Photo

Need help in Fragments Of Power.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Linkypoo

Linkypoo

• Members

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:49 PM

I just got the Bow, now what do I do? Also, is the arrow in the same dungeon?

Edited by Linkypoo, 05 April 2009 - 10:45 PM.

#2 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE(Linkypoo @ Apr 5 2009, 06:49 PM) View Post

I just got the Bow, now what I do? Also, is the arrow in the same dungeon?

Ohhhh!!! I remember this quest" kinda silly -
no to sure -- the bow is all the way to the right and arrow is to the left and down or "vice versa!!
I mean the other way around!

#3 Linkypoo

Linkypoo

• Members

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE(vravelo @ Apr 5 2009, 10:32 PM) View Post

Ohhhh!!! I remember this quest" kinda silly -
no to sure -- the bow is all the way to the right and arrow is to the left and down or "vice versa!!
I mean the other way around!

Could you please tell me how to get there, or what the room looks like? I appreciate the help, but I need more specifics. I've explored every room I could find, and I'm still stuck. I've even bombed pretty much every wall I think.

#4 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:15 AM

Level 2 took me forever to figure how to get the raft...simple solution once discovered (duh!). Can't believe I never sampled this DFW self-described favorite. First two levels already providing "scratching head" fodder. If yuns never played it before, you can't go wrong with this one!

#5 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:10 PM

This is one of my more simpler quests. More akin to standard Zelda 1 quests than some of my newer quests.

#6 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 18 May 2019 - 11:55 AM

I say simpler.... lol

I'm wandering around lost in my own level 9 and I've yet to find the final HC Piece out on the overworld. You truly do forget where things are and how to figure things out after years away from your own quests!  :confused:

#7 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 20 May 2019 - 02:44 PM

And I do believe I've hit a impassable roadblock. The last room in Dungeon 9 right before the first key door. The one with the blocks, arrow target and poundable posts, immediately preceding the boss rush and Ganon. I realized I utilized the goof that you can 'pound' through blocks facing upwards as the key to the solution to the puzzle. So the four pack posts in the lower left of the room around a single moveable block needed to use this trick to clear the room. However, since it's now been 'fixed' that you can't pound upwards through a block one space, the room is essentially unsolveable and thus the entire quest UNBEATABLE now in Zelda Classic. RIP Fragments of Power.

Edited by DarkFlameWolf, 20 May 2019 - 02:48 PM.

#8 Zeldafan1234

Zeldafan1234

• Members

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:17 AM

Hold on Darkflamewolf, I don't think you are remembering your own quest properly.  I just beat Fragments of Power after playing The Fallen One, it is definitely possible to get through, I remember Ganon's dungeon being extremely difficult with numerous twists and turns, but still possible to beat.  Never did find the last heart fragment though.

#9 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:26 AM

Hold on Darkflamewolf, I don't think you are remembering your own quest properly.  I just beat Fragments of Power after playing The Fallen One, it is definitely possible to get through, I remember Ganon's dungeon being extremely difficult with numerous twists and turns, but still possible to beat.  Never did find the last heart fragment though.

Are you using the latest version of Zelda Classic?

#10 Zeldafan1234

Zeldafan1234

• Members

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:28 PM

I'm using 2.53

#11 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:23 PM

2.53 should have "correct" hammer functionality for whatever quest it loads. It had a few builds during its beta phase that focused specifically on proper emulation of hammer behavior from multiple prior builds. This was due to reports of certain older quests breaking in 2.50.2, where the hammer was expected to reach higher up than it actually did (End Of Time DX's water dungeon specifically). Be sure you're playing this quest in 2.53 before worrying that it's broken. If you're playing in an earlier version, you might be having unnecessary hammer reach problems, and the quest may not need revision.

#12 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:17 PM

Still, it was a stupid decision to use a exploit on engine mechanics for a puzzle solution.  :tard:

#13 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:05 AM

I'm not sure how I managed to get past that room at the end of level 9.  Had to try using the hammer in odd ways and directions and somehow was able to pound that one post down to allow me to reach the end.  Pretty sure I was using some version of 2.50 at the time.

At around 41:10 or so in this video:

https://www.youtube....LzWBQYg&t=2520s

#14 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:22 PM

Do we have validation that 2.53 properly handles this issue/room?

#15 Zeldafan1234

Zeldafan1234

• Members

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:16 AM

Do we have validation that 2.53 properly handles this issue/room?

As far as I can tell.  I got through the level and completed the game, on 2.53.  It worked for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users