Lost Isle RELEASED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2607 replies to this topic

#2596 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

Does the delay of the update will take a long time? I wanted to test the game in 2.5, I need to replay this game now! icon_lol.gif

Well, considering that there is no changes really, I'll play original version in the Lost Isle Build icon_sigh.gif

Edited by Air Luigi, 01 February 2013 - 06:14 PM.

#2597 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE(Air Luigi @ Feb 2 2013, 01:12 AM) View Post

Does the delay of the update will take a long time? I wanted to test the game in 2.5, I need to replay this game now! icon_lol.gif

Sorry, Wolfie hasn't answered my latest PMs. If she'd drop this childish "I'm not talking to you" act we'd get this over with soon. icon_sorry.gif

#2598 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Feb 1 2013, 07:32 PM) View Post
Sorry, Wolfie hasn't answered my latest PMs. If she'd drop this childish "I'm not talking to you" act we'd get this over with soon. icon_sorry.gif

Have you considered sending her flowers with a heartfelt, passionate apology letter attached?

I'm not joking. You shared contact info, right? Have them mailed to her.

Wolfie, if Peteo mailed you flowers and a letter all the way from Finland, showing you how much he truly cares, wouldn't you forgive him and move on? It makes us sad, confused and angry thinking about Lost Isle getting a divorce, and some of us maybe even feel like it's our fault. icon_frown.gif Even having two Christmasses each year instead of one is not worth losing such a beloved quest that so many of us adore so much, so please reconsider.

#2599 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

Well, it goes to show that even two really talented people at ZC can have their disagreements. But you know what? They still got the entire quest done anyway. Under most similar circumstances, that simply wouldn't be true. As for the current issue, it's simply a matter between DFW and Peteo and should probably stay that way. If they both wish to resolve this, they eventually will find a way to do so. If they don't, then what you see is what remains. If the latter is the case, we will just have to accept it for what it is. In the meantime, I think this thread should simply remain a thread for help on getting through the quest and also mentioning any possible bugs, under the possibility that things might get fixed, but no guarantees. After all, it's all completely voluntary, and I think at this point we should all be well aware of the circumstance.

#2600 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

Finished level 1

Various minor things:

1. I would suggest strongly fixing these barriers. While it's true they won't stop you from finishing the dungeon, seems out of place that they don't work, and having to go around them is annoying. It feels weird for a game like Lost Isle.

IPB Image

2. I've noticed that the north-south transition between screens seems slower than usual. It's not very fluid, and this didn't happen in the original Lost Isle.

3. When the screens changes to a cutscene, there is a weird "jump" into the cutscene. It's hard to describe, but it's a rough transition that didn't happen in the original.

4. This is just a suggestion, since you have already said that you wouldn't change anything, but adding custom sfx to the game would be amazing, and now it's possible to edit the sfx in ZC 2.5. The Z1 sounds just don't fit Lost Isle that well.

#2601 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

Thanks Luigi,

1. Well those barriers seem wonky, but they do work, at least they did stay down for me *shrugs*

2. That's another ZC 2.5 issue then.

3. Yeah, noticed the jump too. It's no biggie, but it sure is annoying. Can't do anything about it though.

4. Yeah, well, would be nice to know where I can find some better sounds. I have no idea where to look for them. Also, Wolfie still hasn't responded to me so all I can do right now is sit and wait.

#2602 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

The problem is that the barriers won't stay down... icon_eyebrow.gif I'm using ZC 2.5, with the latest Lost Isle update by Darkflamewolf. In the original lost Isle, the barriers stayed down, but in 2.5 since they won't stay down, you have to go several times through the room with the eye statue and others.

About the north-south transition, that doesn't happen in other quests.

#2603 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Hmm, it stays down when I play on ZC 2.5 Final. I had to step on the switch, go right and then back left to the room with the switch and it seemed to stay down afterwards.

Quest seems to run smoothly enough. Some small things, but nothing too big out there so far. About halfway or so

#2604 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE(pixcalibur @ Feb 3 2013, 09:48 PM) View Post

Hmm, it stays down when I play on ZC 2.5 Final. I had to step on the switch, go right and then back left to the room with the switch and it seemed to stay down afterwards.

Quest seems to run smoothly enough. Some small things, but nothing too big out there so far. About halfway or so

it works now..

I think LOT of players can miss how that switch works... like me. icon_freak.gif If you press the switch and then you go to the right, the barriers don't stay down. You need to walk around the switch to keep the barriers down, weird.

Edited by Air Luigi, 03 February 2013 - 06:26 PM.

#2605 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

Well the cat's already out of the bag. As in: Peteo went over to rpgmaker.net and started slamming/slandering me on my own game page. So might as well post the update here: http://rpgmaker.net/games/2407/
Go download the new bug fixes everyone.
Note: I did not fix that switch bug in level 1 because I'm not entirely sure how it was set up, it works 'fine' enough and they do stay down eventually if you try, so its not a game breaker issue.

Edited by DarkFlameWolf, 03 February 2013 - 08:28 PM.

#2606 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

Well there you go, folks. See the disrespect and dishonesty she has towards the co-creator of her quest? This is some disgusting and unbelievable behind the back action right there... I really don't know what's gotten to her, but you know what, I'm tired of these stupid kiddy games with her. Go ahead PureZC Staff, you have my permission to update the Lost Isle file, no point waiting anymore. Let her ruin the quest and let people download the version if they want. I still have the original Lost isle file in my sig link so if people want to play LI like it as meant to be played, go there and download the quest and the LI Build (though the LI build doesn't unfortunately work well on all computers).

Anyways, with that said, no one should be surprised anymore when I say that I am working on Lost Isle 2 and she won't be having any part in the game. I can't have her holding me back and stabbing me in the back like this. But since this is a Lost Isle 1 thread, I won't be saying more about the project, but I will be posting more info later this year about Link's and Orlach's new encounter.

#2607 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

Good for you! I can't wait to see what new evil devilry Orlach will cook up with next! Make it monumental and epic. That's the only way to surpass Lost Isle 1! I'm glad to see you've moved on and focused ahead on your future projects, so by all means, make it a good one!

#2608 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

We have decided to remove the most recent Lost Isle update submission, as we feel there is too much controversy behind what has been going on with this quest lately. We would rather stay out of this mess altogether. With that said, I hope you both are finished having this scuffle in public. It should have been kept private in the first place. Do whatever you must, but keep it outside of these walls.

With that being said, and staff being ignored from before, I am locking this topic. If someone wishes to make a new help thread, that is fine, but there will be no mention of this argument that has occurred. If this continues in any form on this site, we will take further actions on anybody who continues to bring it up, in accordance to our rules, be it DarkFlameWolf, Peteo, or anybody else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users