How do I make one-way blocks?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mlvluu

Mlvluu

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:06 PM

*Tiles, it won't let me rename the topic.

Edited by Mlvluu, 25 September 2018 - 04:06 PM.

#2 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 26 September 2018 - 01:56 AM

You can't do so as such, but you can do it in a similar way to doing over/under blocks (i.e. bridges).

Basically, make the combo walkable, but with a secret flag. The combo you put underneath that flag should be unwalkable.

Then you make a combo that is Step->Secrets (Temporary, Sensitive) on the other side. You can hide it like part of the floor.

This combo should be placed on the side(s) of the one way combo from which you should not be able to cross. Should work, though you should probably make the Step->Secrets combo turn into something else that doesn't activate secrets.

• Twilight Knight likes this

#3 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 27 September 2018 - 12:16 PM

An alternative method (Hero of Dreams used this) is to set a combo cycle that rapidly (every frame) alternates between a solid tile and a conveyor going in one direction. That way the combo will push Link out of itself and also prevent him from going against it.

• Twilight Knight likes this

#4 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 27 September 2018 - 03:42 PM

An alternative method (Hero of Dreams used this) is to set a combo cycle that rapidly (every frame) alternates between a solid tile and a conveyor going in one direction. That way the combo will push Link out of itself and also prevent him from going against it.

That seems like a much more efficient way of doing this, although it might not work if you wanted Link to walk along at his own pace (as this method seems to be more of a 'one-way pushing combo' rather than a 'you can only pass in one direction' combo).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users