Photo

Screenshot of the Week 149

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 149 (44 member(s) have cast votes)

5 shots to choose from this week!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 21 December 2006 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE(Lotus Eater @ Dec 20 2006, 06:24 PM) View Post

23 Votes and a handful of comments, why do people vote and not at least mention why? I've always wondered that.

As a curiosity Radien what would want to be happening on the screen? I mean what could I have done to make it better.

Well, hmm.... depends on whether that's an NPC or an enemy.

If it's an NPC, a text window would be enough. Some people get bored with text screens, but they DO tell the viewer a lot about what's going on.

If it's an enemy, either add more enemies, or just show your player character attacking with an interesting weapon. Even a boomerang with sparkles can spice up a screen. I used to play SD3, and from what I remember of it, practically every field screen in the game had something constantly happening on it.

If you're waiting on ZC version 2.5, with big enemy sprites, though -- so you can rip without spending a year editing them to be 16x16 -- then I totally understand why you aren't showing more enemies...

#17 Lotus Eater

Lotus Eater

Wizard

• Members

Posted 21 December 2006 - 09:12 AM

Yeah, that is why I am waiting with the enemies, I am currently ripping them in and recoloring them. Every time I show an enemy, someone nails me on the fact that my enemies aren't possible yet.

And that is a friendly NPC, originally I was going to have a picture of him up close with a text box, but I thought it was detracting from the scene by covering up too much.

#18 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 21 December 2006 - 09:23 AM

well with Pure, you usually can't win unless its got some fancy new graphics within it to show off. icon_razz.gif

#19 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 21 December 2006 - 09:35 AM

I must concur with DFW. The extensive use of the Pure set requires authors to add some kind of sparkle and flame to their graphics to have it stand out more. It's definitely something I noticed while I was reworking one of my quests that was done in the Pure set.

The one I submitted here though, was a mix of tilesets. Ranging from DOR, COD, Pure, and a couple others. That shot was just a dungeon. Wait till you see the overworld.

#20 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Dec 21 2006, 04:23 PM) View Post

well with Pure, you usually can't win unless its got some fancy new graphics within it to show off. icon_razz.gif

Well yeah, there's nothing wrong with your shot really but at PZC it is always pretty tiles -> screen layout. icon_wink.gif
Next time we should submit a stunner. icon_razz.gif

Anyhoo, here's a screenshot from the same swamp, but due to the feedback Wolfie changed the rain to translucent and I have to say it looks a bit better now:

IPB Image

Oh and notice the Map name? I changed the background color so you can actually see the name of the area now, yay. ^_^
(Poor quality is causes by .jpg format, sorry)

#21 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:17 AM

I nulled. Even though some of the shots have amazing graphics this week, none of them are really interesting at all. They're all pretty average I guess. icon_shrug.gif

#22 Lotus Eater

Lotus Eater

Wizard

• Members

Posted 21 December 2006 - 12:07 PM

Petoe, that does look a lot better.

Lizmo, great Avatar icon_smile.gif

#23 Johan

Johan

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 22 December 2006 - 04:01 AM

Peteo I like that other shot slightly better you just posted.

But I voted DarkFlameWolf because it looks the best lol, it is as simple as that! icon_wink.gif The other ones just didn't awake my interest.

#24 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 22 December 2006 - 04:40 AM

lotus eater, nice use of sd3 tiles.

#25 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:03 PM

rocksfan13 - 1 vote = [2.86%]
Nuvo - 6 votes = [17.14%]
Lotus Eater - 13 votes = [37.14%]
Evan the great - 5 votes = [14.29%]
DarkFlameWolf - 10 votes = [28.57%]
Total Votes: 35

Lotus Eater
IPB Image
Dude, is that a giant bunny?

Congrats to Lotus Eater on his win of Screenshot of the Week 149!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users