Child's Quest all Grown Up help thread

• Please log in to reply
485 replies to this topic

#16 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:33 PM

There is a room to the left of the bombed secret passage that also harbers a bombed wall.

Sorry, I thought it was a Manhandla.

#17 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:07 PM

I finally found it by accident. Yes, by accident.

Now I'm in Level 3. (I am the farthest now?) From the entrance, right needs a key, up had only a compass (can't get to chest), left had a secret passage which led me to two rooms with strange pattern on ground. One in plain sight other under a block. No whistle, bomb or candle helps on that. I don't find additional bombable walls. So I'm stuck. What to do?

#18 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:29 PM

The left is your correct path. In that room there is a push block. But, I think you've figured that one out already. The next one is tricky. Remember the darkly water room in level 2 that you had to light the torch while lighting the room? Same thing here. After doing such, it'll become obvious what to do next.
I promise this is the last torch that is done like that. Honestly. icon_deformed.gif

#19 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:23 PM

I already went through the dark+push room. Since it was the hundreth of this gimmick I did it too easily. But the next two rooms...
The first of them has that strange floor tile, but the block can't be pushed from its place. No items work on the pattern/tile, block or candle, nor can I bomb the walls.
On the last room I lit the candle and pushed the block one tile away revealing the strange tile, but nothing works on it.

#20 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:52 PM

Oh I understand now.

There is a significance to that floor design in the first room. Start looking at the wall.

The second you need the ladder for. The block and torch are just diversions.

#21 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:08 PM

Well.. I know this wouldl happens sooner or later, but can't solve this little problem!
on level 2 from the starting point,, one room left and one up..
there's two statues on the floor also many jars but the one at center is like blue!!
the lens of true reveal one stairway under the right statue , but it won't budge"""
can't find the way to open this passage, pushing, bombing. burning, wistheling , but nothing
I got the boss key and the flute ----
please give me any clear indicating how to proceed!! please , don't put me to guess,, speak clear""'

#22 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE(vravelo @ Jul 11 2008, 06:08 AM) View Post

Well.. I know this wouldl happens sooner or later, but can't solve this little problem!
on level 2 from the starting point,, one room left and one up..
there's two statues on the floor also many jars but the one at center is like blue!!
the lens of true reveal one stairway under the right statue , but it won't budge"""
can't find the way to open this passage, pushing, bombing. burning, wistheling , but nothing
I got the boss key and the flute ----
please give me any clear indicating how to proceed!! please , don't put me to guess,, speak clear""'

Slash only the red pots then push the blue one. Rocksfan is simply crazy for this "don't slash, rather push/burn/etc." tricks.

EDIT

I don't know how it happened, but I beat L3 and even got the left secret item from "???". However, I can't find my way in L4. I went through a long water route and found the compass, but no more. I saw many suspicious things, but no items worked on them. Maybe I miss a second item from L3? I didn't open the chest in the southeast, nor at the dark water room one screen south of the L3 compass...

#23 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:16 AM

vravelo; how did you get the lens so soon? Eh, either way, CastChaos is right.

CastChaos; The chest across the water in L3 come back with flippers. The other chest in L3 contains the boomerang. Access it from outside the dungeon via a hidden path. There's a hint to where it's located in level 5.
In level 4 you're missing my favorite "trick" in the compass room.

#24 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:32 AM

[quote name='rocksfan13' date='Jul 11 2008, 07:16 AM' post='517780']
vravelo; how did you get the lens so soon? Eh, either way, CastChaos is right.

I bought the lens of true in a market on the over world. along with the shield and some bombs!!
the problem is I can't find my way to the boss, I was one room on top but no way to pass
so I can even heard the beast" breathing,
I have all possible thing on this level 2. all key, the boss key, the flute, I've walked trough all different
rooms. bet can't find that way to the boss... any clear indications?? any hints??? thanks icon_wacky.gif

#25 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:40 AM

On the very first room, slash the north pot, stand where it was and whistle.

#26 jambo

jambo

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:41 AM

i am stuck in level 2 still. i can't find the whistle. i wish i would have saved that key to go through the bombed floor instead of opening the door to the digdogger. is there something to do in the entrance room? what room can i bomb a wall? i have tried a lot, but i must be missing something here.

edit: i see above i need the whistle in the entrance room. i must need another key

Edited by jambo, 11 July 2008 - 10:43 AM.

#27 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:56 AM

I think you miss the same key as me did. Go in the bombed passage and go right some until a dark room which has the shape of a "Y" rotated 45 degrees and having some gels. The upper path has a passage, the bottom one needs to be bombed to get a key.

#28 jambo

jambo

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:01 AM

thanks castchaos - that was a tricky one. i actually did find it right before you told me but thanks for the quick response!!

#29 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:18 AM

Heh, vravelo, I had forgotten that that stuff can be bought. But where did you find the lense so cheap?
Good show.

Also, due to a popular problem, it is now possible to get the mushroom after level 3.
Get the update HERE until it's updated in the DB.

#30 LionStar

LionStar

Initiate

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:44 PM

I must be denser than usual today, but even after reading the previous posts, I still can't find the whistle in level 2. I've gone through all the rooms on the left "L" EXCEPT the one right above where the passage comes out (full of stalfos). I've got the key from the top right room and the key after beating the dodongos - so I've got two keys right now but can't find the whistle or any other passages.

vravelo - where did you find a shop selling bombs? Every time I run out I have to go outside the to kill enemies until some bombs are dropped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users