feather has turned out to be a buggy making nightmare, that's why it can't be used in all screens.
with layering and the way in interacts with certain combos I've been spending all my time fixing bugs and redesigning just to make that one feature work.
jumping bugs are going to plague this quest I fear.
jump at your own peril ;O)

#7 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:38 AM

So I've played for just over 30 minutes.

So far, the cons:
*Big Link is a little annoying, it's okay...but I think you should've stuck with the Sun Tower Link.
*Not being able to use the Roc's Feather everywhere, but I guess it's okay...considering you already said the reason.
*The almost unavoidable Roc's Feather layer difficulties.

Now, the pros:
*Having a shop where you can buy bait directly outside of Level 1 is nice.
*Getting to replay Swansong, but slightly different.
*Although the animation was a little choppy, the mine cart is definitely an awesome thing.
*The game, although not as much as the original, has a really cool feeling while playing it...I'm not sure how to explain it.
*Having special sound effects, based on what is on the screen.

Basically, I liked the original more so far, however, this is still great...and I can't wait to continue playing it.

Edited by Molten Onyx, 26 March 2010 - 11:39 AM.

#8 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE(Molten Onyx @ Mar 26 2010, 09:38 AM) View Post

So I've played for just over 30 minutes.

So far, the cons:
*Big Link is a little annoying, it's okay...but I think you should've stuck with the Sun Tower Link.
*Not being able to use the Roc's Feather everywhere, but I guess it's okay...considering you already said the reason.
*The almost unavoidable Roc's Feather layer difficulties.

Now, the pros:
*Having a shop where you can buy bait directly outside of Level 1 is nice.
*Getting to replay Swansong, but slightly different.
*Although the animation was a little choppy, the mine cart is definitely an awesome thing.
*The game, although not as much as the original, has a really cool feeling while playing it...I'm not sure how to explain it.
*Having special sound effects, based on what is on the screen.

Basically, I liked the original more so far, however, this is still great...and I can't wait to continue playing it.

wow, that's sort of surprising, a lot more effort went in to this quest than did the original SwanSong, and there is much more to see and do, not to mention this is 3 times the size of the first SwanSong.
I think everyone is going to find that Roc's feather just about isn't worth the effort to get to work right in a quest, it's caused me nothing but trouble.
It's poorly implemented

#9 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:00 PM

I'm loving this so far. Not quite the same, but this quest has a similar atmosphere to the original Swansong.

My only complaint is the big Link thing that everyone else has already addressed.

#10 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE(Freedom @ Mar 26 2010, 12:59 PM) View Post

wow, that's sort of surprising, a lot more effort went in to this quest than did the original SwanSong, and there is much more to see and do, not to mention this is 3 times the size of the first SwanSong.

I think it's mostly nostalgia, but whatever. icon_razz.gif

#11 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:18 PM

The Wolf howl was the clincher. It was an absolutely amazing way to start a quest.

Unfortunately for the wolf, everything that came after was even better. Poor wolf.

The visuals are all incredible. You can clearly tell that every time you see has had a painstakingly acute attention to detail. Cliff diagonals end properly into other cliffs. Bushes that are slashed slowly reappear as unslashed bushes. Animals are everywhere. You can actually hear the dogs barking and the bees humming.

Oddly enough, when I first saw the Skeletons in the Zora's domain, and there was a bee on the screen, I honestly felt that the bee sound would have applied to the skeletons as well. Seriously. It was a throwback to Ocarina of Time when the poes (ghosts) were humming around in the air. Very similar eerie feeling.

So I think I have explored pretty much every corner of where I can go so far. I just got the red candle and the ability to carry bombs from level 1. I spent the 55 rupees to get a super bomb and blew up that cave to the west of level 1, ... (Just ... oy. XD ) and currently have two keys. Wondering what to do with them. Or perhaps I only have one key, now that I've unlocked the chest. Any tips? icon_smile.gif

Still wondering what that series of rooms was between the bomb upgrade area and the room with the two torches you have to burn (From different areas of the dungeon.) to get to the bomb upgrade. The music was more dangerous there. I think I warped out of it without realizing what it was for. I thought it was a boss room. I felt like something would leap out and attack me from the lava at any moment, but nothing did. Then I was just warped back to the room again with no warning, and entering that door didn't take me back there anymore. Strange.

Kinda stuck in level 1.

#12 caprontos

caprontos

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Mar 26 2010, 07:18 PM) View Post

The Wolf howl was the clincher. It was an absolutely amazing way to start a quest.

Unfortunately for the wolf, everything that came after was even better. Poor wolf.

The visuals are all incredible. You can clearly tell that every time you see has had a painstakingly acute attention to detail. Cliff diagonals end properly into other cliffs. Bushes that are slashed slowly reappear as unslashed bushes. Animals are everywhere. You can actually hear the dogs barking and the bees humming.

Oddly enough, when I first saw the Skeletons in the Zora's domain, and there was a bee on the screen, I honestly felt that the bee sound would have applied to the skeletons as well. Seriously. It was a throwback to Ocarina of Time when the poes (ghosts) were humming around in the air. Very similar eerie feeling.
So I think I have explored pretty much every corner of where I can go so far. I just got the red candle and the ability to carry bombs from level 1. I spent the 55 rupees to get a super bomb and blew up that cave to the west of level 1, ... (Just ... oy. XD ) and currently have two keys. Wondering what to do with them. Or perhaps I only have one key, now that I've unlocked the chest. Any tips? icon_smile.gif

Still wondering what that series of rooms was between the bomb upgrade area and the room with the two torches you have to burn (From different areas of the dungeon.) to get to the bomb upgrade. The music was more dangerous there. I think I warped out of it without realizing what it was for. I thought it was a boss room. I felt like something would leap out and attack me from the lava at any moment, but nothing did. Then I was just warped back to the room again with no warning, and entering that door didn't take me back there anymore. Strange.

Kinda stuck in level 1.

play around in the room with the four torches some more..(you probably only lit one to get to the bomb upgrade) If you want to exactly what to do.. can ask icon_razz.gif

and on that note.. I cant find where the second temple is...or where to go .. I've been to a few different maps but I need the hookshot for almost all of them... and why no burritos?... (I don't think I've ever aten one :S)

#13 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:11 PM

Holy crap. I've been playing this quest for maybe 10 minutes, and I can tell the rest of it's gonna be freakin' awesome. I love the attention to detail you've put into everything, like the sounds and animals in the over-world. Everything's exciting, and full of life. I gotta say though, the fat fairy behind the waterfall at the fairy fountain was... Interesting? I'm not entirely sure what's going on there. icon_razz.gif

#14 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:17 PM

I'm loving your quest Freedom but as usual I'm stuck in level 1. I have the bridge, compass and one key left. I'm walking around in circles so much I'm dizzy. icon_wacky.gif LOL I bought the candle, bombs and a shield so I thought I was pretty well prepared for level 1 but I'm just walking around not really getting anywhere.
Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_lady

#15 elise

elise

RIP Elise, 7/20/2011 - 49 Years Young.

• Members

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:59 PM

@ Carpontos
on Haunted Isle is the second level south east of Prince Sound, you enter the waterfall at the shop and walk down through headhunter country and enter a cave at the top of Inish River from there you will find it ;o)

Miss zelda slash everything with your sword and you will be suprised ;o)

@ Shadowtiger I also replied this one on my forum before I saw it here
guess you still need the ladder and the boomer from the level and play something around with the red candle in the 4 candle room just take a mine ride to the right to start finding the ladder

Edited by elise, 26 March 2010 - 09:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users