• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 15 May 2021 - 08:21 PM

This is the last update for this quest.

I turned this project into the Crystal Heart (https://www.purezc.n...projects&id=547), and with that a LOT has and will change. So I decided to write this last update to share a few cool things!

First of all, I really liked the original intro screen
https://www.youtube....h?v=JkSDLxEapHg

Although the graphics don't look great, I think the transition works well :>
It's supposed to depict a strange tower being built in the middle of a lake in a strange land; by nightfall, the tower is finished. It's not as impactful as I'd like, but I'm fairly sure I'll be redoing it for The Great Fairies' Plea. I'll get to that in a moment.

As I mentioned, a lot of things will be changed for The Crystal Hearts, including many areas and sprites. To better create a living and breathing world, I plan on incorporating an NPC script. I'll post about it in the Crystal Heart Project when I get it done. With that, I'll change a lot of NPC locations and sprites. I don't want to just dump these graphics, though, so I'm thinking about adding them to the Crystal Heart as bonuses and easter eggs. Several story elements and dialogues will be changed as well, so I'd add them in there too.
What do y'all think about this?

Now, as I said, I plan on redoing a game with an adapted story from this project: The Great Fairies' Plea (which makes more sense, as there are three Great Fairies). I want to do this someday in my life. By that, I mean that it will take many many years for me to get around to that. I want to do it in a very detailed tileset, with lots of custom made scripts. I don't know anything about programming languages right now, so you can imagine how far off that is. I remade Kokiri Village for it already, but that was a few years ago, before I decided to make the Crystal Heart. I can post screenshots if you ask me to.

I guess that's all I have to say on this last update, although it is everything but final.

Edited by Ica, 15 May 2021 - 08:22 PM.

• Shane and Jared like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users