Child's Quest all Grown Up help thread

• Please log in to reply
485 replies to this topic

#1 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:26 AM

Now that my newest quest is out, I'll start the help thread as I've seen even the best of players get hung up in this one.

So, post your questions and I and maybe a couple of my testers will get you your answer.

#2 LionStar

LionStar

Initiate

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:45 AM

Okay, I'll be the first to admit I need some help. I'm in level 1, I've got the blue candle and the wooden sword, but now I keep going around in circles through the rooms I've already visited. I've picked up the second key, but can't find anywhere to use it.
So far, I really liked the challenge of having to dodge enemies through much of level 1 and the block puzzles are a nice touch. The music is good, too.

#3 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:13 AM

If you solved the block puzzle in this level to reveal the path, then you missed the south wall, unless of course you did get that wall, but were blocked by the block in your way. Check that.
Or you just might be missing the path in the room where you got the compass. Hit the statue "staring" at you.

#4 LionStar

LionStar

Initiate

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:22 AM

Thanks, rocksfan13, it was the room with the compass! Proceeding onward now.

#5 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:15 AM

I'm stuck at the end of Level 2. I covered all but the 3 southeastern rooms (containing the boss and triforce rooms) and I also wasn't in the northest room in the middle partition. When I got to the dark waterly room close to start and got a key there, I didn't use the key rather went in the secret passage and used it there. I got more keys and unlocked more passages there and finally I got to a room with gels, stalfoses and lots of pots with the [u]same[/s] colour. I now either miss something in that room or I need to get the... uhm... arrow? Which should be in the northest room but I need an extra key for that... which I can't even imagine where it could be, since as I said, I covered 99% of rooms...

#6 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:39 AM

despite I don't like quests made on this environments or tile set ...can see some good players
fighting this already,, so I'll give the test,
So I'll be visiting this thread to often,,, since I ask for help, just about for anything , sorry I'm a bad player

#7 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:51 AM

CastChaos, in that same room, unmarked bomb wall. Leads to the whistle.

vravelo, glad to hear you'd give it a go. icon_wink.gif

#8 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:00 AM

Currently at Level 1, attained Candle and Sword... just trying to figure out where to use this last key...

#9 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:11 AM

See post number 2 ,Moonwhisper. Look for that statue that is "staring" at you.

#10 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:24 AM

OK, found whistle. I even found the way to the boss. But now I need that boss key. icon_arrow.gif

#11 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:41 AM

Remember Digdogger?

#12 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:03 PM

No. None of the rooms I been to had digdogger. If it's in the northest room, then I missed a key somewhere, as I already said. As soon as I got a key I always used it to advance in the direction of the whistle. And ever since I got it, no new key.

#13 jambo

jambo

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:11 PM

i can't seem to get past the first 3 rooms in level 2. i have tried bombing walls, throwing fire, and slashing statues, but can't seem to find a key. i thought it had to do with the off color pot, but can't seem to activate it. what am i missing?

#14 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:16 PM

CastChaos: Digdogger is in a room behind a locked door. From entrance: left-up-up-up.

Is there a key out in the open that you can't get to? You have to bomb a wall and fight Manhandla to get to it.
or it may be in a hidden room like the whistle was.

jambo: Off color pots can usually be pushed.

#15 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE(rocksfan13 @ Jul 10 2008, 07:16 PM) View Post

CastChaos: Digdogger is in a room behind a locked door. From entrance: left-up-up-up.

Is there a key out in the open that you can't get to? You have to bomb a wall and fight Manhandla to get to it.

The only key that at least remotely resembles your description was guarded by dodongos and I already got it... And used it to open the last lock block before the whistle. Keys I found: (highlight to read)

-blue pot passage, used to open blue pot door
-dark water room, used to open first lock in secret passage
-tricky push block + candle key, used to open stalfos lock block
-dodongo roundabout key, used to open lock block in narrow passage

According to the map, I miss only the digdogger, boss and triforce rooms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users