Origin

Rating: 4.62/5 (55 ratings)
Photo

Origin (1st and 2nd quest re-envisioning)

• Please log in to reply
514 replies to this topic

#496 Geezer

Geezer

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE(piglet497 @ Aug 23 2012, 12:54 PM) View Post

Hello, I am playing this quest. I believe I am in the first quest level 2. I got a key and used it. I got the amulet. I am alittle stuck now. I can't figure out where the 2nd key is and there are areas that are blocked by water. How do I get by them and where is the 2nd key?

I have been searching the first quest until I am blue in the tunic but I have not found level 2. Clues anyone?

#497 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:57 AM

All the levels in Quest 1 and 2 are located in the same square that they would be found in the original legend of Zelda. So level 1 is still on that island, Level 2 is a little south-west of the bottle(letter), Level 3 is 3(?) screens west of start, etc..

#498 Geezer

Geezer

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE(Eppy @ Sep 8 2012, 02:57 AM) View Post

All the levels in Quest 1 and 2 are located in the same square that they would be found in the original legend of Zelda. So level 1 is still on that island, Level 2 is a little south-west of the bottle(letter), Level 3 is 3(?) screens west of start, etc..

Thanks Eppy. However finding level 3 before level 1 finally got me looking in the right area. I am presently working on level 2 instead of barfing up the wrong tree.

#499 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:17 AM

Yeah, these are re-envisionings of the original 2 quests. But as you can probably see already, things are already quite different. icon_wink.gif

#500 piglet497

piglet497

Junior

• Members

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

I am stuck in LeveL 4 Quest 1. I have gone to all the rooms. I am missing 1 key and the big key. I can't seem to figure out how to get into the door that has the spikes blocking it. I can't figure out what to do to get rid of the spikes. Can anyon help me?

Edited by piglet497, 12 September 2012 - 02:24 PM.

#501 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:58 PM

You're missing the boots. After you go past the room with the map and are able to flood the dungeon again with water, backtrack to find the boots.

#502 piglet497

piglet497

Junior

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

Hi!! I am in Level 6 now. Should I be able to have the magic sword by now? I hve five triforces and 10 hearts. I went into the grave and it doesn't let me pick up the sword yet. I really like this quest, but I wish you had an Overworld Map. It would be easier to see where you have been and where you haven't been and to get back to places.

#503 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

I playing through this again, and I seem to be stuck in level five. I have the bracelet, and Hookshot, but I can't get past the room with the four Gibdos, a Beamos in the middle, and the block on the left side with a shuttered north door. It appears that you need to push the block to open the shutter, but it won't budge. I can post a screen if you don't know which room I'm talking about.

Also, I've noticed a few hidden caves on the overworld have enemies in them, but nothing happens when you kill them all. What are these caves for?

All in all, a very nice quest icon_smile.gif I have tried to play this before, but I quit in the fourth dungeon out of stupidity. I basically thought a bug was preventing me from going under certain parts of the walls, but I realized now it was designed that way >.>

My only gripe so far is the block puzzles. I don't mind block puzzles, but they get pretty hard, and appear in high frequency in this quest.

Edited by Anthus, 11 April 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#504 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

Question 1: Bomb the beamos. See what happens.

Question 2: Those empty caves come into play in Quest 3. You can only use them for rupee farming in Quests 1 and 2.

#505 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

I am playing the 2nd quest and cannot for the life of me find Level 7.  A hint?  Also a hint as to the location of the letter/bottle would be nice as I haven't found that yet either.

#506 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:33 AM

The bottle is in the upper left, in the snow area. As for level 7, check the swamp.

#507 Pamfafoofle

Pamfafoofle

• Members

Posted 28 December 2022 - 09:36 PM

Wow, it's been a while since anyone posted on this thread. Am I the only person in the world who still enjoys Zelda Classic???

In the 3rd quest, does each dungeon contain an equal number of Poverty rooms, regardless of which version is picked? I'm already seeing that the amount of Poverty rooms varies from level to level; I'd just like to be assured that I can pick either the 1st or 2nd version of a particular level and know I will ultimately encounter the same number.

EDIT: After more research (with a lot of Retry usage), the short answer to my own question is NO. But I also wasn't really asking the right question. The idea behind 3rd Quest dungeon navigation is really more along the lines of figuring out the minimum route to reach the Boss Key, then the minimum route to reach the boss room, generally ignoring the sections where the dungeon items used to be located. Diverting from this minimum route is often penalized with an extra Poverty room or two. That said, I have so far found that at least on Level 3 and Level 5, ONE version allows you to (possibly) get through with NO Poverty, while the other version requires you to pass through at least one Poverty room. So there IS some luck of the draw (or intensive research!) involved if you want to truly maximize your available hearts. I'm not far enough along yet to know if this maximization truly matters for fully completing the quest with maximum hearts, or if there's enough extra Heart Containers (there are quite a lot sitting around in Hyrule!) to more than cover some reasonable losses of hearts.

I do have to say that while I wasn't originally keen on the idea of an "Xtreme Mode" quest, it does create a very novel approach to "familiar" dungeon navigation as well as appropriate strategy for overworld collection of Heart Pieces/Containers. And, of course, it's really 4 quests in 1, since 3rd Quest would be a COMPLETELY different experience depending on how you got to it, with the "continuation of 2nd Quest" method, much of it is actually a good deal easier than 2nd Quest was. (I think it will still be a while before I attempt 3rd Quest as a clean start though!)

Edited by Pamfafoofle, 30 December 2022 - 03:38 PM.

#508 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 05 February 2023 - 03:41 AM

There we go! Someone finally looking at the 3rd Quest in a different light! I enjoy your research! Keep it up! :)

#509 Blizzard

Blizzard

• Members

Posted 11 February 2023 - 04:05 PM

Hallo,

da es bei diesem Spiel keine Karten/Maps gibt, habe ich mir selber welche mit meinen Bildbearbeitungsprogramm Photo Impact X3 erstellt.

Beim Spielen habe ich mit der Taste "Druck" auf der Tastatur Bild für Bild in mein Bildbearbeitungsprogramm eingefügt und sortiert.

Die Karten/Maps sind nicht in allerbesten Güte, es gibt einige Schnittfehler und auch die Qualität geht so.

Es ist das erstemal das ich solche Karten/Maps erstellt habe.

Hier die Oberweltkarte zum Spiel Origin 1st Quest:

00-Origin-1-Weltkarte.jpg

So habe ich dann auch alle Level für das Spiel Origin 1st Quest erstellt, die folgen dann noch.

Vielleicht habe ja einige Intresse dran.

Wenn ich was verbotenes Getan habe, schreibt es mir. :unsure:

Danke DFW für das sehr gute Spiel.

MfG

Blizzard

#510 Blizzard

Blizzard

• Members

Posted 11 February 2023 - 04:38 PM

Hallo,

hier die Karte/Map zu Level 1, Quest 1st:

01-Level-1-E08.jpg

Level 1 befindet sich bei E08.

Mfg

Blizzard

Edited by Blizzard, 11 February 2023 - 04:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users